Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unsung Bengals; Potential already on roster?
Video 
Looking for upgrades? Look no further than players that may already be on our roster. From those who don't get a lot of recognition around here, I say on behalf of them.... Don't forget about us!

Defensive End - Keandre Jones

Defensive Tackle - Kahlil McKenzie

Tight End - Mitchell Wilcox

Wide Receiver - Scotty Washington

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Dang if this ain’t the most Bengal thing ever. We have the guys already on the roster so don’t worry about free agency and the draft lol.

I appreciate the post tho... it’s interesting seeing how someone can have a good highlight tape and still struggle to crack a starting lineup... feel we need reminding of that during this time of year.
Reply/Quote
I really liked Mitchell as an undrafted FA (even after he got pinged in the head with the football at the combine).

I think the issue is people watch the highlight videos and not the game videos. I always search youtube for.... example Sewell vs ___ (or Herbert vs __ )

Draft breakdown used to have good ones where it was every snap of the player in a game. Not just the highlights. But I think that page got shut down.

Reply/Quote
I also thought Stanley Morgan Jr. had potential (and now back with his OC from Stanford who is now the WR coach, it may give him the bump in playtime on Offense).

I didn't include him because he's had a couple years to break the lineup and hasn't (although I've seen him in the Offense some late last year).

Maybe now that we are down 3 wideouts he'll get his shot.

Reply/Quote
Khalil is a good guy and decent player; I see him bouncing on and off the PS this year, like he did last year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean hell, Wilcox can't do any worse at TE than what's ahead of him on the depth chart, right?
Reply/Quote
I actually liked the way the practice squad worked (with the additional players and those protected and the ability to call some up for a couple games). Not sure it that will stick but one of the covid changes I hoped would.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 01:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Dang if this ain’t the most Bengal thing ever. We have the guys already on the roster so don’t worry about free agency and the draft lol.

I appreciate the post tho... it’s interesting seeing how someone can have a good highlight tape and still struggle to crack a starting lineup... feel we need reminding of that during this time of year.

We did he say that?
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 01:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Dang if this ain’t the most Bengal thing ever. We have the guys already on the roster so don’t worry about free agency and the draft lol.

I think Bfine is just referring to some of the last roster spots.
So Mitchell Wilcox would compete with Mason Schreck for TE3 duties.
Scotty Washington compete with Stanley Morgan for WR6 duties.
Khalil McKenzie competing for final DL spot.

I'm fine with potentially any of them making the final spot of their respective positions as ST guys.

Keandre Jones produced more in his final year in college than I realized. 73 tackles, 14.5 TFL, 7.0 sacks, 3 PD.
It's worth pointing out though that Keandre Jones only weights 220 lbs. He's not going to be a DE. He'd be rush LB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 02:08 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I mean hell, Wilcox can't do any worse at TE than what's ahead of him on the depth chart, right?

Yes he could be a lot worse.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 02:08 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I mean hell, Wilcox can't do any worse at TE than what's ahead of him on the depth chart, right?

It can definitely get worse than what we have. You guys remember Dan “Butterfingers” Coats? Wilcox could be that bad, you don’t know
Reply/Quote
Markus Bailey showed some pass rush skills in college.  He had 13.5 sacks and 20 TFL over his sophomore and junior seasons before getting injured in the second game of his senior year.

Maybe his injury rehab set him back last year and he will take a big step up this year after a full healthy off-season.
Reply/Quote
There's always a few guys who don't show much in practice and such, but on game days if they're in the lineup they shine great. You never really know who may be overlooked from time to time especially on a team with entrenched starters ahead of them..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 02:39 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It can definitely get worse than what we have. You guys remember Dan “Butterfingers” Coats? Wilcox could be that bad, you don’t know

Reminded me of Hot Hands from Little Giants  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 02:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We did he say that?

When he said “looking for upgrades? Look no further than the current roster”...?

Now I know that wasn’t the intention of the post, but it does sound like something you’d hear from Hobson.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 02:39 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It can definitely get worse than what we have. You guys remember Dan “Butterfingers” Coats? Wilcox could be that bad, you don’t know

I kind of liked Coats.. He played that entire last season with a broken thumb and never complained.. He definitely caught more passes from Carson than I ever did..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Wilcox got the same celebration after every catch, lol ... BUT after watching his hype video he does look like the best TE on our roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 01:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: I really liked Mitchell as an undrafted FA (even after he got pinged in the head with the football at the combine).

I think the issue is people watch the highlight videos and not the game videos. I always search youtube for.... example Sewell vs ___ (or Herbert vs __ )

Draft breakdown used to have good ones where it was every snap of the player in a game. Not just the highlights. But I think that page got shut down.

sometimes these kids just never get a shot... 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 02:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: I kind of liked Coats.. He played that entire last season with a broken thumb and never complained.. He definitely caught more passes from Carson than I ever did..

not enough can be said for Grit factor
Reply/Quote
I could be wrong but I thought that Coats was an undersized OT that was converted to TE. No shock that he didn't tear it up.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote