Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated - HC / QB Combo Ratings
**Updated - because I can't remember if this has been discussed already.

Help me determine where Zac and Burrow rank.

Is there still a belief that Burrow carries Zac?

Let me list some great combos and ask for additional considerations and where you would rank the Zac/Burrow combo, and if another playoff appearance and run will change.

Obviously, Andy Reid / Mahomes leads the pack...

Sirianni / Hursts
Harbs / Jackson
McDaniel / Tua
Shanny / Garappolo

Would this be the list as it stands today?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think people are always going to say that Burrow carries Zac. I don't personally believe that as good HCs also tend to have good QBs - usually. I don't have any issue with putting the combos you listed above them. I would say Burrow is better than Jimmy G., Lamar and Jalen this season. Sirianni is doing really well but he is really early into his tenure, so it is hard to gauge him. I think McDaniel is very similar to Zac, and I would easily place Reid, Shanahan and Harbaugh above Zac.
Reply/Quote
Jury is still out on Zac and Joe, but unless Joe decides to leave in free agency because he wants a gazillion bucks per second they'll be together for awhile.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2022, 10:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: **Updated - because I can't remember if this has been discussed already.

Help me determine where Zac and Burrow rank.

Is there still a belief that Burrow carries Zac?

Let me list some great combos and ask for additional considerations and where you would rank the Zac/Burrow combo, and if another playoff appearance and run will change.

Obviously, Andy Reid / Mahomes leads the pack...

Sirianni / Hursts
Harbs / Jackson
McDaniel / Tua
Shanny / Garappolo

Would this be the list as it stands today?

Can't have any HC/QB list without Omar Epps and the guy who's name is literally an interception waiting to happen.   Hilarious

Seriously, I have to admit after watching him play:  Pete "Teflon" Carroll and Geno Smith.  Amazing what they are doing with average weapons and line.

Saleh and Mike White??? Excuse, me...."Future HOFer Mike White"?

What about what starts Sunday?  Stefanski and Happy Ending?

Ok, now a serious one:  McDermott and Allen.  
Reply/Quote
Hard to measure Where is Belicheck in his whole career w/o Brady ? All great QB’s carry the whole team. Did Bill Walsh impact Joe Montana? Hell yes. Kinda depends if the HC is also the OC
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I think Taylor might be having his best season as the Bengals' head coach this year, so I would be fine to rank the pair somewhere in the top portion of the league.

In 2021 we began to learn about Anarumo's capacity for adjustment, given his defense's strong performance in a chameleon personality. The offense did not seem to possess the same capacity for adaptation. That has changed this season, with both units morphing into whatever they need to be most weeks to give them the best chance to win. Taylor deserves a lot of credit for his part in scheming that up.
Reply/Quote
Burrow and Zac are learning the league as it adjusts together and doing a real good job of doing so as well.

They have to rank up there imho.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2022, 11:32 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Hard to measure  Where is Belicheck in his whole career w/o Brady ?  All great QB’s carry the whole team. Did Bill Walsh impact Joe Montana? Hell yes. Kinda depends if the HC is also the OC

I like to think Joe's QB coach helped him a lot.  Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote