Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated MVP odds
JoeyB has jumped into the mix

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good for Pat. He can show his MVP award to everyone at the Pro Bowl.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Good for Pat.  He can show his MVP award to everyone at the Pro Bowl after JoeyB smokes him again in the playoffs. 

Had to add something there.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Will be a battle to the end, Joe is right there for sure, I would put Hurt on top right now
Reply/Quote
And he's just going to continue climbing up the ranks.
Reply/Quote
If Burrow & crew slaughters this tough schedule he will win it no doubt.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I put a hundred on him winning before the season but now I can't find the bet receipt Cry
Reply/Quote
Might be the favorite if not for Week 1. Hard to overcome a QB leading the league in both yards and TDs, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just an FYI-

Total Passing yards:
#1 Mahommes 3808
#2 Burrow 3446
#9 Hurts 2940 (though to be fair, I'm sure he has more rushing yards than Burrow and Mahommes combined lol)

Total Passing TDs:
#1 Mahommes 30
t#2 Josh Allen & Burro 25
t#8 Hurts and Justin Herbert 20

QB rating:
#2 Hurts 108.3
#3 Mahommes 104.9
#4 Burrow 103.7
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Just an FYI-

Total Passing yards:
#1 Mahommes 3808
#2 Burrow 3446
#9 Hurts 2940 (though to be fair, I'm sure he has more rushing yards than Burrow and Mahommes combined lol)

Total Passing TDs:
#1 Mahommes 30

QB rating:
#2 Hurts 108.3
#3 Mahommes 104.9
#4 Burrow 103.7

If Burrow goes 2-0 vs. Mahomes and Allen this year shouldn't that be a huge factor in the voting?

Mahomes is 0-2 vs. Burrow and Allen

Allen - 1-0 vs Mahomes with Burrow coming up

Hurts likely get it... he's balling out and has the best record in the NFL.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 03:03 PM)QueenCity Wrote: If Burrow goes 2-0 vs. Mahomes and Allen this year shouldn't that be a huge factor in the voting?

Mahomes is 0-2 vs. Burrow and Allen

Allen - 1-0 vs Mahomes with Burrow coming up

Hurts likely get it... he's balling out and has the best record in the NFL.

Well said, yeah I think Hurts gets the MVP but it is nice our QB being in the running and he has a shot if Hurts struggles at all
down the stretch as I am pretty damn sure Burrow will just ascend as the season goes on.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:14 PM)pally Wrote: JoeyB has jumped into the mix

I think a certain poster told everyone that at +3300 two weeks ago that now was the time to put your money on Burrow.  He's taking off and won't slow down.  
Reply/Quote

Total Passing yards:
#1 Mahommes 3808
#2 Burrow 3446

Total Passing TDs:
#1 Mahommes 30

QB rating:
#2 Hurts 108.3
#3 Mahommes 104.9
#4 Burrow 103.7

Hurts 9 rushing TDs
Allen 5 
Burrow 5
Mahomes 2

Hurts has 609 rush yards
Allen 581
Mahomes 283
Burrow 245

Burrow and Allen are only 2 behind Mahomes for total TDs. I'd also look at completion % and interceptions. Burrow is second in the league at 69% (behind Geno Smith). Mahomes is 15th and Josh Allen is 23rd. 

Josh Allen also has the second most interceptions in the league. If this guy wins MVP I am going to be pissed. He's so overrated. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I don't see Herbert anywhere on that list.

The people on here who had Herbert envy look silly now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Might be the favorite if not for Week 1. Hard to overcome a QB leading the league in both yards and TDs, though.

Total Passing yards:
#1 Mahommes 3808
#2 Burrow 3446

Total Passing TDs:
#1 Mahommes 30

QB rating:
#2 Hurts 108.3
#3 Mahommes 104.9
#4 Burrow 103.7

(12-05-2022, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said, yeah I think Hurts gets the MVP but it is nice our QB being in the running and he has a shot if Hurts struggles at all
down the stretch as I am pretty damn sure Burrow will just ascend as the season goes on.

To everybody: yes, Hurts might have better stats and a team with the better record, but it's "most valuable player," which no player is more valuable than Burrow is to our team because he's leading our team to a winning record and possible division title, and he's doing so behind a bad offensive line.

If the sports writers voting had an ounce of football intelligence and weren't voting based off of wanting to please the crowd, they'd vote Burrow in a landslide.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure players care to a different degree, but as a fan I don't really care. I wouldn't trade one Super Bowl victory for ten MVP awards for Bengals' players.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 04:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't see Herbert anywhere on that list.

The people on here who had Herbert envy look silly now.

I was never a Herbert fanboy.. That silly man bun looks really stupid.  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If Burrow keeps taking care of business and beat Josh Allen as well he will have to be in the mix.

If not for his surgery slowing him I believe he would be winning.

But sure he would gladly swap it out for a SB win and MVP

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote