Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Orange jerseys will be the Bengals new primary jerseys
(04-18-2021, 09:18 AM)jason Wrote: I'm with you... Tigers are orange with black stripes and all, but a uniform isn't supposed to look like the mascot. Our helmets alone do that. Honestly I was hoping the orange jerseys would be replaced by some sort of throwback. I hate the orange, but I'm probably not the demographic they're going after in sales anyway.

Same.

As for orange unis, I'm imagining we'll look something like this:

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fthumb...f=1&nofb=1]

Blech. Sick
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm down with the the orange! A bunch of you guys sound like bitter Grumpas!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 02:47 PM)J24 Wrote: I'm down with the the orange! A bunch of you guys sound like bitter Grumpas!

I don't have to wear it so it's whatever. If they wanna take the field lookin' like they're working in a construction zone on the freeway so be it. I will say this much though... When I would buy Bengals merchandise, I went for items that were heavy on the black. I haven't bought anything of theirs in years, and I'm gonna be even more disuaded to do so if it's plastered in orange. I just don't feel good in it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 08:36 PM)jason Wrote: I don't have to wear it so it's whatever. If they wanna take the field lookin' like they're working in a construction zone on the freeway so be it. I will say this much though... When I would buy Bengals merchandise, I went for items that were heavy on the black. I haven't bought anything of theirs in years, and I'm gonna be even more disuaded to do so if it's plastered in orange. I just don't feel good in it.

I really hope the Jersey's are tastefully done, and don't look like some of these other teams new "college" style crap. Pdub mentioned in another thread he's impressed so hopefully thats the case. 

As for the Orange, never cared for the Orange Jersey's and I won't be purchasing one. Seeing them in Orange at home every week is going to take ALOT of getting used to..
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 08:36 PM)jason Wrote: I don't have to wear it so it's whatever. If they wanna take the field lookin' like they're working in a construction zone on the freeway so be it. I will say this much though... When I would buy Bengals merchandise, I went for items that were heavy on the black. I haven't bought anything of theirs in years, and I'm gonna be even more disuaded to do so if it's plastered in orange. I just don't feel good in it.

I'm right there with ya.

I don't wear anything primarily/full orange.

If I remember correctly you're a former Sonics fan... correct?

When I'd buy their merch I'd look for stuff that's more of the darker green and less of the yellow(or preferred white accent)... and I'm not big on green either.

That green and yellow merch looked too much like Packers colors IMO.

It's kind of funny how two of the most favorite teams of mine contained colors of merch I didn't like to wear.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 08:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm right there with ya.

I don't wear anything primarily/full orange.

If I remember correctly you're a former Sonics fan... correct?

When I'd buy their merch I'd look for stuff that's more of the darker green and less of the yellow(or preferred white accent)... and I'm not big on green either.

That green and yellow merch looked too much like Packers colors IMO.

It's kind of funny how two of the most favorite teams of mine contained colors of merch I didn't like to wear.

Yeah... I still have a Sonics trucker hat. I love it because it has the old 80s green and yellow logo on the white foam of the hat, but the mesh and bill are a really dark grey.

It's kinda funny... I literally hate the colors of all my favorite teams, and my alma mater.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 08:52 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: I really hope the Jersey's are tastefully done, and don't look like some of these other teams new "college" style crap. Pdub mentioned in another thread he's impressed so hopefully thats the case. 

As for the Orange, never cared for the Orange Jersey's and I won't be purchasing one. Seeing them in Orange at home every week is going to take ALOT of getting used to..

The leaked uniforms are actually kinda growing on me. If you sorta blur your eyes, you can see the resemblance to the 80s and 90s uniforms. I think I can even live with the orange primary... The orange on orange jerseys and pants scheme seems a bit much to me though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 08:59 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I still have a Sonics trucker hat. I love it because it has the old 80s green and yellow logo on the white foam of the hat, but the mesh and bill are a really dark grey.

It's kinda funny... I literally hate the colors of all my favorite teams, and my alma mater.

Luckily I grew up a Reds fan and I like their colors.  Bearcats too.

Those are the two I really enjoy their merch.

Too bad I don't care about baseball like I used too.

Reds sucking for years did it to me and way too damn many games.  Sonics getting erased from NBA killed that for me.

The Bengals still got me even through all of the bullshit. 

I watch OSU but don't own much of their stuff.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 09:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Luckily I grew up a Reds fan and I like their colors.  Bearcats too.

Those are the two I really enjoy their merch.

^^^^  Red and Black is the best color combination in sports. (Yeah, we're biased in Cincy but it's still true)

These are my favorites of each (The Bearcats one is obvious)

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fblogredmachine.com%2Fwp-co...80025.jpeg]

[Image: 25628912357_b216765edd_b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 09:02 PM)jason Wrote: The leaked uniforms are actually kinda growing on me. If you sorta blur your eyes, you can see the resemblance to the 80s and 90s uniforms. I think I can even live with the orange primary... The orange on orange jerseys and pants scheme seems a bit much to me though.

A lot of rampant rumors and speculation on this. I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. Wink
Reply/Quote
I'm not saying I want this design, but I do think this shade of orange is pretty cool. I wish we would have kept the helmet design the same and just went a little less bright with our orange.

[Image: url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest...AdAAAAABAX]

[Image: JermarJefferson_2019_magazine_oregonstat...k=twwqBoas]

[Image: IMG_7548_large.jpg]

Of course, at the end of the day they're just uniforms. I suppose it doesn't matter all that much to me as long as the team is successful. But I do think it would have been kinda neat to modernize our design and color scheme a bit. I personally think what a lot of people think of "classic" about our unis is a bit dated.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 10:20 PM)PDub80 Wrote: A lot of rampant rumors and speculation on this. I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. Wink

From this day forward... You're my man on the inside.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm cool with this. I always loved the black jerseys, especially the '80s and '90s versions. But during the '90s it seems like everyone adopted a "me too" black jersey. If they didn't go to a black jersey they darkened one of their colors to where it was practically black. Then the Bengals busied up their uniform in the last generation and it was just another kinda-black uniform.

The popularity of the orange and color rush whites showed the Bengals the way on this.
Reply/Quote
Well the press release today said that black is the primary jersey, so those such as myself who don't want orange to be the primary jersey have nothing to worry about...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Orange has been their best look since it was introduced. I do agree that orange looks better with black pants, but whatever. I suspect the players will be into it, and that counts the most.
Reply/Quote
This thread title needs to be corrected...

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals suck once again it'll give fans in attendance to games at home plenty of reasons to toss Mandarin oranges on the field.. Let em ripen up a bit first just in case..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote