Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unselfish team
The best WR trio in the league does more than just catch passes.  They all 3 blocked for this 1st down by Hurst that included 2 pancake blocks and Chase driving his man downfield.

[Image: 00-hDZjiKrt1EZn6x7js-IzRdr7DJJbp7Dzm3CyF...1666583811]

Karras took full responsibility for a sack by LC because he snapped the ball too early.

Reply/Quote
That is why this team is fun to watch, they play as a team and play for each other. No Prima Donas
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:18 AM)sandwedge Wrote: That is why this team is fun to watch, they play as a team and play for each other. No Prima Donas

I honestly think in another universe Chase is a major prima Donna but he ended up on the perfect team for himself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah this point is so underrated I feel. Obviously we aren't in the locker room, but could we name a single player who's a 'bad character' guy to have on the team? We have some incredibly talented individual players, but the Bengals really feel like a collective group and the sum of those parts.

For a Franchise with as dire a history as we have, I really feel that we've built a team which pretty much every other franchise would want to swap for. Or for the few that wouldn't, it'd be a bloody close thing.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 07:56 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I honestly think in another universe Chase is a major prima Donna but he ended up on the perfect team for himself.

Based on what? He’s never had any of that to his game. Not at LSU when JJ was getting the ball more than him, and not here when it happens with Tee.

Go watch that video the team put out about his journey. He has great parents (like anything in life it all starts with the parents), and had a great high school coach that set him on the right path early on.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 08:06 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah this point is so underrated I feel. Obviously we aren't in the locker room, but could we name a single player who's a 'bad character' guy to have on the team? We have some incredibly talented individual players, but the Bengals really feel like a collective group and the sum of those parts.

For a Franchise with as dire a history as we have, I really feel that we've built a team which pretty much every other franchise would want to swap for. Or for the few that wouldn't, it'd be a bloody close thing.

Me too

It means a lot when the going gets tough. And it always gets tough at some point.
Reply/Quote
This is one of the main reasons they didn't implode after starting 0-2.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 08:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Based on what? He’s never had any of that to his game. Not at LSU when JJ was getting the ball more than him, and not here when it happens with Tee.

Go watch that video the team put out about his journey. He has great parents (like anything in life it all starts with the parents), and had a great high school coach that set him on the right path early on.

Yes, highly recommend that clip. He's a humble young man who appears to have been raised right.
Reply/Quote
It's my opinion that Chase brought this mentality to the team.

When you see your superstar WR blocking downfield as he was doing right out of the gate last year, it's hard not to follow suit.

Not many blue-collar superstars out there but believe Bengals have two in Chase and Burrow.

This team is loaded with team players and that's a credit to Zac's vision as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 12:54 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The best WR trio in the league does more than just catch passes.  They all 3 blocked for this 1st down by Hurst that included 2 pancake blocks and Chase driving his man downfield.

[Image: 00-hDZjiKrt1EZn6x7js-IzRdr7DJJbp7Dzm3CyF...1666583811]

Karras took full responsibility for a sack by LC because he snapped the ball too early.

Someone buy Karras a beer or cup of tea, on my behalf. THanks.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 08:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Based on what? He’s never had any of that to his game. Not at LSU when JJ was getting the ball more than him, and not here when it happens with Tee.

By all accounts, this super talented stud of a player is also a workaholic. That's a sign of great character. Some all world talents rest on their laurels, but not Ja'Marr. 

You're right about his family life too. I think it's way cool that his folks often hang with Joe's folks at the games.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 07:56 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I honestly think in another universe Chase is a major prima Donna but he ended up on the perfect team for himself.

I get what you mean.. if he was destined to being a prima Donna, the practice and preseason dropsies his rookie year probably humbled him a bit. Chase is definitely no Chad, for good or bad. 
Reply/Quote
Looks like Goodberry agreed, here is a good view of the trio blocking...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:18 AM)sandwedge Wrote: That is why this team is fun to watch, they play as a team and play for each other. No Prima Donas

If only Toasted Apple would stay off of social media. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 01:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Looks like Goodberry agreed, here is a good view of the trio blocking...

TB had a REALLY nice block on that play.

Reply/Quote

That video was awesome.  The entire Chase family are all class.  

By the way, Karras is quickly becoming my favorite Bengal.  Every time he talks whether it's during the week or post-game you can tell how much he loves football and this team.  Plus he's petty damn good!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:13 PM)JumboTron Wrote: That video was awesome.  The entire Chase family are all class.  

By the way, Karras is quickly becoming my favorite Bengal.  Every time he talks whether it's during the week or post-game you can tell how much he loves football and this team.  Plus he's petty damn good!

He might very well be the best Center we’ve had since Braham.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
He might very well be the best Center we’ve had since Braham.

I don't think there's any question about that. Hopkins played admirably, but he was an UDFA for a reason. Price and Bodine were not as good as him.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:13 PM)JumboTron Wrote: That video was awesome.  The entire Chase family are all class.  

Strong bloodlines will do that: you see it with Burrow, they're both cut from the same cloth.

EDIT* just looked at the entire family, so Grandfather Ted was a good G, Great-Uncle Lou was a DT (no stats) and Great-Uncle Alex is a HoF DT who played for the Lions. Papa Ted played (and started) 1 game in 1987 at DT for the 'skins (as a replacement player), as well coached from the early 90s-2016 and current Ted is with us.

Despite all being from Gary, IN (save for our Ted, who's from Chicago), EACH ONE went to a different Big-10 school. Super weird/cool fact.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 10:40 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It's my opinion that Chase brought this mentality to the team.

When you see your superstar WR blocking downfield as he was doing right out of the gate last year, it's hard not to follow suit.

Not many blue-collar superstars out there but believe Bengals have two in Chase and Burrow.

This team is loaded with team players and that's a credit to Zac's vision as well.

A completely underrated part of his game is willingness to block for his teammates.  And not just block them, but lays em out too.  2 of the more unselfish plays for Chase was his block to spring mixon for the td in detroit last year and when he went after the guy that intercepted burrow and pushed him out of bounds.  I dont know a lot of elite recevers that elevate their game in that manner
Reply/Quote