Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uniform combo for Jets game
I would assume black shirts / white pants for the opener, but I can't find anything to confirm this.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 11:45 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: I would assume black shirts / white pants for the opener, but I can't find anything to confirm this.

Depends what the Jets want to do for their home uni's.  Early in the year a lot of teams prefer to where white shirts to deflect the heat, Bengals included.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When we opened at the jets in 2004, we wore black on white while the jets went all white. The jets appear to be one of the teams that wears white at home during September (at least they were 12 years ago). I'd guess black jerseys for us
Reply/Quote
Jets wore white in their home opener against the Browns last year. I expect the Bengals to be in black jerseys and white pants. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Random question:

Does anyone remember the home opener back in 2003? Marvin's debut... I believe it was week 1. I honestly can't remember but I feel like we wore all-black in the old uniform designs. Does anybody remember?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 08:25 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Random question:

Does anyone remember the home opener back in 2003? Marvin's debut... I believe it was week 1. I honestly can't remember but I feel like we wore all-black in the old uniform designs. Does anybody remember?

H/O in 2013 was week 2, I believe and we played the Jets in week 6 or 7 or something along those lines.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

I do because I was at that game.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 10:33 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: I do because I was at that game.

No you don't, because it wasn't the home opener.

Sure you could've been there, but your memory is fuzzy...
Reply/Quote
They still haven't revealed our Color Rush uniforms, right?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 11:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No you don't, because it wasn't the home opener.

Sure you could've been there, but your memory is fuzzy...

2003 home opener for the Bengals was game 1, at PBS. The Bengals wore all black. 

I wasn't at the game, but i remember watching it at work as i was on call. They lost something like 30-10 and i remember thinking, different day/same shit.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 02:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 2003 home opener for the Bengals was game 1, at PBS. The Bengals wore all black. 

I wasn't at the game, but i remember watching it at work as i was on call. They lost something like 30-10 and i remember thinking, different day/same shit.

Against the Broncos, with Kitna side arming a pick six trying to dump it off to the RB DEEP in our own end instead of taking a sack.  I shook my head and thought to myself the only reason Palmer was not going to get snaps was fear he would get broken.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 02:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 2003 home opener for the Bengals was game 1, at PBS. The Bengals wore all black. 

But then, it a changed Wink
Reply/Quote

Thank you, I thought so. Here it is

[Image: 157473_6923847dillon.JPG]
Reply/Quote
Per Jay Morrison on Twitter:

"Sunday will be a rare road game where the Bengals wear Black Jerseys. Since 04 they are 30-28 in the black jersey/white pants combo."
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 02:26 PM)JungleGal50 Wrote: Per Jay Morrison on Twitter:

"Sunday will be a rare road game where the Bengals wear Black Jerseys.  Since 04 they are 30-28 in the black jersey/white pants combo."

Yep the weekly Bengals media release has them wearing black jerseys and white pants on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Attached is an image from twitter (sorry I don't know how to post in the message itself), saying the color rush uniforms will be unveiled Tuesday at the Cincinnati zoo's white tiger exhibit  Ninja

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote

Yeah, pretty sure we wore all black in that opener. If I'm not mistaken, we wore all black in the old "leaping tiger" uni's late in the 2002 season and those uni's went over really well with the fans. It then became a permanent uni option when they introduced the new uniforms in '03.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I see it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 07:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, pretty sure we wore all black in that opener. If I'm not mistaken, we wore all black in the old "leaping tiger" uni's late in the 2002 season and those uni's went over really well with the fans. It became a permanent uni option after that.

The older I get, the more I miss the leaping tiger uniform. I liked the all black design a lot, I think it would look even better with the interior PBS has now (my god, the stadium was bland back then).
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 07:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The older I get, the more I miss the leaping tiger uniform. I liked the all black design a lot, I think it would look even better with the interior PBS has now (my god, the stadium was bland back then).

It just feels we're due for a change. These "new" uni's are going into their 14th season (same as Marv) and I've never been a huge fan of them. The leaping tiger uni's were definitely better, but I kinda wish they'd go in a different direction entirely. Keep the stripes on the helmets, but do something with the jersey's and maybe even orange chrome for the helmets.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote