Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming FAs - who do you want?
(03-09-2023, 01:26 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Malik claimed he could see us signing Mike Geisicki for a one year prove it deal this offseason. Don't know if you constitute a "big" signing but it's at least a big name signing.

I wouldn't consider it a big signing, but it'd be a good one. A saturated TE market with a deep draft class will drive their prices down for the most part this year. I imagine Geisicki would take a 1 year deal in hopes of cashing in big next year.

Also, we could have Chase give him proper Griddy lessons to fix his horrendous version. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Josh Oliver TE BAL: 3rd TE behind Andrews and Likely. PFF 71.5. Tape shows excellent blocker and decent hands. There will be plenty of snaps to go around as Bengals starting TEs never seem to stay healthy and Hurst, even if re-signed, will be 30.

If we can't get Bell to come back, I'd like to see Julian Love S NYG. He's an up and coming safety who can play both safety positions and is a willing and capable tackler in the box.
Jabril Peppers S NE. He sort of a jack of all trades who isn't going to play 100% of snaps, so he's not a direct Bell replacement. OTOH, he can play several positions well in the secondary and is valuable on special teams. He only made $2M last year.
Reply/Quote
So impending tampering period, my relatively realistic list...

Patrick Peterson, CB ($4m last year)
Bobby Wagner, LB ($7.25mm last year)
Ben Powers, G

Then add some depth guys....
George Fant, OT (swing backup)
D'Ernest Johnson, RB (or) Justice Hill, RB
Scott Miller, WR (and/or) Cam Sims, WR

Re-sign Bell, cut Mixon, draft RT, TE, RB, P, and DL depth.

- - - - - - -

I would have thrown Josh Oliver, TE in there but apparently the word is he's going to be one of those guys who gets a shockingly large payday you wouldn't initially expect.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 12:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So impending tampering period, my relatively realistic list...

Ben Powers, G

- - - - - - -

I would have thrown Josh Oliver, TE in there but apparently the word is he's going to be one of those guys who gets a shockingly large payday you wouldn't initially expect.

Williams, RB sure feels like a strong possibility now.

Give me Scotty Miller, I'm all for MAC players joining the team. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 12:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So impending tampering period, my relatively realistic list...

Ben Powers, G

- - - - - - -

Just seen a little video on Instagram with Petterson talking to Schefter, saying he likes what Cincinnati is doing and would like to play here
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like the sound of Jamaal Williams and Melvin Ingram.
Reply/Quote
Ben Powers got a whole lot more than I thought he would.

Broncos sign Ben Powers AND Mike McGlinchey early. They clearly had a plan heading into today.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 02:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ben Powers got a whole lot more than I thought he would.

Broncos sign Ben Powers AND Mike McGlinchey early. They clearly had a plan heading into today.

Sean Peyton ain't no fool. Starts right in the trenches.
Reply/Quote