Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Marijuana for Bengals fans
(01-08-2020, 09:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been using liquor but it is time for a change.

Same for me.  I got pancreatitis pretty bad, so I dropped the bottle and picked up the vaporizer and edibles.   I feel much better for it too!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 10:25 PM)jason Wrote: Doesn't have to be mutually exclusive....

The last time I partook, probably 30 + years ago ? I preferred kool-aid and Doritos. So really it's two birds with one stone. I'll be drinking the kool-aid again.

With an occasional snort thrown in. 
Reply/Quote
The condition should be "becoming an ax murderer before, during and after bengals/browns games".. If you have ever snuck out during a game to go to your local movie theater to murder innocent people with an ax then well...you automatically qualify.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 10:32 PM)TheBengals Wrote: Same for me.  I got pancreatitis pretty bad, so I dropped the bottle and picked up the vaporizer and edibles.   I feel much better for it too!

Pancreatitis is rather painful ain't it? I had it years back.. Ya know how to get rid of it? No food or liquids by mouth for 3 days.. Your mouth gets kind of dry, but it works..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 05:22 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I don’t know much about smoking pot but if they can now separate and sell CBD, then isn’t Medical Marijuana just BS? Is it just an excuse to get high or does Medical marijuana actually do something beneficial that CBD on its own doesn’t do? It’s never been my cup of tea but I’m not judging. I’m just curious as to if there’s much more benefit than just CBD on it’s own.

Do you know of any medical studies that show one is superior to the other?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 06:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No thanks, I'll keep my gun rights. As a former LEO, if I have a condition marijuana helps with, I'll just buy it from the kid down the street. No way would I ever get "a card"

Yeah, it’s probably best we stick with the safe stuff Xanax, Vicodin, and Crown Royal rather than mess with a gateway drug like marijuana.
Reply/Quote
I've been sick so I've been out weed for two weeks, in case some of you hadn't noticed, but I'm doing much better now. :-)-~~~

It's been legal up here for three years and it's great. What kind I smoke, depends on where I'm at in my day.

Indica. In Da Couch. 
Sativa. Suh Teev Up! 

If I'm just vegging out and doing nothing, Indica. My friends grow some consistent 26-30% Pineapple Chunk, Lemon Haze and a few other Indicas I can't remember. Smoking their weed is like drinking shots of NyQuill, it just knocks you out if you take multiple hits. They're applying for their grower/distributors license at the moment. Occasionally, when I'm set on staying in for the night, I'll get a gram of 36-38% from one of the local Pot Shops but I get EXTREMELY talkative the first hour on this weed, (sorry, Jaegermeister).

If I'm at the radio station or my other job I like to be able to function so I usually go to one of the shops and pick up a Sativa. It doesn't get you as wasted and you can still pretty much keep focus without the mind wandering as much as when you are on an Indica. If you get paranoid or have anxiety on weed, chances are it was a Sativa.

Edibles are alright, I make some awesome pot butter out of nothing but leaves from my friends harvests, but I get tired more than I get high off of that stuff. A body high that's real good for aches and pains, though. I gave some to my Mom and some of her friends that never smoke pot (ages 66-78) and they love it. One of them told me that her boyfriend tells her that every night she eats my butter infused cake, she wakes up in the exact same position she went to sleep in and she usually sleeps around 10 hours instead of 6-7. People that have pain, or are too warm, move every time they go from stage 4 (deep sleep) back up to stage 1(light sleep) in the 4 stages of sleep that people rotate through many times a night. People that don't have pain, lick their lips or rub/scratch their nose for a second, but never really move their body because they are still comfortable. Betty Crocker - Butter Recipe Yellow is the sweeping favorite although Pilsbury has a no sugar recipe that was outstanding, very sweet. Thumbs down by all on Duncan Hines.

Pot cookies are usually too strong. As far as amount of butter used, 1 cake = 2 3/4 cookies. It's much easier to control the levels in a cake. Make a mistake and eat two cookies and your day is screwed. One average slice of my cakes equates to about 1/5 of a cookie, but it is made from the leaves off of 26-30% THC marijuana bud. This "shake" is stronger than the White Widow bud that my Dad and I grew for about 20 years. That's usually around 12-15%.

Never liked the vape pens. The high is like smoking resin, it's not great, no real head rush and the buzz is gone in 10 to 15 minutes. One thing I like about the strong weed, is that the buzz lasts so much longer that I don't smoke anywhere near as much. So that 10-15 minutes with a vape pen doesn't cut it. I used to have to keep re-upping like that with the lower 12-15%, now I just take a hit every two hours or so. It makes your weed last so much longer. I spend about $40 a week now vs spending $100-140 with the lesser strength pot before legalization. The weed is so strong up here now that we don't get high, we just stay high.

Baked Alaskan.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 12:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: Pancreatitis is rather painful ain't it? I had it years back.. Ya know how to get rid of it? No food or liquids by mouth for 3 days.. Your mouth gets kind of dry, but it works..

Yea, pancreatitis is no joke.  It will definitely get your attention.   Mine put me in the hospital for 3 days.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 09:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been using liquor but it is time for a change.

Marijuana is not for me, but I sure as hell wont stand up and say others can't have it when it has been proven to work on significant pain issues.  Liquor is MUCH more toxic and addictive than Marijuana.  Yet, you see it on every wall at a stadium and every commercial during games.

The whole point of the legalization is that people will know what they are getting.  It can be regulated and taxed.  If it were taxed, and legal in all 50 states for recreational use, the tax revenue alone would pay for healthcare for every man, woman, AND ILLEGAL in this country.  

I simply have no idea why people try to prevent the legalization.  It has been proven to not be a gateway drug, also.  
Reply/Quote
A new season ticket sales pitch "No stems no seeds being a Bengals fan gets you bad ass weed."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 01:18 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, it’s probably best we stick with the safe stuff Xanax, Vicodin, and Crown Royal rather than mess with a gateway drug like marijuana.

Not sure how you got to what you typed from what I typed?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 05:22 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I don’t know much about smoking pot but if they can now separate and sell CBD, then isn’t Medical Marijuana just BS? Is it just an excuse to get high or does Medical marijuana actually do something beneficial that CBD on its own doesn’t do? It’s never been my cup of tea but I’m not judging. I’m just curious as to if there’s much more benefit than just CBD on it’s own.

THC affects certain conditions, CBD affects certain conditions, it's more dependent on what type of problems the individual has. That being said, THC is unquestionably the "fun" compound of the two, but both do have their specific uses for treating a variety of ailments.

Edit: This is not by any means a complete list, but for example: CBD helps reduce inflammation, THC helps with pain, nausea and vommiting. I believe THC is also the one that increases appetite, so CBD wouldn't do squat to help someone with an eating disorder, while THC would (or vice versa if I have the two mixed up in this instance).

CBD, since it doesn't actually get you "high" like THC does, has seen the explosion in CBD related products because that compound isn't anywhere nearly as highly regulated as any product containing THC would be.
Reply/Quote
My take away from this is that if your an Ohio football fan you must be stoned to have fun during game days.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Marijuana is not for me, but I sure as hell wont stand up and say others can't have it when it has been proven to work on significant pain issues.  Liquor is MUCH more toxic and addictive than Marijuana.  Yet, you see it on every wall at a stadium and every commercial during games.

The whole point of the legalization is that people will know what they are getting.  It can be regulated and taxed.  If it were taxed, and legal in all 50 states for recreational use, the tax revenue alone would pay for healthcare for every man, woman, AND ILLEGAL in this country.  

I simply have no idea why people try to prevent the legalization.  It has been proven to not be a gateway drug, also.  

You can buy medical marijuana without the head high aspect of the drug if you want and I know a lot of people who do.  There are tons of proven medical benefits of the drug and it's healthier/safer than most over the counter drugs not to mention prescribed drugs.  The assumption is that people who use medical marijuana are a bunch of druggies and that's not the case at all.  My mother-in-law only started taking it when she was dying from cancer and its the only thing that gave her relief outside of heavy pain killers that were hyper addictive and could kill you.  The real shame is the industry is already completely corrupt especially in Ohio where politicians have only approved state-approved grows that happen to make large political contributions.  For example, if you wanted to buy marijuana gummies here in Ohio it can cost you between 50-75 dollars and in California, you pay like 5 dollars for the same product.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 11:59 AM)Ravage Wrote: THC affects certain conditions, CBD affects certain conditions, it's more dependent on what type of problems the individual has. That being said, THC is unquestionably the "fun" compound of the two, but both do have their specific uses for treating a variety of ailments.

Edit: This is not by any means a complete list, but for example: CBD helps reduce inflammation, THC helps with pain, nausea and vommiting. I believe THC is also the one that increases appetite, so CBD wouldn't do squat to help someone with an eating disorder, while THC would (or vice versa if I have the two mixed up in this instance).

CBD, since it doesn't actually get you "high" like THC does, has seen the explosion in CBD related products because that compound isn't anywhere nearly as highly regulated as any product containing THC would be.

I believe thc has some healing benefits as well. Why it is In creams as a 1/1 with CBD. Where CBD reduces inflammation and the thc helps to heal the joint etc..
Reply/Quote