Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-5 86.9 when does the plug get pulled ?
Andy isn’t the answer at all. But I’ve been saying that since 2011. Beating the dead horse at this rate. Seems people want him as their QB forever and I’ll never understand why, he’s never done anything to prove himself. He chokes in prime time so much. All those years bengals were suppose to beat the Texans in playoffs and Andy kept blowing it.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 10:22 AM)Clappington Wrote: Andy isn’t the answer at all. But I’ve been saying that since 2011.

Really?

In 2011 you were calling for Andy to be replaced?

(10-09-2019, 10:22 AM)Clappington Wrote:  All those years bengals were suppose to beat the Texans in playoffs and Andy kept blowing it.

Which years are you talking about.

Bengals were substantial underdogs playing on the road in both '11 and '12 playoff games.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When Dalton threw 4 tds in the first half of a prime time game against the #1 defense in the league you said it was not impressive because what really matters is performance in 4th quarter under pressure, but when Dalton goes 13-14 for 157 yards and two tds in the fourth quarter to bring his team back from 14 points down you said it was not impressive because he had played poorly earlier in the game.

It's too bad rfaulk didn't read this post. I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally would like to see his response to this part.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 01:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's too bad rfaulk didn't read this post. I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally would like to see his response to this part.

I read it and decided not to reply because it was full of incorrect accusations. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 01:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I read it and decided not to reply because it was full of incorrect accusations. 

Not the part I quoted.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not the part I quoted.

The first half of it is wrong because i never said it wasn't impressive. It didn't fit the question i had asked. 

The second half, i just gave it a big ole whoopdedoo because i was at the game and he didn't look good up till those last 2 drives. And those drives didn't produce a win. 

As i've said millions of times. He does juuuuuust enough to get there but can't get over. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 05:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The first half of it is wrong because i never said it wasn't impressive. It didn't fit the question i had asked. 

The second half, i just gave it a big ole whoopdedoo because i was at the game and he didn't look good up till those last 2 drives. And those drives didn't produce a win. 

As i've said millions of times. He does juuuuuust enough to get there but can't get over. 

Exactly, put on your big boy pads and go play linebacker Andy!

FWIW I agree wholeheartedly with you rfaulk, just trying to imagine Andy doing everything he can to get the win, including playing defense and making clutch XP kicks.
Reply/Quote
Can we try someone who is mobile? How are we fielding a non mobile QB behind this line? I was surprised that Andy had the 2nd most rushing yards of any QB in the past X years, did anyone else hear that stat?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can we try someone who is mobile? How are we fielding a non mobile QB behind this line? I was surprised that Andy had the 2nd most rushing yards of any QB in the past X years, did anyone else hear that stat?

Since 2011 he's 14th in rushing yards
Since 2012 he's 14th
Since 2013 he's 14th
Since 2014 he's 17th
Since 2015 he's 19th
Since 2016 he's 22nd
Since 2017 he's 25th
Since 2018 he's not on the list since he doesn't qualify @200yards.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can we try someone who is mobile? How are we fielding a non mobile QB behind this line? I was surprised that Andy had the 2nd most rushing yards of any QB in the past X years, did anyone else hear that stat?

We did, Jeff Driskel was awful..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Andy Dalton in his 9th season has a QB rating of 86.9 and the Bengals are 0-5.

Among QB's with 100+ pass attempts there is a grand total of 6 QB's with lower ratings. Two are rookies - D. Jones 85.4 and K. Murray 80.1 Two are 2nd year - B. Mayfield 77.2 and J. Allen 75.2 Trubisky in his 3rd season is 81.0 and Goff in his 4th is 83.0

So there's a total of two QB's past their 2nd season with a worse QB rating than are experienced veteran in his 9th season.

I know, I know everybody is gonna come on here and talk about the horrible Oline, AJ being out, lack of running game, dropped passes, the bad defense, the coaching, the playcalling, and on and on and on.

Yet every weekend I watch other football games with QB's under just as much pressure as AD still getting the job done, or at least putting up a much better effort. BTW Dalton had a lot of clean pockets in the Arizona game.

It'a absolutely true AD is not the only problem on this team, there's no doubt. But when is this fanbase going to admit in the same breath that AD is not part of the solution either ?

AT 0-5 our chances of making the playoffs are like .00000001% pull the damn plug already and let's see what we have in the backups. It's obvious AD is not part of the answer going forward.

Dalton is an average Joe. He'll never be able to lift the team on his own and most realistic fans understand that about him.

But behind this awful line a good QB will look average. An average QB, like Andy, won't look good.

There will need to be a new QB at some point, hopefully the line will be fixed by then. But waiting on Mike Brown and Co to actually do something effective and might take several years. If ever this team needed to look at free agency as a friend, now would be the time.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Andy Dalton in his 9th season has a QB rating of 86.9 and the Bengals are 0-5.

Among QB's with 100+ pass attempts there is a grand total of 6 QB's with lower ratings. Two are rookies - D. Jones 85.4 and K. Murray 80.1 Two are 2nd year - B. Mayfield 77.2 and J. Allen 75.2 Trubisky in his 3rd season is 81.0 and Goff in his 4th is 83.0

So there's a total of two QB's past their 2nd season with a worse QB rating than are experienced veteran in his 9th season.

I know, I know everybody is gonna come on here and talk about the horrible Oline, AJ being out, lack of running game, dropped passes, the bad defense, the coaching, the playcalling, and on and on and on.

Yet every weekend I watch other football games with QB's under just as much pressure as AD still getting the job done, or at least putting up a much better effort. BTW Dalton had a lot of clean pockets in the Arizona game.

It'a absolutely true AD is not the only problem on this team, there's no doubt. But when is this fanbase going to admit in the same breath that AD is not part of the solution either ?

AT 0-5 our chances of making the playoffs are like .00000001% pull the damn plug already and let's see what we have in the backups. It's obvious AD is not part of the answer going forward.

Andy Dalton current play reminds me of how Palmer was before the Bengals drafted Andy. That year Palmer didn't trust his OL and it ended up with him holding out and eventually being traded. The Bengals ended up drafting and Dalton and all was good with the Bengals after that for five years and since the team started losing in 2016 things have gone from good to where they are now. 

I can understand where Dalton is coming from the mental aspect of the game. I believe it is the responsibility of the QB coach and the OC to help Dalton get over this hump. I don't see Van Pelt or Callahan making this happen and it is why I feel the rest of this year the QB play will continue to be below average. 

If the Bengals want to win they need to help Dalton get past his mental block that is impeding this team from winning games. And if the team isn't able to help Dalton it is time to bench him and let someone else play to get needed reps to see what the team has for next year to determine if the team needs to use a high pick on a new QB. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 10:53 AM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Andy Dalton current play reminds me of how Palmer was before the Bengals drafted Andy. That year Palmer didn't trust his OL and it ended up with him holding out and eventually being traded. The Bengals ended up drafting and Dalton and all was good with the Bengals after that for five years and since the team started losing in 2016 things have gone from good to where they are now. 

I can understand where Dalton is coming from the mental aspect of the game. I believe it is the responsibility of the QB coach and the OC to help Dalton get over this hump. I don't see Van Pelt or Callahan making this happen and it is why I feel the rest of this year the QB play will continue to be below average. 

If the Bengals want to win they need to help Dalton get past his mental block that is impeding this team from winning games. And if the team isn't able to help Dalton it is time to bench him and let someone else play to get needed reps to see what the team has for next year to determine if the team needs to use a high pick on a new QB. 

It's mostly conjecture as to why Palmer wanted out, but I think it was a combination of him seeing aspects of the team deteriorating, but more importantly that Mike Brown wasn't too interested in taking an active hand in fixing things.  We are seeing that sort of thing now where things get bad and the front office seems content to just shrug and say "Well, next year we will have better luck and things will work out."  

We are taking a win-now approach before, during, and maybe even after what is shaping up to be our worst season in a long time. That's what sort of irks me. Even in 2010 we were at one brief point a 2-1 team that had some sort of potential...right? Starting 0-5 and looking like it could get worse is straight out of the 90s.

And this will sound like more Palmer vs Dalton debate, but the timing of Palmer wanting out was more advantageous for him as more teams were looking for a plug-in QB and he had 1st overall pick luster still clinging on to him.  Even if Dalton wanted out right now I can't see many teams looking to replace their starters with him since the shakiest QBs like Winston, Mariotta, Carr, and anyone suiting up for the Redskins since Gruden is out seem to have settled.

Dalton looks frustrated as hell, but he has way more of a personality and reason to not rock the proverbial boat here, so I can just see them rolling with him and him rolling with the Bengals until every drop of hope is gone.  Dalton is taking over the void of long-term "meh" that Marvin took with him when he left.
Reply/Quote
Watching a drive driven by WRs making athletic catches. All of a sudden, Dalton attempts a pass to a WELL COVERED receiver that is deflected and intercepted. Dalton obviously knew where he was going to throw it....... REGARDLESS OF COVERAGE. Not good.
Reply/Quote
Probably bought himself another start with a late drive that was as usual, too little too late.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 03:27 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Watching a drive driven by WRs making athletic catches. All of a sudden, Dalton attempts a pass to a WELL COVERED receiver that is deflected and intercepted. Dalton obviously knew where he was going to throw it....... REGARDLESS OF COVERAGE. Not good.

OL made him throw it there. duh
Reply/Quote