Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you rather?
Have Jeff Driskel play lights out and become the next Tom Brady only to keep Marvin Lewis as the Coach.

or

Have Jeff Driskel completely shit the bed, get a higher draft pick, and fire Marvin.

I have actually been dwelling on this for days because I love what I see out of Driskel so far, but man o man Marvin needs to be fired.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I would like to see Driskel play well and the defense continue to sink the season the way it has most of the year.  Unless Driskel can put up 35+ or more per game, it isn't going to matter.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Become the next Tom Brady eh?
Does that imply he would bring us 5 Super Bowl’s regardless of Marvin? If so then yes.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:24 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Become the next Tom Brady eh?
Does that imply he would bring us 5 Super Bowl’s regardless of Marvin? If so then yes.

Lol, I meant in terms of his individual talent.  Anyone who thinks Marvin can make it to a Superbowl as a head coach let alone win even once is dreaming.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I want success. If it's under the tenure of Marvin Lewis, so be it. I wouldn't take issue with that, I just don't believe it can happen.

But why would I want Driskel to be awful? That would just be one more hole to fill, and there are enough of those already.
Reply/Quote
I want ML gone so bad I can't stand it, so that above all else.
Reply/Quote
I want Driskel to shit the bed and Marvin/Hue to be our HC for the next decade.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:07 PM)Okeana Wrote: Have Jeff Driskel play lights out and become the next Tom Brady only to keep Marvin Lewis as the Coach.

or

Have Jeff Driskel completely shit the bed, get a higher draft pick, and fire Marvin.

I have actually been dwelling on this for days because I love what I see out of Driskel so far, but man o man Marvin needs to be fired.
First, you have to believe for one second that losing out would even cost Marv his job.  And I don't.  And even if it miraculously did, the only guy who could ever be worse will be taking his job.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:09 PM)McC Wrote: First, you have to believe for one second that losing out would even cost Marv his job.  And I don't.  And even if it miraculously did, the only guy who could ever be worse will be taking his job.

This.  Marv is going nowhere for at least another year.  The old man is not going to make a change.  If he didn't last year there is no way this year when he has a built in excuse (injuries).

And then next year we're going to be sold Huey Lewis for the next 16 years...
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:30 PM)hollodero Wrote: I want success. If it's under the tenure of Marvin Lewis, so be it. I wouldn't take issue with that, I just don't believe it can happen.

But why would I want Driskel to be awful? That would just be one more hole to fill, and there are enough of those already.

I just want a super bowl ring,regardless who is the coach and it does not matter in the least what all of us want,Mr Mike Brown is going to do what he does,Marvin will be here next year and Hue Jackson will be our next HC.Mark it down,folks.And I want Jeff D. to be our starting qb next season.He is a winner if he can stay healthy,and that's a big if.So many of our players are injury prone and I kinda feel like the conditioning coach has to share some of the blame.For whatever reason,no team should have these many injuries and this crap has happened for years and years.Last year we had a ton of injuries ,but this season is off the charts.Yes Marvin needs to go,he has lost his mojo here with the players and they will not play hard enough to finish the season about five hundred.Just a fact,Heres my prediction,they will win this sunday,beat the raiders,and lost the last two on the road,the browns and the steelers are going to kill our bengals.we are not even in the same zone as they are.I believe the Browns are going to challenge the steelers for the AFC NORTH championship.we will finish 3rd next season.We need so many positions filled with top talent and that's not even half of it.Mr Duke Tobin has picked a bunch of losers and it has hurt this team big time.

Fisher is a bust,number 70 is a bust,Bobby Hart is a bust,Hardy Nickerson could not make the Buckeyes roster and it goes on and on.Nick Vigil is and average LB.You feel me,Bengal fans? Hilarious :paul:
Reply/Quote
I want JD to succeed, in no small part because I'll be there to watch the game, but also because A) he's our QB, B) **** Denver, and C) he hasn't yet been Bengalized and overstayed his welcome.

And, though it defies all logic, there's a part of me that believes that maybe, just maybe, this kid has the goods, and he'll lead us to the promised land. Maybe.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I mean, look at Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay if you wanna know what it's like to have an elite QB with mediocre coaching and a front office.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I want Driskel to shit the bed and Marvin/Hue to be our HC for the next decade.

Why stop there?

Double Shit twins fo eva!!

[Image: th?id=OIP.x_sxW9jLjxD92XWta4aIlQHaFj&pid...=213&h=161]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Brady would never be Brady without Belichick. He'd still be a really good QB, but he wouldn't be a 5x SB Champ.

Brees would never be Brees without Payton. He'd not have won his SB ring and hold seemingly all the QB stat records.

- - - - - - -

Even if Driskel turned into one of the best QBs in the NFL, Marvin and Mike would still ruin him. Palmer in '05 and '06 was considered an elite QB. He ended up winning all of 1 postseason game in his career, and had to go to another team to do it.

You have Belichick or Payton draft Palmer and his career looks vastly difference and probably has a lot more in his trophy case.

- - - - - - - -

You will NEVER succeed with a terrible owner and terrible coach. It's not possible. Regardless of how much talent you collect. Just look at the '13 and '15 teams.

I legitimately wouldn't be surprised if Tom Brady would have 0 postseason wins under Lewis if he played his career under him. He'd eventually force his way away from the team after wasting his prime pissing up a rope, just like Palmer.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:07 PM)Okeana Wrote: Have Jeff Driskel play lights out and become the next Tom Brady only to keep Marvin Lewis as the Coach.

or

Funny thing is, Driskel could play like Mahomes has these last several games and Dalton would still be the unchallenged starter next year....because Mike Brown
Reply/Quote