Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on current and former players our fans love to hate
Stanley is still in jail.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 12:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think a couple qualifiers went on to do pretty good in SF.

Folks were assigning the bust label to Justin Smith (unfairly)

Folks were tired of Ahmad Brook's antics (fairly)

Dan Skuta was a starter with the Niners.
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill left for NE and got a SB ring for sitting on IR for an entire season. Never did anything after leaving the Bengals.

Burfict looked washed up by the end of 2018, goes to the Raiders and gets suspended forever. I suspect he's done, but you never know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
A J McCarron started the last game of the 2019 season for the Texans. Posted a 63.5 rating.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A J McCarron started the last game of the 2019 season for the Texans.  Posted a 63.5 rating.

Sure, but...

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 02:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Margus Hunt started 15 games for the Colts in 2018.  He had 5 sacks, 6 QB hits, and 13 tackles for loss.  Colts gave him a 2 year $9 million contract after that season and in 2019 he had zero sacks or TFL despite playing all 16 games.

I noticed that randomly the other day, I was thinking everyone was so upset we let him go only for him to become productive, but then this year happened 
Reply/Quote
Preston Brown was signed by the Raiders....and cut. Then signed with Jacksonville

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Preston Brown had to be one of the worst FA signings we've had in a loooong time. The little bit he did play, he made us much worse. He seemed to actually make the players around him worse.
Reply/Quote
Wee, there is this guy still “buthurt” over Carson Palmer.

(01-09-2020, 06:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For most part a civil commentary other than the shot at Dalton as do have a record holder (better than him) under contract for 1 more year.

I see he is still butthurt AD went to playoffs in year one after he went 4-12 the year prior. AD took a team supposedly in disarray and made them a winner making him look bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 01:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Andre Smith signed with Ravens.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001095291/article/ravens-sign-veteran-offensive-tackle-andre-smith

Why would a team possibly Super Bowl bound sign Andre who was called a bum by many?

Anyone else know a former Bengals players trashed that was signed to another team recently or in past 10 years or so?

This is a horrible take. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 10:01 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Preston Brown had to be one of the worst FA signings we've had in a loooong time. The little bit he did play, he made us much worse. He seemed to actually make the players around him worse.

Brown may never have been a great player, but he was productive for a pretty good defense in Buffalo.  I thought he might be picked up by a team with a better scheme fit, but apparently he is not worth anything anymore.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 07:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: DB Josh Shaw (7th on the Bengals in tackles in 2016) was suspended for gambling on NFL games.

This is the same guy who dropped in the raft because he lied about injuring himself jumping out of his girlfriends window.

Dang so that's what happened to him. I thought we had a real draft day steal. At least we didn't follow it up with drafting the other guy that couldn't jump from his gf's window cause she didn't exist...
Reply/Quote
“Dang” at least we don’t have a bunch of fans everyone is ashamed of being associated with
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2020, 12:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think a couple qualifiers went on to do pretty good in SF.

Folks were assigning the bust label to Justin Smith (unfairly)

Folks were tired of Ahmad Brook's antics (fairly)

I personally didn't know anyone who thought Justin Smith was a bust.

That was a message board thing that might've been parroted. LMAO

He needed more help on the D line because he was just a half-step late to the QB.

Even if he wasn't getting the sacks, he was putting on the pressure.

If you want to go the unfair route I'd say Big Daddy is the one most called a bust(because of his draft position)but wasn't a bad player.

If this was years ago I'd agree with the OP about Andre Smith but he's about done now.

Smith is a lot like Wilkinson.  Not a world beater but above average for most of his peak career.

A lot of casual fans just clutch onto him running with his shirt off and have hated him ever since.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I had no clue Peko was picked up by the Ravens. Was that a playoff pick up or part way through the season?
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:42 AM)Mer Wrote: I had no clue Peko was picked up by the Ravens. Was that a playoff pick up or part way through the season?

Signed mid season. Sometime in Nov if I recall correctly

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:42 AM)Mer Wrote: I had no clue Peko was picked up by the Ravens. Was that a playoff pick up or part way through the season?

I never understood the hatred for Peko around here.

He is the poster boy for how wrong a mass of fans can be.  No one will admit it now, but many people here swore that the Bengals playing Peko was proof that they did not care about winning. Then the defending Super Bowl champion Broncos not only signed him, but paid him more more than we did to start on one of the best defenses in the league.

Even when Mike Zimmer, who is beloved around here, tried to tell fans how good Peko was the message board experts claimed he was lying.
Reply/Quote
WR Jake Kumerow has started a few games for the Packers over the last coupleof years.

Auden Tate is Kumerow v2.0. Tall, slow, unstopable red zone threat who never catches TDS in the red zone.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never understood the hatred for Peko around here.

He is the poster boy for how wrong a mass of fans can be.  None will admit it now, but many people here swore that the Bengals playing Peko was proof that they did not care about winning. Then the defending Super Bowl champions signed him and paid him more more than we did to start on one of the best defenses in the league.

Peko was hated no doubt. Again, a player who loved the community and gave back.

He was and is a run stopping DT/NT.

Our run defense always suffered when he was out and after he left. We have too many fans who don't understand role players, they were upset because he was not a pass rusher (but not his role).
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 07:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: DB Josh Shaw (7th on the Bengals in tackles in 2016) was suspended for gambling on NFL games.

This is the same guy who dropped in the raft because he lied about injuring himself jumping out of his girlfriends window.

I love the message the NFL sent with his suspension which is the NFL has a dimmer view of placing a legal bet on NFL games in Vegas while on IR and not playing than domestic violence or drug abuse.
Reply/Quote