Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfortunately the time to make a coaching change was 3 years ago...
(11-15-2016, 11:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Unfortunately the time to make a coaching change was 3 years ago...when we had an elite roster and the perception around the league was that we drafted well.

That was the time to go with a Zimmer or try to get a Gruden. When you have a Top 3 roster in the NFL.

Now our roster isn't talented and will likely require rebuilding...which will limit the quality of the coach that wants to come here.

When Jay Gruden was the OC...maybe Jon Gruden would have came here? Now...you're looking at Guenther, Coyle, or similar.

If they simply gave Hue the job in 2016, I think they would have continued onward and upward, but they gave Marv another year for "transition" and the Browns didn't let Hue out of the building without a contract.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Unfortunately the time to make a coaching change was 3 years ago...when we had an elite roster and the perception around the league was that we drafted well.

That was the time to go with a Zimmer or try to get a Gruden. When you have a Top 3 roster in the NFL.

Now our roster isn't talented and will likely require rebuilding...which will limit the quality of the coach that wants to come here.

When Jay Gruden was the OC...maybe Jon Gruden would have came here? Now...you're looking at Guenther, Coyle, or similar.

There are only 32 of these jobs in the entire world.  Finding a candidate will not be a problem.  These are ago driven people who believe enough in their own abilities to tackle the job, especially considering the size of the paycheck involved.

Giving any new hire the situation in which to succeed might be a different issue.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
There is no good or bad time for a coaching change. I mean, look at the Rams or the Eagles. Just bring in a guy that fits what you want to do & who can teach new stuff. If it doesn't work, then bring in another. I mean on one hand you have Zimmer & Gruden and in the other Hue Jackson, Leslie Frazier or Vance Joseph.
Reply/Quote
It's funny how these threads are still relevant except Hue Jackson is stained after coaching the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That was the time to go with a Zimmer or try to get a Gruden. When you have a Top 3 roster in the NFL.

Gruden just took a job where he is having to completely turn over the roster.
Reply/Quote