Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated cap space
With the recent additions, I did the Spotrac roster manager:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/cincinnati-bengals/2020/473c5ebdfe5d0677673981b91a2952ad/

I cut the roster down to 48 players because I expect we hang on to 5 players from our 7 pick draft class, which is about average.

The expected cost of that 7 draft pick class is about 11.5 million dollars.

If we assume the AAV is the cap hit for Bell and Reader and we assume a relatively modest 2 million value for Bynes' contract, that leaves us with $377,757 in cap space with Dalton and Dre still on the team.

So basically we need to make about 11 million dollars in cap space before the season starts.

Cutting or trading Dalton does that and leaves us with 6 million dollars to play with.

And that's assuming we don't sign AJ Green to a longer deal with a lower AAV.

All things considered, our cap situation is still looking just fine! We may even have a signing or two left in us! Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 10:37 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: With the recent additions, I did the Spotrac roster manager:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/cincinnati-bengals/2020/473c5ebdfe5d0677673981b91a2952ad/

I cut the roster down to 48 players because I expect we hang on to 5 players from our 7 pick draft class, which is about average.

The expected cost of that 7 draft pick class is about 11.5 million dollars.

If we assume the AAV is the cap hit for Bell and Reader and we assume a relatively modest 2 million value for Bynes' contract, that leaves us with $377,757 in cap space with Dalton and Dre still on the team.

So basically we need to make about 11 million dollars in cap space before the season starts.

Cutting or trading Dalton does that and leaves us with 6 million dollars to play with.

And that's assuming we don't sign AJ Green to a longer deal with a lower AAV.

All things considered, our cap situation is still looking just fine! We may even have a signing or two left in us! Big Grin

They need to get that DreK money off the books
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 10:49 AM)spazz70 Wrote: They need to get that DreK money off the books

Unless a trade offer comes in I don't see why they would do that before Waynes passes his medical. 
Reply/Quote