Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up Next - San Francisco 49ers
The 49ers are coming off of a 31-17 win against Tampa Bay.

Offensively, they struggled: Garoppolo was 18/27 for 166 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. They seemed to have a rushing-by-committee approach, ultimately tallying 98 yards on 32 carries. George Kittle (?) was their leading receiver, with 8 catches on 10 targets for 54 yards. A quick look at the box score shows that they don't have a lot of big name players.

Defensively they created 4 turnovers - 3 INTs and 1 fumble recovery - despite being historically bad at takeaways last season (only 7 all year). They held Jameis Winston in check (big whoop) but did allow 121 rushing yards on 26 carries. They did turn two of the INTs into return TDs, and they had 3 sacks on the day.

Robbie Gould is their kicker and went 3/4 on the day.
Reply/Quote
Winston is a damn turnover machine lol

If we play like we did today we should take care of business and get Taylor his first win in our home opener.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Winston is a damn turnover machine lol

If we play like we did today we should take care of business and get Taylor his first win in our home opener.

I like our chances as well and it seems like a good chance to get the running game going. Garoppolo and this offense doesn't scare me.
Reply/Quote
Good game. Could go either way.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'll be at this game. It's one I think they have to win if they hope for the season to amount to anything but a moral victory. SF is no juggernaut in any phase, but they aren't quite trash, either. You have to win this game in your house.

Take care of next week and Buffalo the week after, then start getting a bit excited to go up against Pittsburgh on the 30th. These all look like games that should be winnable.
Reply/Quote
Garoppolo needs the middle of the field to be relatively open in order to function.  If the LBs and crew can keep the middle covered, he'll struggle.  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:39 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I like our chances as well and it seems like a good chance to get the running game going. Garoppolo and this offense doesn't scare me.

Hopefully, with a new coach, the stadium seats that were previously covered with air will be covered with butts. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Winston is a damn turnover machine lol

Agreed. If we get the same effort out of the defense as we did today I think we win. Will be interesting to see if Mixon is good to go because that could change things. 
Reply/Quote
If we pressure Garappolo like we did Russel the SF offense will be in for a long day in Cincy. We got up for the game in Seattle. I expect we will really get up for the home opener and play aggressive football. If we can get Mixon going, combined with our passing game we are going to be a nightmare for teams to stop. We may even see the 12th man out there Sunday. I think Bengaland is waking up.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:34 AM)NKURyan Wrote: The 49ers are coming off of a 31-17 win against Tampa Bay.

Offensively, they struggled: Garoppolo was 18/27 for 166 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. They seemed to have a rushing-by-committee approach, ultimately tallying 98 yards on 32 carries. George Kittle (?) was their leading receiver, with 8 catches on 10 targets for 54 yards. A quick look at the box score shows that they don't have a lot of big name players.

Defensively they created 4 turnovers - 3 INTs and 1 fumble recovery - despite being historically bad at takeaways last season (only 7 all year). They held Jameis Winston in check (big whoop) but did allow 121 rushing yards on 26 carries. They did turn two of the INTs into return TDs, and they had 3 sacks on the day.

I'm sending Jimmy G some depends....When he watches what this defense did to Wilson, he is going to poop his pants.  

And don't credit their defense too much, a horrible Bengals defense got 4 picks from infamous jamies a couple years ago...
Reply/Quote
Gonna be a close game if we can run the ball better I think we can win. People were worried about the Seahawks D-line but the 49ers have Bucker ,Bosa and Dee Ford off the edge. Kittle will be a big test for our linebackers in coverage.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals will change the offensive scheme for the 49ers. Look for the offense to make more rushing attempts this game and hit the deep fly routes. Screens will kill the 49ers if Dalton can find throwing lanes properly.

I would not be surprised if the Bengals defense hold 49ers to under 200 total yards.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'm interested to see what we're gonna do to stuff Clown Sherman? The dude is a tool, but I can't deny he's a good football player. I wanna see what we do for him.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:34 AM)NKURyan Wrote: The 49ers are coming off of a 31-17 win against Tampa Bay.

Kittle is one hell of a TE. The most underrated TE in the league IMO.

Cover this dude, shut down the run. Take care of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hopefully, with a new coach, the stadium seats that were previously covered with air will be covered with butts. 

Sadly they won't be.

I mean I'll be there, but then again I'm there for December games in the freezing cold against the Detroit Lions so what do I know.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 10:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kittle is one hell of a TE. The most underrated TE in the league IMO.

Cover this dude, shut down the run. Take care of the ball.

Can't say I've watched a lot of the 49ers over the last few years, lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:47 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Sadly they won't be.

I mean I'll be there, but then again I'm there for December games in the freezing cold against the Detroit Lions so what do I know.  Tongue

New coach may trigger an interest in some that had quit going. It'll be interesting to see. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019090811/2019/REG1/49ers@buccaneers?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019090811

If you watch the highlights, you'll see that Winston gifted them 2 TDs. San Frans offense didn't look so good either.

We've got a good chance, but it could be a trap game. Hopefully team takes this seriously and puts a whoopin on em.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 09:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm sending Jimmy G some depends....When he watches what this defense did to Wilson, he is going to poop his pants.  

And don't credit their defense too much, a horrible Bengals defense got 4 picks from infamous jamies a couple years ago...

Last year Wink

(09-09-2019, 09:32 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Gonna be a close game if we can run the ball better I think we can win. People were worried about the Seahawks D-line but the 49ers have Bucker ,Bosa and Dee Ford off the edge. Kittle will be a big test for our linebackers in coverage.

Buckner and he's a DT.

Their rushers are Ford and Bosa, with Armstead coming in every 4th or 5th play (normally plays DT next to Buckner).

If you run to Bosa's side, it will help offset his pass rush and help with our success running, as I don't feel he's a stud in the run game yet (but he will be).

(09-10-2019, 11:47 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Sadly they won't be.

Hey, that was a great game! Burfict's last, truly good game with us.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 09:13 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If you run to Bosa's side, it will help offset his pass rush and help with our success running, as I don't feel he's a stud in the run game yet (but he will be).

Agree

Run right at him early and keep it up often. Run a draw his way, couple screens to his side. Don't let him get comfortable teeing off on the blitz
Reply/Quote