Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Up&Adams
(02-02-2023, 01:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, they didn't lose because of officiating, but it certainly didn't make things any easier. 

They had a couple opportunities to take the lead in the 4th and just couldn't get it done. They came up short at the end of the day, but beating a team like the Chiefs 4 times in a row, and twice in a row in their house in the AFCCG is a tough task. I personally think the Bengals are every bit as good as the Chiefs. When you have 2 great teams going against other so often (4 times in just over a year)...you're not going to win them all. 

Everything they do this offseason needs to be geared towards getting the #1 seed next season. 

All the more reason not to make it harder on yourself.

And guess what.  We're scheduled to play the Chiefs in "Burrowhead" for the next two years.  Possibly three if we land in the same division slots in 2024.  The only way we'll get them at home before 2026 is if we have a higher seed and meet them in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 03:17 PM)Roland Wrote: All the more reason not to make it harder on yourself.

And guess what.  We're scheduled to play the Chiefs in "Burrowhead" for the next two years.  Possibly three if we land in the same division slots in 2024.  The only way we'll get them at home before 2026 is if we have a higher seed and meet them in the playoffs.

We can beat the Chiefs in KC if we become serious about our oline.   Chiefs and Eagles each have the best oline in their conference, we need to be Top 5 and if we are, there isn't a team we couldn't beat.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 03:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We can beat the Chiefs in KC if we become serious about our oline.   Chiefs and Eagles each have the best oline in their conference, we need to be Top 5 and if we are, there isn't a team we couldn't beat.

1,000% agree

We're already a top team. Only thing holding us back from the big prize is our Oline. We simply have to upgrade there. I'm not at all confident with our OT's. And we have to have better depth all the way around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 03:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 1,000% agree

We're already a top team. Only thing holding us back from the big prize is our Oline. We simply have to upgrade there. I'm not at all confident with our OT's. And we have to have better depth all the way around.

IMHO, we must draft a RT very high.  I don't see us signing another FA with LC in limbo.  Jonah or Carmen can man LT this coming season (hopefully) but if Carmen isn't very good we must be ready to make LT the #1 priority next season.  We must draft or sign an IOL - preferably a guy that can snap and play guard.  We have no back up guards and Hill is not a good center.

I dont care if we reach for a RT as long as we get someone that can hold it down for a decade.
I'd like to see a quality CB.
Edge with potential would be great.
Safety could become a major priority if we don't sign Bell, the same with Hurst at TE.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 02:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've never seen a team get dragged so hard for not making consecutive Super Bowls haha. How could people possibly be labeling the Bengals, Super Bowl 1 year, AFCCG the next and almost winning it, as anything other than a team of winners?

Blows my mind.

There are two camps:  One has many long-term fans that finally are seeing their dream and there are a whole new group of fans falling in love with this team that love to watch them have fun and, I mean, how can you not love Joe Burrow (I guess if you root for another AFC North team, you will hate him)?

The other camp are the ones that STILL call them Bungles.  A LOT of media and NFL old ass cronies live in this camp.  Still bitter that the Bengals didn't contribute as much to the "kitty" as other teams because of their poor performances during the 90s.  They obviously have no clue how much the team's founder meant to the NFL and the game it is today.  

The second camp is so irate seeing the Bengals winning.  The fact that they are so well set up for the future.  Good.  Suck it.  
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 03:17 PM)Roland Wrote: All the more reason not to make it harder on yourself.

And guess what.  We're scheduled to play the Chiefs in "Burrowhead" for the next two years. 
Possibly three if we land in the same division slots in 2024.  The only way we'll get them at home before 2026 is if we have a higher seed and meet them in the playoffs.

How the $^#% does that happen if not on purpose? If we play them twice, it seems to me it ought to be once at each place. Oh well, we should just go in there and beat them so much in their own home they don't want us there anymore. 

In the end, we just ran out of linemen. Like has been said, going into the game with a rookie left guard and 3 backups on the line is just not a winning recipe when you're facing a DPOY candidate at pass rusher. And we still took them down to a last second field goal to win. 

Burrow will be back with a fire I suspect. If he could possibly get in a normal camp and pre-season, #1 seed is ours to take. And while of course I wish we were going to the big game again this year, part of me is glad we are not. I don't think with the current state of the line, we could beat Philly and Joe may very well get hurt. I we had the line we had last month, I think we beat Philly handily, but not with this one. 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 03:55 AM)Roland Wrote: Kay's followup.   We felt the feels and now it's time to turn the page.  Take your label maker and shove it!

Alright, just watched it and she is spot on as usual. Thanks for posting Roland. Our window is as long as Joe Brrr is here no doubt 
about it. I feel better about our team than anybody, so no whining from me. Love this Defense and still think this Offense with a top
5 OL with Burrow could be by far better than any team in the NFL. Just need to go over the top once again. Need to not rely on La'el
coming back 100%, as we saw with Hopkins who wasn't good to go until the Playoffs last year.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How the $^#% does that happen if not on purpose? If we play them twice, it seems to me it ought to be once at each place. Oh well, we should just go in there and beat them so much in their own home they don't want us there anymore. 

In the end, we just ran out of linemen. Like has been said, going into the game with a rookie left guard and 3 backups on the line is just not a winning recipe when you're facing a DPOY candidate at pass rusher. And we still took them down to a last second field goal to win. 

Burrow will be back with a fire I suspect. If he could possibly get in a normal camp and pre-season, #1 seed is ours to take. And while of course I wish we were going to the big game again this year, part of me is glad we are not. I don't think with the current state of the line, we could beat Philly and Joe may very well get hurt. I we had the line we had last month, I think we beat Philly handily, but not with this one. 

To be fair, the Chiefs have played at Cincinnati each of the past two seasons.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 10:08 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: To be fair, the Chiefs have played at Cincinnati each of the past two seasons.

Bengals are slated to travel to KC the next two years. Then there's an AFCW opponent TBD away in '25 and an AFCW opponent TBD at home in '26. Add in playoffs and we could be seeing that team a LOT. Meanwhile, we're only scheduled to see the Bills twice in the next 3 years, then an AFCE opponent TBD on the road in '26. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote