Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Unstoppable
Just wanted to say that I honestly think after having Burrow sacked 9 times and still being able to win this game is incredible.
If we had even a good O-Line this team would be unstoppable
Reply/Quote
That’s for next year. Luckily for us he’s so good they still can’t stop this team with a bad o line. Just wait until we are defending super bowl champs coming back with a vastly improved team lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:13 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Just wanted to say that I honestly think after having Burrow sacked 9 times and still being able to win this game is incredible.

Burrow got sacked 9 times, but still managed to complete 76% of his passes and only have 1 pick (that shouldn't have been a pick). That's F'N greatness right there. Anyone who says otherwise is clueless.

To your point, they got their franchise QB 2 years ago. They got a superstar playmaker this past year. This offseason needs to devoted to putting together the best o-line possible. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:13 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Just wanted to say that I honestly think after having Burrow sacked 9 times and still being able to win this game is incredible.

Even if they don't go any further, it shows how much some improvements this offseason can make.  Incredible.  When you look and realize how absolutely crushing this team could be with some offseason moves and keeping everyone healthy next year, any fan has to be incredible optimistic at this point.  Burrow needs help on the line.  With that, this team would easily be the number 1 seed.  And possibly for a few years.  

Being a Scot, are you a scotch drinker?  Anything to celebrate (tomorrow, perhaps, since it's 1:30am right now)?  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Burrow got sacked 9 times, but still managed to complete 76% of his passes and only have 1 pick (that shouldn't have been a pick). That's F'N greatness right there. Anyone who says otherwise is clueless.

To your point, they got their franchise QB 2 years ago. They got a superstar playmaker this past year. This offseason needs to devoted to putting together the best o-line possible. 

No doubt Holic. Fix the OL and we are the team to beat. Tough sumbitch is Burrow but we need to give him time as when he 
has it he is a Surgeon. Didn't have much time tonight but that is the way it goes against a great DL like the Titans have against
late round picks and UDFA's. Pretty clear what needs to be fixed in the Offseason and think it will be.

Sure would be awesome to have either an AFC Championship or even better a Lombardi while doing so. Cry
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:26 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Even if they don't go any further, it shows how much some improvements this offseason can make.  Incredible.  When you look and realize how absolutely crushing this team could be with some offseason moves and keeping everyone healthy next year, any fan has to be incredible optimistic at this point.  Burrow needs help on the line.  With that, this team would easily be the number 1 seed.  And possibly for a few years.  

Being a Scot, are you a scotch drinker?  Anything to celebrate (tomorrow, perhaps, since it's 1:30am right now)?  

I have been know to have a small Glenlivet now and again, I will have one tomorrow after my Haggis supper.
I may have a few next weekend whilst watching the game.
Reply/Quote

Yeah wait til we get a good O-line thru FA and the draft next year.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:19 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I have been know to have a small Glenlivet now and again, I will have one tomorrow after my Haggis supper.

One of my favourite dishes on the planet, just delicious.

And I hate offals!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Burrow got sacked 9 times, but still managed to complete 76% of his passes and only have 1 pick (that shouldn't have been a pick). That's F'N greatness right there. Anyone who says otherwise is clueless.

This. Right. Here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:20 PM)magikod Wrote: Yeah wait til we get a good O-line thru FA and the draft next year.

Players want to play with Burrow. We're going to some some stud linemen in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:41 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Players want to play with Burrow. We're going to some some stud linemen in free agency.

and not have to overpay them like Cincinnati's past!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:41 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Players want to play with Burrow. We're going to some some stud linemen in free agency.

pLAYERS DEF WANT TO PLAY WITH BURROW
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:20 PM)magikod Wrote: Yeah wait til we get a good O-line thru FA and the draft next year.

I really hope we concentrate on the O-Line in a big way this off season after spending big on the Defence over the last 2 years
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:19 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I have been know to have a small Glenlivet now and again, I will have one tomorrow after my Haggis supper.

