Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unexpected "Who Dey" moment
This Wednesday, I'm surveying a stretch of sewer line for upgrade. (The rapid growth in the area has outgrown the sanitary sewer system already in place) At the time, I'm measuring the invert from the top of manholes, to the bottom of the actual pipes. (literally, one of the shittiest tasks associated with my job)

Anyway, about half a mile of this sewer line runs along the back of a golf course subdivision. I'm measuring and recording my measurements, when all of a sudden, a golf cart stops next to me, and the driver yells "Who Dey!". It was about 21 degrees that morning, so I had my Bengals toboggan on. Turns out that the man was retired from P&G, originally from Cincinnati.

I get so used to being the only Bengal fan around, that it sort of made my day to get noticed by another in a far away place.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Did you dream this?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 05:43 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Did you dream this?

Naw man, I was actually working that day, and out of nowhere a guy on a golf cart pulled up and yelled Who Dey!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well, I guess that little episode certainly would have beaten a sharp stick in the eye from a rabid Squeeler, Stain or Ratbird fan.
I ran into a Bengals fan here in SC one day in a Kroger store and we kind of laughed about our "beloved" team owner.. The only reason I even knew he was a bengals fan was he had a bengals bumper sticker on his car I had noticed on the way to the store in the parking lot...  Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 04:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This Wednesday, I'm surveying a stretch of sewer line for upgrade. (The rapid growth in the area has outgrown the sanitary sewer system already in place)  At the time, I'm measuring the invert from the top of manholes, to the bottom of the actual pipes. (literally, one of the shittiest tasks associated with my job)

Anyway, about half a mile of this sewer line runs along the back of a golf course subdivision.  I'm measuring and recording my measurements, when all of a sudden, a golf cart stops next to me, and the driver yells "Who Dey!".  It was about 21 degrees that morning, so I had my Bengals toboggan on.  Turns out that the man was retired from P&G, originally from Cincinnati.

I get so used to being the only Bengal fan around, that it sort of made my day to get noticed by another in a far away place.
Where was this at might I ask?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 03:13 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Where was this at might I ask?

Sounds about like my dads place in SC.. His house is right by a golf course and has been hit well over a few hundred times by golf balls over the years. One entire exterior wall has vinyl siding with about 50 holes in it.. it ONLY took several law suit threats over about 10 years to convince em to move the direction in which golfers tee off .. he used to collect stray balls to resell back to golfers, but nobody was buying. At one point he had a 5 gallon bucket of balls that landed in the yard. The only reason my non-golfing dad bought the place to begin with is anyone's guess. My personal guess: Dementia  The only good thing about it is I get the place when the old man passes away or at least whatever equity is left when i sell it.. I'm figuring around $20,000 depending on how much longer he lives.. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope the AC unit lasts long enough. they installed it in the attic of all places.. utterly ridiculous! 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 03:13 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Where was this at might I ask?

Near Raleigh.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 08:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Near Raleigh.

Well, I was closer than say..Siberia. I'm in Columbia, SC.

Reply/Quote