Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Update to GOP Assault on USA Military Leadership
(09-08-2023, 10:48 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Russia is definitely weak. China continues to strengthen their military at blazing speed. We used to have the biggest and strongest navy. Not saying it would be a definite loss, but I am saying… I don’t think we want to find out. 

China has some REAL economic problems of their own.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66737102

They may not be the one we have to worry about.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Commandant (unconfirmed) of the Marine Corps Eric Smith has been hospitalized after suffering a "medical emergency"  DC police have reported that a block from the Marine Barracks a man suffered what was called a "cardiac arrest event"

https://wapo.st/45NK1tS

Quote:Smith was previously the service’s assistant commandant, a post that remains vacant amid the Senate’s ongoing gridlock. That has left the general to shoulder the responsibilities of both jobs since July, when his predecessor retired.
Speaking at a conference days before last month’s confirmation vote, Smith described feeling exhausted by his daily work schedule, which at that time, he said, often began at 5 a.m. and did not conclude until 11:30 p.m. “It is not a sustainable thing,” the general told those in attendance, according to an account by the independent Marine Corps Times.

Apparently, it really wasn't sustainable.  Lt Gen Karsten Heckl, a deputy commandant in charge of modernization and combat training, will assume Smith's duties or at least the duties of the Commandant

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Tommy Tuberville fell down the stairs, so I can only assume conservatives are going to be calling for his resignation and/or replacement soon.

[Image: i60ax5vm7ztb1.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Since Schumer is slow walking nominees, Tommy Tuberville says he will nominate one tomorrow to start the process. if you think Schumer's reaction is anything other than political, you are a fool. As I stated, Schumer can get the nominees through 1 at a time. So Tommy will help him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 10:48 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Russia is definitely weak. China continues to strengthen their military at blazing speed. We used to have the biggest and strongest navy. Not saying it would be a definite loss, but I am saying… I don’t think we want to find out. 

Still do and it's not even close.....

Aircraft Carriers
US: 11 / China: 2
(Ours displace 30-40% more than theirs, and we have better and more aircraft to go on them)

Cruisers
US: 13 / China: 8

Destroyers
US: 75 / China: 42
(Ours displace about 20% more than theirs.)

Nuclear Submarines
US: 68 / China: 12 (China has 47 more non-nuclear)

- - - - -

And technologically, one of ours beats one of theirs. 

Really the only thing we aren't overwhemling leaders on are the smaller class of warships like Frigates and Corvettes (we don't have any Corvettes at all), and they've already designed, ordered, and are in the process of building a new class of Frigates already.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 10:14 PM)pally Wrote:

Famous football coach in Alabama who turned into a politician and has an R next to his name.

It doesn’t matter how much damage he does to our country. He will be a senator from Alabama until he decides not to run for re-election. Sad!
Reply/Quote
Are Republicans reluctant to help Democrats break the logjam by agreeing to a rules change because they are hoping that by keeping so many senior military leadership positions open, a Trump victory in 2024, will then allow him to install Michael Flynne-type loyalist clones in those positions?

Is this really about preventing the equalization of access to healthcare regardless of where a service member is stationed or about finding an excuse that allows for making over the military into a right-wing pro-Trump anti-constitution organization?

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 03:58 PM)pally Wrote: Are Republicans reluctant to help Democrats break the logjam by agreeing to a rules change because they are hoping that by keeping so many senior military leadership positions open, a Trump victory in 2024, will then allow him to install Michael Flynne-type loyalist clones in those positions?

I think the quick answer is that siding with democrats is enough to get you primaried. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 03:58 PM)pally Wrote: Are Republicans reluctant to help Democrats break the logjam by agreeing to a rules change because they are hoping that by keeping so many senior military leadership positions open, a Trump victory in 2024, will then allow him to install Michael Flynne-type loyalist clones in those positions?

Is this really about preventing the equalization of access to healthcare regardless of where a service member is stationed or about finding an excuse that allows for making over the military into a right-wing pro-Trump anti-constitution organization?

I’ve heard that theory. And that is my fear.

I have no idea how low these traitors are willing to go.
Reply/Quote
Russia is attacking Ukraine
Azerbaidjan is attacking Armenia
Hamas is attacking Israel

and on the week to come Venezuela is going to attack Guyana splitting war situations all over the world because Vladimir is struggling in Ukraine.

The world hasn't been any close to WWIII but somehow a small man is blocking his entire army to get ready.

Pretty sure, he's calling himself a patriot.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 02:22 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Russia is attacking Ukraine
Azerbaidjan is attacking Armenia
Hamas is attacking Israel

and on the week to come Venezuela is going to attack Guyana splitting war situations all over the world because Vladimir is struggling in Ukraine.

The world hasn't been any close to WWIII but somehow a small man is blocking his entire army to get ready.

Pretty sure, he's calling himself a patriot.

Quick, lobby your local officials.  Beg of them to send in the Italian forces to save the world..  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 02:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Quick, lobby your local officials.  Beg of them to send in the Italian forces to save the world..  Mellow

I'm not italian. But out forces are ready.

Ready is a different word than involved but it's your language so I guess you got it.

We launched this last week, it's a 10 thermonucleary missile all independants to different targets. 

I didn't even know we had this but somehow we felt that this was the time to show it. 

But who cares if some obscure coach thinks his own army is too woke ... 

SMH. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Tuberville is releasing his hold on every position below 4 star general allowing for the standard promotions to fo forward. The limited number of 4 star positions should allow for manageable floor votes

There are 11 4 star positions still under Tuberville holds. All senior leadership positions

Reply/Quote