Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uniform Schedule?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Again, why on earth are they wearing black at home on a hot opening day? Dumbasses
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 06:41 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Hopefully we do away with the all orange jerseys... And get rid of the B logo.

Apparently, the B logo is the longest-tenured logo in team history.
It's been the official logo since 2004 (although they still used the tiger head also). This will be the 17th season.
The next longest-tenured logo is the helmet with "Bengals" on the side, which was 11 seasons.

[Image: 0549564ebf2ba7c8897e777a8deaa3fe.jpg]

IMO the B is the worst logo in franchise history.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 01:49 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Again, why on earth are they wearing black at home on a hot opening day? Dumbasses

Yep, as I feared. Whoever is in charge of the uniforms (I’m guessing someone in the PR department) has completely dropped the ball again. And two color rush appearances and only one orange game? Come on now...

Judging by the comments on Twitter, the vast majority are upset about the color rush unis taking over for the orange alternates.

Ah well, at least the helmets don’t suck
Reply/Quote
It's already getting into the high teens at most up here (Celsius, not Farenheit) so I thought, "why is everyone complaining about the heat again?"

(checks Weather on Sunday)

WOW, you guys are still super warm! LOL

It is supposed to rain though, according to the forecast (and sun/cloud); if that's the case, black doesn't seem as bad. Also, the temps should drop a bit by the time the game starts and there's a 10 km/h breeze that's supposed to be blowing (with 20 km/h gusts), so it doesn't appear to be a repeat of the 9ers game (which was 5 degrees warmer, 0 clouds, super high humidex and no wind at all).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 02:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's already getting into the high teens at most up here (Celsius, not Farenheit) so I thought, "why is everyone complaining about the heat again?"

(checks Weather on Sunday)

WOW, you guys are still super warm! LOL

It is supposed to rain though, according to the forecast (and sun/cloud); if that's the case, black doesn't seem as bad. Also, the temps should drop a bit by the time the game starts and there's a 10 km/h breeze that's supposed to be blowing (with 20 km/h gusts), so it doesn't appear to be a repeat of the 9ers game (which was 5 degrees warmer, 0 clouds, super high humidex and no wind at all).

Brother, if you played, and wore black, 82 degrees is still hotter than hell.  Looks like we will already be losing the cramp war.  Stupid.  
Reply/Quote
Our Color Rush uniforms completely lack color.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 02:48 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Brother, if you played, and wore black, 82 degrees is still hotter than hell.  Looks like we will already be losing the cramp war.  Stupid.  

I agree it's less than ideal (I would LOVE for them to wear Orange twice and for the HO).

Just saying it won't be the same as last year ThumbsUp
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 02:48 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Brother, if you played, and wore black, 82 degrees is still hotter than hell.  Looks like we will already be losing the cramp war.  Stupid.  

So true do not understand it. Shocked
Reply/Quote
Not on Twitter.

Can someone post schedule?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not on Twitter.

Can someone post schedule?

Week 1 vs. Los Angeles Chargers: Black
Week 2 at Cleveland Browns: White
Week 3 at Philadelphia Eagles: White
Week 4 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Black
Week 5 at Baltimore Ravens: White
Week 6 at Indianapolis Colts: White
Week 7 vs. Cleveland Browns: Black
Week 8 vs. Tennessee Titans: Color Rush
Week 10 at Pittsburgh Steelers: White
Week 11 at Washington Football Team: White
Week 12 vs. New York Giants: Color Rush
Week 13 at Miami Dolphins: White
Week 14 vs. Dallas Cowboys: Black
Week 15 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Orange
Week 16 at Houston Texans: White
Week 17 vs. Baltimore Ravens: Black
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 02:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Fo sho! I would only wear black in a closed dome. It would be interesting if there was a way to measure the expediency of player fatigue while wearing black in the sun? I mean begeez, they have a damn stat for everything. 

Reminds me of the "great" 2002 season.  Think it was the first home game of the year, and we were playing San Diego. It was hot.  I mean stinking hot, like an air temp of 96, sunny and zero breeze.  We were all just sitting there with sweat rolling off of us.  And, being the home team we got to make SD wear their navy jerseys.  A buddy and I were at the game and were talking about how we'd wear them down in the heat.

Think we lost 37-10 or something.  White jerseys only get you so far.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 01:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Apparently, the B logo is the longest-tenured logo in team history.
It's been the official logo since 2004 (although they still used the tiger head also). This will be the 17th season.
The next longest-tenured logo is the helmet with "Bengals" on the side, which was 11 seasons.

[Image: 0549564ebf2ba7c8897e777a8deaa3fe.jpg]

IMO the B is the worst logo in franchise history.

Idk how anyone could prefer those first two (or the leaping tiger)...

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 04:10 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: Our Color Rush uniforms completely lack color.

I'll confess, if we are talking about the white and black? I love those. Have my AJ Green jersey in color rush.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 08:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'll confess, if we are talking about the white and black? I love those. Have my AJ Green jersey in color rush.

Seriously want to see the white and black helmets to go with those color rush...

Would be sweet!!! Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 02:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Fo sho! I would only wear black in a closed dome. It would be interesting if there was a way to measure the expediency of player fatigue while wearing black in the sun? I mean begeez, they have a damn stat for everything. 

Our players should be used to it. We open on the road every damn year, and the smart teams make us wear black. I don't think any of our guys have played opening weekend in Cincinnati before... Maybe Kevin Huber.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 06:54 PM)tBengal Wrote: Only thing I’ll say about the uniforms, I don’t like the white stripe on the sides of the black jerseys. Think all black would look really good.

Yeah. We're only wearing them once, and it's the Monday night game against the Steelers. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 08:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seriously want to see the white and black helmets to go with those color rush...

Would be sweet!!! Wink

I think that'll happen next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 01:49 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Again, why on earth are they wearing black at home on a hot opening day?  Dumbasses

I wasn't a big Marvin fan but I completely agree with him on uniform color.  it doesn't matter.  If it's hot it's hot in black, white, orange, whatever.

People act like those teams that wear white uniforms in the heat win more than those that wear dark colors.  The bottom line is the best team wins.  The one wearing a more reflective color does not win any more often than the one across the field.

Suck it up and play the game.  
Reply/Quote
As I said before I don't really pay a lot of attention to the uniforms, but I wonder why we never seem to wear the orange jerseys with black pants.
Reply/Quote