Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uniform Numbers?
(04-30-2017, 02:29 PM)Clep Wrote: I guess everyone forgot that Mario Alford wore #15

I did forget about him to be honest.

Still miss Chris Henry though, he is my favorite Bengals WR of all time. idk why lol maybe cuz i grew up watching him
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 12:29 PM)Takedown Wrote: I don't mind him wearing 15. Idk it will bother others or not. I'm sure PacMan will say something to him about it letting him know.

Speedster using chris' number is okay with me.

What better way to remember chris than seeing his number on the field flying by people
Reply/Quote
Update from the mother-ship:

The Roster Tab has the following numbers assigned:

John Ross #15
J.J. Dielman #64
Jake Elliott #3
Jordan Evans #50
Ryan Glasgow #67
Carl Lawson #58
Josh Malone #80
Jordan Willis #99
Joe Mixon #28

Not sure what to make of Mixon now being shown with 28 after the 34 jersey was shown.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Take a look at John Ross in the orange and black

https://mobile.twitter.com/WatchJRoss/photo
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:47 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Update from the mother-ship:

John Ross #15
J.J. Dielman #64
Jake Elliott #3
Jordan Evans #50
Ryan Glasgow #67
Carl Lawson #58
Josh Malone #80
Jordan Willis #99
Joe Mixon #28

Not sure what to make of Mixon now being shown with 28 after the 34 jersey was shown.
34 might be being used by a CB?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 05:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Take a look at John Ross in the orange and black

https://mobile.twitter.com/WatchJRoss/photo

Hell yeah.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I like 28 better than 34 for Mixon. Can't wait to see these guys on the field. Glasgow's number is interesting I like it.
Reply/Quote
Brandon Wilson has #40 and fwiw, he's listed as a RB.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:56 PM)Takedown Wrote: Anyone know John Ross' jersey number and Jordan Willis'? Other players too if they've chosen yet. Figured the first 3 picks did. I seen Joe Mixon with a #34 jersey with his name on it already and someone said John Ross took #15. Number we're all familiar with obviously.

Not real important, just interested lol.

It's weird he took 15, Has that Slim element to it.  Either way, love Ross and the new 15 ThumbsUp

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
Mixon switched to 28 in honor of Adrian Peterson...who was also from OU and has stayed in touch with Mixon as a friend and mentor after his troubles.
Reply/Quote

John Ross #15
J.J. Dielman #64
Jake Elliott #3
Jordan Evans #50
Ryan Glasgow #67
Carl Lawson #58
Josh Malone #80
Jordan Willis #99
Joe Mixon #28

Of course the kicker took #3...haha.

The rationale for Mixon taking #28 was in honor of his favorite RB, Adrian Peterson.  
Reply/Quote
Too bad nobody gets 00.. I always like that number or lack of..
The only player I remember wearing it, an he was with Houston was Billy 'WhiteShoes' Johnson.. He was something else. 

Edit: Apparently I was WRONG! (another sign of the end times by the way) 
Wikipedia has 00 being worn by Ken Burroughs and not Billy Johnson..
Dammit, I hate being wrong. It just throws the whole universe off by a factor of unimaginable proportions. 

In 1973 the NFL did the numbers standardization thing so nobody gets to wear 0 or 00 anymore except in preseason. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_uniform_numbers
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 07:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: Too bad nobody gets 00.. I always like that number or lack of..
The only player I remember wearing it, an he was with Houston was Billy 'WhiteShoes' Johnson.. He was something else. 

Edit: Apparently I was WRONG! (another sign of the end times by the way) 
Wikipedia has 00 being worn by Ken Burroughs and not Billy Johnson..
Dammit, I hate being wrong. It just throws the whole universe off by a factor of unimaginable proportions. 

In 1973 the NFL did the numbers standardization thing so nobody gets to wear 0 or 00 anymore except in preseason. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_uniform_numbers

The most famous 00 I can remember is Jim Otto who played C for the raiders.
Reply/Quote
Beyond numbers, I'm wondering if John Ross will have "Ross" on the back or "Ross III" like in college.....Waiting to buy a jersey untilI'm sure???

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote

John Ross #15
J.J. Dielman #64
Jake Elliott #3
Jordan Evans #50
Ryan Glasgow #67
Carl Lawson #58
Josh Malone #80
Jordan Willis #99
Joe Mixon #28

Thanks for this Murdock. I like that Mixon grabbed the AP number myself.

Glasgow having a number that could be D-line or O-line is interesting. Numbers 99 and 58 are going to do some damage to QB's.

Ross is fitting being 15 with this speed, Henry had that next gear back in his day.

#50 might surprise some people, a Linebacker with some great speed in Jordan Evans.

Edit: Where is Brandon Wilson? Thought he got 40 but not sure?
Reply/Quote
Updated the List of numbers to include all the draft picks, the UDFA's and their current listed position.

52 Bell, Brandon LB
82 Carter, Cethan TE/FB
37 Cox, Demetrious S
64 Dielman, J.J C
3 Elliott, Jake K
50 Evans, Jordan LB
67 Glasgow, Ryan DT
9 Hamilton, Karel WR
44 Laufasa, Darrin FB
58 Lawson, Carl LB
77 Lechler, Landon OT
19 Madaris, Monty WR
80 Malone, Josh WR
28 Mixon, Joe RB
56 Nickerson, Hardy LB
78 Perkins, Kent G/OT
15 Ross, John WR
86 Schreck, Mason TE
72 Stanton, Dustin G/OT
68 Tupou, Josh DT
39 Williams, Jarveon HB
34 Williams, Stanley HB
99 Willis, Jordan DE
40 Wilson, Brandon S

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 06:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this Murdock. I like that Mixon grabbed the AP number myself.

Glasgow having a number that could be D-line or O-line is interesting. Numbers 99 and 58 are going to do some damage to QB's.

Ross is fitting being 15 with this speed, Henry had that next gear back in his day.

#50 might surprise some people, a Linebacker with some great speed in Jordan Evans.

Edit: Where is Brandon Wilson? Thought he got 40 but not sure?

Feel like in one of the interviews or write-ups after the draft there was talk of him being used on the O-line.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 07:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Feel like in one of the interviews or write-ups after the draft there was talk of him being used on the O-line.

His brother was a fine O-lineman, would love it if Ryan could be.

I just don't like putting players in different lines here as it has never worked out from everything i can remember.
Reply/Quote
Buffalo whacky wild wings.....

It will always be BW3's to me but down here in Orlando they call it Buffalo Wild Wings and no one knows what I'm talking about when I say lets got to BW3's.

they also used to have pizza pockets like pepperoni and cheese and sauce inside a fried eggroll/wonton type wrapping. miss you pizza pockets
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:29 PM)Clep Wrote: I guess everyone forgot that Mario Alford wore #15

This will be a little different. We rarely saw Alford touch the field, while Ross will have a big role.

Btw...now that Mixon switched to 28, he's really going to look like Corey Dillon. The height/weight already matches. Now if only he could run that angry and learn how to throw a wicked stiff arm.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote