Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uniforms..
Do you like the long pants over the socks showing or the other way around? I'm partial to the old style and would prefer the entire team have to wear the socks up to the knees instead of allowing the players to choose. I'm glad they let them go ahead and wear facial hair, but for years all Reds players were required to be completely facial hair free. (Clean shaven) 
As far as the rest of the uniforms..ehh.. I don't really miss the uniforms of the old BRM days with double knit pull ups.. I like the regular belt look and could live without some of the camo looks and other silly novelty uniforms.. Green uniforms? Silly stuff IMO..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds will be wearing 10 different "throwback" uniforms this year. Think it will always be a sunday game.
Reply/Quote
High socks or GTFO. Pajama pants and the whole hooked-around-the-back-of-the-shoe look are terrible.

I'm all on board facial hair and okay with long hair, so long as it's at least semi-groomed. I think there's a couple guys out there (at least 2 on Colorado alone) who just look straight homeless.
[Image: charlie-blackmon-mug.jpg?w=1024&h=682]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As far as Reds uniforms go, the best are...

[Image: 636034164198618214-Reds-Cubs-Baseball-Wesl.jpg]

1988-1992 (Basically the 70s-80s uniform, but with a red stripe down the legs.)
[Image: e0983b10039b826a40821eec767eee23.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: High socks or GTFO. Pajama pants and the whole hooked-around-the-back-of-the-shoe look are terrible.

I'm all on board facial hair and okay with long hair, so long as it's at least semi-groomed. I think there's a couple guys out there (at least 2 on Colorado alone) who just look straight homeless.
[Image: charlie-blackmon-mug.jpg?w=1024&h=682]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As far as Reds uniforms go, the best are...

[Image: 636034164198618214-Reds-Cubs-Baseball-Wesl.jpg]

1988-1992 (Basically the 70s-80s uniform, but with a red stripe down the legs.)
[Image: e0983b10039b826a40821eec767eee23.jpg]

I can't believe we actually agree on a few things LL.. That's ok.. I'm not to wild about pinstripes, never have been, but to each his own.
Every homeless guy should be so lucky to earn a MLB salary..Hell, they'd all be shIitting in high cotton to earn MiLB minimum..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote