Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on John Ross Returning a Comp Pick
(01-28-2022, 04:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not sure, but when you look at the quality of guys we brought in, it makes getting a high comp pick much less likely.  Also, there are only so many comp picks so we may get pushed to the back of the line on some of these guys.

I would only consider a 3rd rounder as a "high" comp pick. Any of the comp picks on Day 3 are basically depth replacements.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would only consider a 3rd rounder as a "high" comp pick. Any of the comp picks on Day 3 are basically depth replacements.

4th rounder is the useful cutoff for me.

All these "gurus" say that you build your team on day 3, but I don't buy that.

Any team that kills round 1-3 is going to be a perennial playoff team.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 06:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 4th rounder is the useful cutoff for me.

All these "gurus" say that you build your team on day 3, but I don't buy that.

Any team that kills round 1-3 is going to be a perennial playoff team.

I'm the exact same way.
Aim for immediate contributors in Rds 1 and 2.
Guys to groom for about a year or two but expect to hopefully start after  that in Rds 3-4.
Rd 5-7 is completely depth. If you can get an eventual starter, great.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 06:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm the exact same way.
Aim for immediate contributors in Rds 1 and 2.
Guys to groom for about a year or two but expect to hopefully start after  that in Rds 3-4.
Rd 5-7 is completely depth. If you can get an eventual starter, great.

I think 6-7 are the rounds you try to pick a player with big upside but has had some injury issues or maybe a guy who’s been in trouble with the law assuming you’ve done enough research that he probably won’t have those troubles again, or maybe a division 2 guy.

Markus Bailey comes to mind.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 06:53 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I think 6-7 are the rounds you try to pick a player with big upside but has had some injury issues or maybe a guy who’s been in trouble with the law assuming you’ve done enough research that he probably won’t have those troubles again, or maybe a division 2 guy.

Or a straight-up special teams guy
Reply/Quote
I am just stunned to find out that Ross is hurt and has been ineffective with the Giants. Getting an 8th round pick for him would be a win.

Anyone know what comp pick the Saints get for Hendrickson? Guess it doesn’t really matter that he played so well this year it’s more about how many players you signed and for how much vs how many you lost and for how much.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 12:54 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I am just stunned to find out that Ross is hurt and has been ineffective with the Giants.  Getting an 8th round pick for him would be a win.

Anyone know what comp pick the Saints get for Hendrickson?  Guess it doesn’t really matter that he played so well this year it’s more about how many players you signed and for how much vs how many you lost and for how much.

4th rounder.

https://overthecap.com/projecting-the-2022-compensatory-picks/

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 06:53 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I think 6-7 are the rounds you try to pick a player with big upside but has had some injury issues or maybe a guy who’s been in trouble with the law assuming you’ve done enough research that he probably won’t have those troubles again, or maybe a division 2 guy.

Yea you can, or get a guy just for ST.
My point was you shouldn't plan or expect to get a starter that late in the draft.
If a guy turns into a solid starter or better, that's great.
But that's far more of an exception late in the draft.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote