Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Upon Further Review
Players who I'd like to see get a longer look week 2

Scotty Washington - Didn't get many snaps, but showed soft hands and has a receiver background. If Wilcox (and Sample out), there are and will be plenty of snaps available for someone to step up. Moss got his shot and had an up and down night. I'd like to see Washington Get more looks.

Kwamie Lassiter II - With the emergence of Pryor, Lassiter II's shine was stolen all in a nights work. I'd like to see him get more snaps and opportunities. I think Trent Taylor, may be too hard to cut, 7 receivers is a possibility, but that would mean Thomas might go. Could Lassiter make Thomas a surprise cut?

Carson Wells - How is Bachie's knee? Wells was all over Friday night, making tfl's, pressure, and showing a good motor. Can he maintain momentum?

Tariqious Tisdale - Injured so only played 7 snaps, but showed good hustle, got some offseason love, and if he can flash our D line is stacked.

Jacques Patrick - They love Perine, I think he's OK. Thus he's someone I feel should have to fight for his job each year. Especially with the emergence of Evans, and Mixon contract. Is Perine a surprise cut? Doubt it, but it would be a move I am okay with if Patrick continues to be that short yardage, big back that can wear down a defense. Mixon and Evans can handle the receiving roll Perine brought, can they protect like Perine opening up a spot for a young power back to stick?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 07:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Players who I'd like to see get a longer look week 2

Scotty Washington - Didn't get many snaps, but showed soft hands and has a receiver background. If Wilcox (and Sample out), there are and will be plenty of snaps available for someone to step up. Moss got his shot and had an up and down night. I'd like to see Washington Get more looks.

Kwamie Lassiter II - With the emergence of Pryor, Lassiter II's shine was stolen all in a nights work. I'd like to see him get more snaps and opportunities. I think Trent Taylor, may be too hard to cut, 7 receivers is a possibility, but that would mean Thomas might go. Could Lassiter make Thomas a surprise cut?

Carson Wells - How is Bachie's knee? Wells was all over Friday night, making tfl's, pressure, and showing a good motor. Can he maintain momentum?

Tariqious Tisdale - Injured so only played 7 snaps, but showed good hustle, got some offseason love, and if he can flash our D line is stacked.

Jacques Patrick - They love Perine, I think he's OK. Thus he's someone I feel should have to fight for his job each year. Especially with the emergence of Evans, and Mixon contract. Is Perine a surprise cut? Doubt it, but it would be a move I am okay with if Patrick continues to be that short yardage, big back that can wear down a defense. Mixon and Evans can handle the receiving roll Perine brought, can they protect like Perine opening up a spot for a young power back to stick?

If there was a special teams award Perine would win it. He’s on every special team. They’ll cut him over Simmons dead body.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 07:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Players who I'd like to see get a longer look week 2

Wilcox is in a boot so he'll be out this week's game for sure.  No need to push him.

Bachie is still on PUP. I would not be shocked if he started the season there.  

Mike Thomas is the WR4.  He is not going anyplace

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

I'd agree with others on Perine. He had a couple of bad moments on the biggest stage. But he's also shown he can make big time plays. As far as Morgan and Thomas I guess I'll have to trust the coaches on that because I don't see it from a WR perspective more so with Thomas but they do things that I don't know the full scope of. I like Moss and wanted him to stick with the Burrow connection and who his dad is but he took 2 big plays off the board and I just don't see the receiving ability to make up for the blocking issues. I was intrigued by Washington as well. 

But you have to mention Plitt with someone we need to see more of and hopefully earlier. I really think we have maybe 1 WR position open. Whether that's Lassiter or Pryor I don't care but since Pryor had the big game that's what I'll be the most curious about is if he can follow that up these next preseason games.
Reply/Quote
all my preseason standouts getting cut.

Bookie I thought showed well too.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I want to see if Raymond Johnson can push Sample for a roster spot. He had a 1/5 sack last game and was inches away from another one.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I doubt if he will be ready to play a lot yet, but by far the one player I am anxious to see is D'ante Smith.

He is much more likely to be "NFL ready" this season that a rookie 4th round pick from the FCS.
Reply/Quote

Carson Wells was cut this morning

With both Sample and Wilcox out we should see more of Washington

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
More of Zach Carter, Jeffrey Gunter, Tisdale, Hubert on Defense.

More of Kendrick Pryor and Jacques Patrick on Offense. Also would like to see how Cochran plays against tier 2 players
instead of just tier 4. I thought Cochran played decent on the OL when I saw him out there, saw him make some nice
blocks in the run game and hold up in pass protection much better than Prince and Adeniji against the Cards.

Too bad Ben Brown went down, wanted to see another Center as Trey Hill looked pretty bad. Hope Trey Hill plays much
better, I liked the pick but he looks really slow, even slower than I thought and still gets called for penalties and worst of
all, had a bad snap or two. Cannot have this at Center.
Reply/Quote
Nick Eubanks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

No idea how it translates on this level considering Patrick, but he was an absolute bruiser at FSU.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I’ll be watching my man Volson. Love this kid, great story and I’m hoping he’s going to be a beauty for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 06:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: More of Zach Carter, Jeffrey Gunter, Tisdale, Hubert on Defense.

More of Kendrick Pryor and Jacques Patrick on Offense. Also would like to see how Cochran plays against tier 2 players
instead of just tier 4. I thought Cochran played decent on the OL when I saw him out there, saw him make some nice
blocks in the run game and hold up in pass protection much better than Prince and Adeniji against the Cards.

Too bad Ben Brown went down, wanted to see another Center as Trey Hill looked pretty bad. Hope Trey Hill plays much
better, I liked the pick but he looks really slow, even slower than I thought and still gets called for penalties and worst of
all, had a bad snap or two. Cannot have this at Center.

Hubert retired earlier this week.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 07:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: No idea how it translates on this level considering Patrick, but he was an absolute bruiser at FSU.

Patrick was a stud in the XFL too, didn't like us cutting him last year and going to the 49ers.

Glad we got him back, this guy can carry the load if Mixon goes down. Mean sumbitch and can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Hope he is really working on his blitz pickup, we should see tonight. Call me intrigued with Patrick going against a blitzing D.

(08-20-2022, 10:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Hubert retired earlier this week.

What? Dude is only in his second year in the NFL?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Patrick was a stud in the XFL too, didn't like us cutting him last year and going to the 49ers.

Glad we got him back, this guy can carry the load if Mixon goes down. Mean sumbitch and can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Hope he is really working on his blitz pickup, we should see tonight. Call me intrigued with Patrick going against a blitzing D.

What? Dude is only in his second year in the NFL?

Yes, Wyatt retired. Paraphrasing his words but essentially the wear and tear on his body had taken its toll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I would like to see Allen QB with our starters at OL and skilled positions for couple of series
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 02:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would like to see Allen QB with our starters at OL and skilled positions for couple of series

I agree, but I think ZT is content with letting them get "game reps" against the Rams next week during the joint practices.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 07:33 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Thomas is the WR4.  He is not going anyplace

Would sure be a whole lot cooler if he wasn't.

I would prefer my #4 WR to not be a 28-year-old with only 328 career yards and 1 TD heading into his 7th year in the NFL.

Dede Westbrook, Emmanuel Sanders, Kenny Stills, and Adam Humphries are all still available right now, probably pretty cheap to sign, and would all be monumental upgrades for the Bengals as 4th WRs. The Bengals WR room after their top 3 is a barren wasteland.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 03:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would sure be a whole lot cooler if he wasn't.

I would prefer my #4 WR to not be a 28-year-old with only 328 career yards and 1 TD heading into his 7th year in the NFL.

Dede Westbrook, Emmanuel Sanders, Kenny Stills, and Adam Humphries are all still available right now, probably pretty cheap to sign, and would all be monumental upgrades for the Bengals as 4th WRs. The Bengals WR room after their top 3 is a barren wasteland.

I understand you pick and choose your spots for allocating capital , but I have to agree here. I’d prefer to have a modicum of upside amongst the depth at wr.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 02:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Yes, Wyatt retired.  Paraphrasing his words but essentially the wear and tear on his body had taken its toll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks BenZoo. Mellow

I love what I see from Gunter thankfully and Kareem needs to get healthy.

(08-21-2022, 03:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would sure be a whole lot cooler if he wasn't.

Feel the same. Kendrick Pryor looked great but it was only 1 Preseason game.

(08-21-2022, 04:01 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I understand you pick and choose your spots for allocating capital , but I have to agree here.  I’d prefer to have a modicum of upside amongst the depth at wr.

For sure, Mike Thomas, Stanley Morgan nor Trent Taylor aren't going to scare anyone but us if one of the top 3 go down.
Reply/Quote