Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Union: Pistol-whipped detective didn't shoot attacker because of headlines
(08-15-2015, 01:52 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: These police end up getting exonerated because they aren't tried by the media, Facebook, message boards, etc.  I don't deny that the evidence could show that he was innocent, but even if it did, Americans are too feeble-minded to recognize it and treat it as such.

Just look at all of the police officer shootings that happen.  If you say that people don't overreact regardless of the evidence that supports the officer, you're either lying, trolling, stupid, or a combination of the three.  A good deal of people have their mind made up and evidence doesn't sway them.

You mean like Ferguson? Where "Hands up Don't Shoot" was debunked early on and the evidence turned out to support the officer but people didn't care? 
(08-15-2015, 02:29 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You mean like Ferguson? Where "Hands up Don't Shoot" was debunked early on and the evidence turned out to support the officer but people didn't care? 

You mean the people on the grand jury who let the cop go?

And the "Hand up " story was not debunked early on.  There were conflicting stories and no real evidence to prove either side.
(08-15-2015, 01:52 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: These police end up getting exonerated because they aren't tried by the media, Facebook, message boards, etc.  I don't deny that the evidence could show that he was innocent, but even if it did, Americans are too feeble-minded to recognize it and treat it as such.

You are talking in circles.  "People" are the ones that decide that all of these cops are innocent, yet you insist the evidence does not matter to "people".

That does not make any sense.  

If "people" are feeble minded then why are almost all of these cops exonerated by "people"?
(08-15-2015, 02:12 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Sure there are.  That's why everywhere you look there are pro-cop rallies and protests, pro-cop supporters interrupting campaign speeches, etc..

Thanks for proving my point

[Image: -bbe4b7b00e6e345c.jpg]

[Image: balt-3.jpg]

[Image: POLICERALLY_01.jpg]

[Image: pro-police-rally.jpg]

[Image: B9315617113Z.1_20141223224422_000_GAM9GFLMK.1-0.jpg]

[Image: 5500fb7075614.image.jpg?resize=620%2C464]

[Image: 1412640245-protesters-disrupt-propolice-...952779.jpg]

[Image: Pro_police_rally_held_at_Phoenix_PD_head...40_480.jpg]

[Image: police+rally+evansville.jpg]
I couldn't care less about public perception EXCEPT what it means down the road. How many black people are emboldened to be more aggressive towards cops and how many cops are reluctant to fully defend themselves?

It needs to stop.

Even as a conservative, I'm all in favor of not allowing the media to report ANY speculation whatsoever. Only report facts. And maybe not even reporting a crime til someone is charged or the crime was labeled not-a-crime. I also think all cops should wear body cams which should be on at all times while on duty.

There should be some kind of HUGE educational push towards how to behave during traffic stops or when interacting with the police where nothing but politeness in response to police is advocated. In conjunction with that, education on how to respond following an interaction if you think your rights were violated in some way ("driving while black" or if the officer were rude in some way).

SOMETHING needs to be done or otherwise we're going to continue to read about people being shot by cops and people hurting/killing police.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-15-2015, 02:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I couldn't care less about public perception EXCEPT what it means down the road. How many black people are emboldened to be more aggressive towards cops and how many cops are reluctant to fully defend themselves?

It needs to stop.

Even as a conservative, I'm all in favor of not allowing the media to report ANY speculation whatsoever. Only report facts. And maybe not even reporting a crime til someone is charged or the crime was labeled not-a-crime. I also think all cops should wear body cams which should be on at all times while on duty.

There should be some kind of HUGE educational push towards how to behave during traffic stops or when interacting with the police where nothing but politeness in response to police is advocated. In conjunction with that, education on how to respond following an interaction if you think your rights were violated in some way ("driving while black" or if the officer were rude in some way).

SOMETHING needs to be done or otherwise we're going to continue to read about people being shot by cops and people hurting/killing police.
Meh, they've been saying NWA and Ice T are going to cause violence toward police for 30 years and were still waiting on that. I'm guessing there is more violence toward police during out of control protests and riots, but I don't think a new focus on police brutality is going to change anything in terms of danger.

Actually teaching people what their rights are would make sense.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(08-15-2015, 02:28 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Pro cop supporters don't need to cause a ruckus because they have the support of the establishment. They stay put because the aren't trying to change the current situation; they support it.

Maybe we shouldn't be pro-cop or pro-BLM.  Maybe what we should do is weigh each situation accordingly based on evidence, rather than jump to conclusions based on preconceived biases and prejudices. 

There are bad cops and there are bad people.  Painting either side with a broad brush in any manner accomplishes nothing but further divide.  
(08-15-2015, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are talking in circles.  "People" are the ones that decide that all of these cops are innocent, yet you insist the evidence does not matter to "people".

That does not make any sense.  

If "people" are feeble minded then why are almost all of these cops exonerated by "people"?

These officers are exonerated by people CHOSEN to uphold the law.  If you feel that the people chosen to do this are a reflection of the average biased American, then you are a fool, plain and simple.  
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-15-2015, 02:29 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You mean like Ferguson? Where "Hands up Don't Shoot" was debunked early on and the evidence turned out to support the officer but people didn't care? 

Yes, exactly like that. You have evidence that shows innocence, which all people can easily see, yet simple minds everywhere protested the issue.
LFG  

(08-15-2015, 03:51 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Maybe we shouldn't be pro-cop or pro-BLM.  Maybe what we should do is weigh each situation accordingly based on evidence, rather than jump to conclusions based on preconceived biases and prejudices. 

There are bad cops and there are bad people.  Painting either side with a broad brush in any manner accomplishes nothing but further divide.  

Rep.  Good post.
LFG  

(08-15-2015, 07:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: These officers are exonerated by people CHOSEN to uphold the law.  If you feel that the people chosen to do this are a reflection of the average biased American, then you are a fool, plain and simple.  

Well....you know who are talking with

(08-15-2015, 07:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yes, exactly like that. You have evidence that shows innocence, which all people can easily see, yet simple minds everywhere protested the issue.

Well now hang on....fred said we don't know what happened....
(08-15-2015, 07:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You have evidence that shows innocence, which all people can easily see, yet simple minds everywhere protested the issue.

There was not any hard evidence that even came close to proving innocence released fro a long time.  Even now we have not seen any real evidnce that proves what happened one way or another.
(08-15-2015, 07:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: These officers are exonerated by people CHOSEN to uphold the law.  If you feel that the people chosen to do this are a reflection of the average biased American, then you are a fool, plain and simple.  

So the people posting is this thread are not real either.

I have seen thousands of people marching in support of cops.

I have seen lots of everyday average people on juries acquit police.

I have seen a large portion of the people who post here support the police. 

What exactly do you base your 100% unquestionable opinion of the average american?  What proof do you have that makes anyone who disagrees with it a fool?