Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unsung heroes
OMG Cordell Volson what a job as a rookie and improvement. And Ted Karras and Cappa for tutoring him. Their addition wasn’t limited to their play. Derek Frazier and Frank Pollack for getting him ready. The scouting staff.

CTB… oh my. He’s got better and better. The vets have helped him and our recent secondary coach addition has really helped him. Was hurt early. What a bullseye by the scouting department and really well liked for his locker room contribution.

Scharpling…. Wasn’t here for camp. Wow what a pro and Duke and his staff targeting him off waivers was masterful.

Germaine Pratt… he’s had a hell of a year. Made big plays left and right.

Jackson Carman… hasn’t played left tackle in a game since college. Hasn’t hardly played all year. Taking it to the limit.

Drue Chrisman, and the place keeping and snapper… they’ve been great.

Trenton Irwin stepped up when Chase went down.

Before the year our own message board geniuses bemoaned keeping Perine. Bemoaned having Trenton Irwin as our 4th receiver. Bemoaned Eli Apple. Bemoaned Carman.

The story written on the 2022-23 Bengals will be about the whole roster and the culture.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: OMG Cordell Volson what a job as a rookie and improvement. And Ted Karras and Cappa for tutoring him. Their addition wasn’t limited to their play. Derek Frazier and Frank Pollack for getting him ready. The scouting staff.

CTB… oh my. He’s got better and better. The vets have helped him and our recent secondary coach addition has really helped him. Was hurt early. What a bullseye by the scouting department and really well liked for his locker room contribution.

Scharpling…. Wasn’t here for camp. Wow what a pro and Duke and his staff targeting him off waivers was masterful.

Germaine Pratt… he’s had a hell of a year. Made big plays left and right.

Jackson Carman… hasn’t played left tackle in a game since college. Hasn’t hardly played all year. Taking it to the limit.

Drue Chrisman, and the place keeping and snapper… they’ve  been great.

Trenton Irwin stepped up when Chase went down.

Before the year our own message board geniuses bemoaned keeping Perine. Bemoaned having Trenton Irwin as our 4th receiver. Bemoaned Eli Apple. Bemoaned Carman.

The story written on the 2022-23 Bengals will be about the whole roster and the culture.

Nice thread, I will add Logan Wilson who also played pretty damn great yesterday against his fellow Wyomingite.

Bates had a great tackle for loss and will honestly be sad to see him go which I never would of thought I would say.
Reply/Quote
Some of these are sung...

But I'd agree with Scharpling and Jackson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
CTB made a fantastic play knocking the ball away at the last second when the receiver (I think Diggs?) was about to make a big catch late in the game.
He still needs to develop more consistency, but he's coming along nicely for a 2nd round rookie.

Dax Hill made a few nice plays too. Ultimately though, he's best fit at safety. I expect him to take over for Bates next season.

Pratt continues to justify a good payday in a contract year.

Scharping isn't really unexpected. He was decent and had 33 starts before coming to the Bengals. Allowed 3 total pressures, all of which were hurries only.
Adeniji didn't allow a sack or a hit, but he did allow 5 hurries. The total pressures isn't surprising, but it's good the defender didn't get to Burrow.
Carman was probably the biggest surprise of all. 3 total pressures only, no sacks. I thought he and Adeniji were going to have a rough day. Carman displayed that physicality from Clemson that made him a Day 2 pick.

I noticed Tupou and Carter quite a few times too. They only played ~15 snaps each, but they had some moments.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Trayveon Williams with some more great ST's play along with Jalen Davis.

Hinez never got a hole.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: CTB made a fantastic play knocking the ball away at the last second when the receiver (I think Diggs?) was about to make a big catch late in the game.
He still needs to develop more consistency, but he's coming along nicely for a 2nd round rookie.

Dax Hill made a few nice plays too. Ultimately though, he's best fit at safety. I expect him to take over for Bates next season.

Scharping isn't really unexpected. He was decent and had 33 starts before coming to the Bengals. Allowed 3 total pressures, all of which were hurries only.
Adeniji didn't allow a sack or a hit, but he did allow 5 hurries. The total pressures isn't surprising, but it's good the defender didn't get to Burrow.
Carman was probably the biggest surprise of all. 3 total pressures only, no sacks. I thought he and Adeniji were going to have a rough day. Carman displayed that physicality from Clemson that made him a Day 2 pick.

I noticed Tupou and Carter quite a few times too. They only played ~15 snaps each, but they had some moments.

Sure didn't like that early moment when the Alien carried both those guys 5 yards and nearly for the TD....
Reply/Quote
I'd consider Mitch Wilcox an unsung hero. He's stepped up this year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Trent Taylor and his sure hands on Punt Returns...
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow’s jock strap. That thing must be under more strain than any man on the field. Still holding on. Can’t ask for more.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Maybe not unsung here, but Mike Hilton is maybe the most underrated CB in the NFL. That dude is excellent in coverage and pressuring the QB. Great leader too. He should get more league-wide recognition.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:00 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Maybe not unsung here, but Mike Hilton is maybe the most underrated CB in the NFL. That dude is excellent in coverage and pressuring the QB. Great leader too. He should get more league-wide recognition.

Heard someone proclaiming Taron Johnson to be the best Slot Corner in the NFL in this game. Damn fine player, but Mike Hilton is 
the best Slot Corner in the NFL IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:00 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Maybe not unsung here, but Mike Hilton is maybe the most underrated CB in the NFL. That dude is excellent in coverage and pressuring the QB. Great leader too. He should get more league-wide recognition.

I totally agree, he has made so many keys plays especially in single situations on tackles, sacks etc
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: CTB made a fantastic play knocking the ball away at the last second when the receiver (I think Diggs?) was about to make a big catch late in the game.

Gabe Davis
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Gabe Davis

And Mafioso the Bills fan that has been on here would call that a drop by Gabe.

People need to give credit where it is due. Our secondary played great in this game especially in the conditions.

CTB was an excellent pick and Dax showed some good stuff finally getting some snaps in Flowers absence.
Reply/Quote
ted Karras played thru his injury... If he had left the OL it might have all fell apart.
Jackson Had a great game (Whole OL played great)

CTB has been getting better and better each game

BJ Hill and his big Hands swatting down balls
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And Mafioso the Bills fan that has been on here would call that a drop by Gabe.

People need to give credit where it is due. Our secondary played great in this game especially in the conditions.

CTB was an excellent pick and Dax showed some good stuff finally getting some snaps in Flowers absence.

It was actually a little bit of both. If Davis would have caught that more cleanly, CTB may not have been able to knock it away, but if CTB wasn’t there to knock it away, Davis would most likely end up making that catch, even if it were sloppy looking.

Maybe not though. Gave Davis has had a rough time with dropping cleanly thrown balls.
LFG  

Reply/Quote

Yep, CTB has shown lots of promise. He sure seems to be a DB that could develop into a good one.

Mike Hilton doesn't get enough praise from us. He's a giant part of our D.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And Mafioso the Bills fan that has been on here would call that a drop by Gabe.

Sounds like he was listening to Romo...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote