Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up Next - San Francisco 49ers
(09-13-2019, 08:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Uhm. Do you mean "make the playoffs"? That seems like an awful low number of teams to miss the playoffs after starting 0-2

Correct!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 08:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 12% of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs. We Must Win.

I think this has become a little overstated TBH. Last year two playoff teams started 0-2, for example. I think now that so many teams take the preseason off and struggle the first few week it will become more and more likely too.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 12:33 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019090811/2019/REG1/49ers@buccaneers?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019090811

If you watch the highlights, you'll see that Winston gifted them 2 TDs. San Frans offense didn't look so good either.

We've got a good chance, but it could be a trap game. Hopefully team takes this seriously and puts a whoopin on em.

ZT wants that first win as a head coach, he is 0-1

The Bengals will come out playin like their hair is on fire

SF QB is struggling trying to recover from an injury

Contain Kittle, stuff the run and get after Gar drop a load

Zach's offense will take care of the rest
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2019, 06:58 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Expect conditioning to come into play as it's going to be a hot one on Sunday. Look for our defensive line rotation to potentially take over the game late.

From the 49ers beat reporter.  It was 85 in Youngstown yesterday.  Forecast for Sunday is high of 85 with scattered t-storms so humidity will be high

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Kittle will be a big test.

Tevin Coleman is out so their running game should be limited.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 09:44 PM)Adamantium Wrote: He took a consistently shit team and made them great. And then their owner, instead of giving him a raise and an extension after their SB (even though they lost), turned against him and sunk everything good they had going. What an idiot. 

It gives me hope (that not all owners are completely re tarded) that the Rams owner gave McVay an extension and raise after their SB defeat. Jed York is a compete fool. Sometimes I wonder if he's worse than Mike Brown. 

Wow. That was a rather revisionist version of what happened. LOL.

Harbaugh had just as much if not more to do with his removal than York. The dude had pissed off just about everyone in the building. It wasn't about the money. That should be evidenced by the fact that York was paying Kelly and Tomsula at the same time when they hired Shanahan...IE he was paying THREE coaches at the same time, two to NOT coach the team. Then he gave Shanahan and Lynch 6 year contracts.

The point was that it was never a money issue. It was a personality issue. It was a respect issue. Harbaugh representation kept floating rumors that he wanted the Browns job.

You can argue whether it was a good decision to let him go (it wasn't), but it was NEVER about money. It was a personality clash between the GM and the coach, and York chose the wrong one to keep.

Also worth noting that he inherited a team that had sucked as you say, but had drafted very well so had a TON of talent, particularly on defense. His departure then came at the same time as massive departures of their core of players (Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Anthony Davis, Frank Gore, Aldon Smith, etc, etc).

York can be blamed for quite a bit, but money ain't one of them.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 03:20 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not sure why you guys are making a big deal.

Zach played SF 2 times a year for the last couple of years, so I'm sure he has an idea how SF works, and McVay can always give him some tips. Nothing like a double win, helping a friend who's a new coach to beat your division rivals.

SF Defense didn't look so good. Winston is just that bad. Seattle's Def is much better.

I'm not quite sure why, but this post is kinda funny to me. Tongue

Its not just you mind you, but people forget that McVay was a student of Shanahan. The Rams and 49ers run a very similar offense.

The 49er defense see's something very similar to what the Bengals will present every single day in practice. Of course, the flip side of that argument is also true.

The difference between the Rams and the Niners these past few years isn't coaching. Its Talent.

The Rams tho have not faced this version of the 49ers. Bosa and Ford have made a HUGE difference, or at least they did in week 1.

I'm not making predictions and its entirely possible the Bengals win handily, but methinks some of you guys are taking the 49ers a bit lightly.  :)

As for Seattles Defense being "much better"? M'Kay. We'll see.  :)  For the record, Seattle finished 16th last year and the 49ers finished 13th. In addition, the 49ers added Bosa and Ford to address their biggest weakness while Seattle lost Frank Clark and replaced him with Clowney who had been in camp for about 4 days.

The Legion of Boom is gone. Bennet is gone. Avril is gone. Seattle isn't the same team on D. I will give you guys a lot of credit though for playing well IN Seattle. That place can be a house of horrors.
Reply/Quote
We’re gonna be 3 and 2 going into the Ravens game

AJ green should be back for this game against Baltimore.

That’s gonna be the season defining game.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 12:42 PM)Marvin49 Wrote: Wow. That was a rather revisionist version of what happened. LOL.

Harbaugh had just as much if not more to do with his removal than York. The dude had pissed off just about everyone in the building. It wasn't about the money. That should be evidenced by the fact that York was paying Kelly and Tomsula at the same time when they hired Shanahan...IE he was paying THREE coaches at the same time, two to NOT coach the team. Then he gave Shanahan and Lynch 6 year contracts.

The point was that it was never a money issue. It was a personality issue. It was a respect issue. Harbaugh representation kept floating rumors that he wanted the Browns job.

You can argue whether it was a good decision to let him go (it wasn't), but it was NEVER about money. It was a personality clash between the GM and the coach, and York chose the wrong one to keep.

Also worth noting that he inherited a team that had sucked as you say, but had drafted very well so had a TON of talent, particularly on defense. His departure then came at the same time as massive departures of their core of players (Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Anthony Davis, Frank Gore, Aldon Smith, etc, etc).

York can be blamed for quite a bit, but money ain't one of them.

Yes, the same team that Singletary coached to 6-10, Harbaugh took to 13-3. The talent was there but the leadership was not. Harbaugh brought it all together.

And yes, money was in fact an issue. Perhaps not the issue, but it was a point of contention. Harbs wanted a raise and York refused. This is fact. Look it up. 

As for the personality thing, who gives a shit. When you have a coach like that that takes your mediocre team to three straight NFC Championships and one Super Bowl, you do whatever you have to to make and keep him happy. Rubbing people the wrong way....so what. York stuck with the people who didn't cause a fuss and look what that got them. Back to being a bottom feeder franchise. 
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 02:45 PM)WhoDeyDelight Wrote: We’re gonna be 4 and 1 going into the Ravens game

AJ green should be back for this game against Baltimore.

That’s gonna be the season defining game.

FIFY
Reply/Quote
We should beat the 49ers and Bills...but we're an underdog to the 49ers. I guarantee you both teams fanbase has us marked down as a Win on their projections too.

THESE are the exactly types of games that we need to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 08:49 PM)Adamantium Wrote: Yes, the same team that Singletary coached to 6-10, Harbaugh took to 13-3. The talent was there but the leadership was not. Harbaugh brought it all together.

And yes, money was in fact an issue. Perhaps not the issue, but it was a point of contention. Harbs wanted a raise and York refused. This is fact. Look it up. 

As for the personality thing, who gives a shit. When you have a coach like that that takes your mediocre team to three straight NFC Championships and one Super Bowl, you do whatever you have to to make and keep him happy. Rubbing people the wrong way....so what. York stuck with the people who didn't cause a fuss and look what that got them. Back to being a bottom feeder franchise. 

1) and Nolan sucked as a coach as well. No argument that Harbaugh brought it all together.

2) I won't ague that Money was no issue at all, but it was not what caused the problem. Harbaugh still had a year on his contract, so its not like York HAD to do anything RE extension. Harbaugh has a tendancy not to last too long anywhere he goes. He wears out his welcome. Don't be surprised if he leaves Michigan soon as well. Seems 5-6 years is the point where people have enough. Point being, the reason he wasn't getting an extension wasn't because they lost the SB as you suggest. Its because their was a ton of friction in the building. York gets accused of being cheap, but the dude pays for coaches. In fact for awhile there he was paying for three of them. LOL. If it was about money, this team would still have Tomsula or Kelly as HC (and BTW, those were Baalke choices). I don't need to "look it up". LOL. I was there. I lived through watching the team that went to 3 straight NFC Championships implode.

3) I agree with you RE personality. I don't think he ever should have left. They should have found a way to make it work and they should have gotten rid of Baalke. Problem is that Harbaugh was so disrespectful of ownership (and there are several stories on this one) that York was kinda boxed in. York had to separate the GM and the HC. This is why Lynch and Shanahan are on matching 6 year contracts. It was paramount to York that those 2 guys be on the same page after what he went through with Harbaugh/Baalke.

As for bottom feeder, Yes, losing Harbaugh had something to do with that, but so did losing a HUGE chunk of the talent that made them that good in a single off-season. It was uncanny. Never seen anything like it. THREE players retired...in their TWENTIES. Aldon went nuts. Justin Smith Retired.

All of that, and they were only 8-8 in Harbaughs final year to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 01:06 PM)Marvin49 Wrote: As for Seattles Defense being "much better"? M'Kay. We'll see.  :)  For the record, Seattle finished 16th last year and the 49ers finished 13th. In addition, the 49ers added Bosa and Ford to address their biggest weakness while Seattle lost Frank Clark and replaced him with Clowney who had been in camp for about 4 days.

Seattle had the better defense than the Niners in 2018 hands down.

The Niners were 13th in total yards and yards per game and the Seahawks were 16th the difference between the two was slight over a hundred yards total and 7 more yards per game. When we look at points the Seahawks were 11th per game allowing 21 and 347 on the year the Niners were 28th allowing 27 per game and 435. So the Niners game up almost a hundred more points on less yards than the Seahawks. Ok now we look at turnovers Seattle had 26 turnovers which again was ranked 11th now the Niners had 7 which was ranked dead last at 32nd.

Of course like you mentioned the Niners did bring in some new edge rushers which will help alot in all the categories and they did make Winston looks bad in week 1...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
So....yeah. Wow.

I did think you guys were underestimating SF, but I never saw THAT coming.

Keep yer chins up. Sometimes it’s just like a wave. Bad stuff starts happening and you just can’t stop it. My guess is that you guys more closely resemble the team you saw in week 1 than in week 2. Shanahan can do that. He finds holes and exposes them. Not every OC will do that.

Good luck the rest of the way fellas. At least the Steelers lost. ;-)
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:21 PM)Marvin49 Wrote: So....yeah. Wow.

I did think you guys were underestimating SF, but I never saw THAT coming.

Keep yer chins up. Sometimes it’s just like a wave. Bad stuff starts happening and you just can’t stop it. My guess is that you guys more closely resemble the team you saw in week 1 than in week 2. Shanahan can do that. He finds holes and exposes them. Not every OC will do that.

Good luck the rest of the way fellas. At least the Steelers lost. ;-)

Not every OC will expose the holes in Sweet Lou's system?  Oh, how I'd like to believe that one.
Reply/Quote