"Whilst watching the game."  Just awesome.

Contrary to the thread but important to me:  What are your thoughts on Dimple Pinch scotch?  I became intrigued after Walter White ordered up a wee dram in "Breaking Bad." 

PS, my daughter owns a pair of killer dimples.
Reply/Quote

That’s right.The off-season needs to be devoted to putting together the best OL possible.And please,not through the draft.FA only.And this may involve,trades,trading draft picks,or whatever it takes to get it done.
Reply/Quote

Burrow having the best pass completion percentage in NFL behind that line while coming off knee surgery is mind blowing. 

They've got to do whatever it takes to get him protection before he gets seriously hurt and they're back to square one again. 

If a few players at other positions have to be casualties to get it done so be it. Really like Bates and he has really stepped up when needed, but if letting him go allows for an extra good OL to be brought in and his spot filled in draft then lets pull the trigger. Was just using Bates as a name but it can be any player that the coaches feel can be replaced cheaper to save money for O-line. 

Don't feel as if anything too drastic needs to be done to achieve this but if it is needed, then just do it. 

Really like all the players on this team, but I love Burrow and not willing to gamble another year with no protection. If Reiff can be gotten cheaper per his injury track record and getting long in the tooth then would bring him back as a back up OT too.   

We need at least two veteran studs in FA if not three imo. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 07:24 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: "Whilst watching the game."  Just awesome.

Contrary to the thread but important to me:  What are your thoughts on Dimple Pinch scotch?  I became intrigued after Walter White ordered up a wee dram in "Breaking Bad." 

PS, my daughter owns a pair of killer dimples.

Sadly, neither of my girls have dimples. But my youngest has a smile that would melt your heart.

P.S. This thread is now about dimples.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:26 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Even if they don't go any further, it shows how much some improvements this offseason can make.  Incredible.  When you look and realize how absolutely crushing this team could be with some offseason moves and keeping everyone healthy next year, any fan has to be incredible optimistic at this point.  Burrow needs help on the line.  With that, this team would easily be the number 1 seed.  And possibly for a few years.  

I think with us having a younger team, this may be why we haven't had as many injuries. 

Reply/Quote

Yeah, Romo said later that he has never heard of a QB win like that in the Playoffs. Have to agree with him.

Our Defense is also awesome right now which we will need to beat the Chiefs and get to the Superbowl.

I think they can stop Mahomes at least a couple times unlike the Bills, that was bad last night.

Fix the OL in the Offseason but we definitely need to make adjustments after that showing against the Titans.

What is crazy about Burrow is there will be a time where the OL holds up a bit no matter what DL we are playing against 
and he will beat you on a big play. Even when there is pressure he will beat Defenses, it almost doesn't matter even though
of course it does, need to improve the OL play big time. It is just I still think we can win it all even with just okay OL play.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 09:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Romo said later that he has never heard of a QB win like that in the Playoffs. Have to agree with him.

Our Defense is also awesome right now which we will need to beat the Chiefs and get to the Superbowl.

I think they can stop Mahomes at least a couple times unlike the Bills, that was bad last night.

Fix the OL in the Offseason but we definitely need to make adjustments after that showing against the Titans.

What is crazy about Burrow is there will be a time where the OL holds up a bit no matter what DL we are playing against 
and he will beat you on a big play. Even when there is pressure he will beat Defenses, it almost doesn't matter even though
of course it does, need to improve the OL play big time. It is just I still think we can win it all even with just okay OL play.

Yep what Burrow and the offense did except for O-line was show extreme grit and determination while getting physically pummeled and overcoming is freaking crazy good. 

Cant give the offense nearly as much credit as the defense, but their fortitude and mettle certainly helped win the ballgame. 

In fact I have not been able to rewatch game because it's so hard watching Burrow get hit so often and have stuck to just the game highlights. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote