Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Meyer
Per Adam Schefter

Urban Meyer has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation into what and when he knew about former asst Zach Smith's domestic violence issues.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I see this as overreaction on the part of OSU. I looked into it, and there are some texts between the victim and Meyer's wife, along with some with a sports reporter.

It's not Meyer's job to be the police, or a social worker. If the dude was beating his wife, she should have called the police, not his boss' wife or a sports reporter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The fact that he's being investigated because he knows someone who may have known or heard from someone else who accused one of his asst coaches of domestic violence is absurd.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 10:52 AM)Beaker Wrote: The fact that he's being investigated because he knows someone who may have known or heard from someone else who accused one of his asst coaches of domestic violence is absurd.

From what I gather, there's a clause in his contract stating that he must report any knowledge of a potential Title IX violations.  Everything is turning into a "gotcha" type of situation, these days.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From what I gather, there's a clause in his contract stating that he must report any knowledge of a potential Title IX violations.  Everything is turning into a "gotcha" type of situation, these days.

How is an asst coach hitting his wife a title IX violation? And I will admit I don't know details yet, but isn't it still an accusation by the asst coach's wife? Meyer is getting rung up because an asst coach MAY have hit his wife 3 years ago and he MAY have heard about it from his own wife?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: How is an asst coach hitting his wife a title IX violation? And I will admit I don't know details yet, but isn't it still an accusation by the asst coach's wife? Meyer is getting rung up because an asst coach MAY have hit his wife 3 years ago and he MAY have heard about it from his own wife?

It's a clause that helps saves the University. the tl;dr version is he has to report all the infractions to a university "officer". He reports hundreds of them, I am sure. There's gonna be more details coming out soon, but if he did indeed know of this and didn't report AND lied about not knowing about it, it's not going to end well IMO. Lets see more details come out, but admin leave is not good what-so-ever. Usually means they're working on a separation...which I just don't want to think about  Cry
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: How is an asst coach hitting his wife a title IX violation? And I will admit I don't know details yet, but isn't it still an accusation by the asst coach's wife? Meyer is getting rung up because an asst coach MAY have hit his wife 3 years ago and he MAY have heard about it from his own wife?

Here's the extremely long winded/boring title IX
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 09:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I see this as overreaction on the part of OSU.  I looked into it, and there are some texts between the victim and Meyer's wife, along with some with a sports reporter.  

It's not Meyer's job to be the police, or a social worker.  If the dude was beating his wife, she should have called the police, not his boss' wife or a sports reporter.

I don't think they over-reacted at all. This would be a huge distraction for the team and something that needs a through investigation. It's Meyers job - per the title IX posted - that he has to report this. Doesn't matter if police were involved. Same reason they have to report stupid shit like text recruits during certain times (not sure if that's under the same title noted above, but same premise). Basically, he signed that contract and agreed to those "rules", so he now has to stand up to the music. 
Reply/Quote
Also, since he knew about the 2009 incident when she was pregnant and did nothing about it, this is still a horrible look for Urbz.
Reply/Quote
Check out the Colorado university case a few years back where an assistant football coach was fired for domestic violence and the school and head football coach were later sued by the victim for a Title IX violation. The federal court judge dismissed her claim saying the school and coach had no duty under Title IX to the non-employee victim.

Here (whether believable or not), there is still no evidence that Meyer actually knew the truth to the ALLEGATIONS (remember, Smith was not arrested or charged for these incidents) or even the substance of the allegations in the emails between his wife and the alleged victim. While I still think Urban ultimately resigns or is fired over the incident to keep his wife out of the frying pan (tOSU is a lot different in the media's eyes than Colorado or Michigan State), the media's mob mentality may be premature until there is conclusive evidence that Meyer himself knew something and still kept Smith on board.
Reply/Quote
There is no way to prove if his wife ever told him. She could have been told in confidence and kept the secret for all anyone knows.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:40 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Check out the Colorado university case a few years back where an assistant football coach was fired for domestic violence and the school and head football coach were later sued by the victim for a Title IX violation.  The federal court judge dismissed her claim saying the school and coach had no duty under Title IX to the non-employee victim.  

Here (whether believable or not), there is still no evidence that Meyer actually knew the truth to the ALLEGATIONS (remember, Smith was not arrested or charged for these incidents) or even the substance of the allegations in the emails between his wife and the alleged victim. While I still think Urban ultimately resigns or is fired over the incident to keep his wife out of the frying pan (tOSU is a lot different in the media's eyes than Colorado or Michigan State), the media's mob mentality may be premature until there is conclusive evidence that Meyer himself knew something and still kept Smith on board.

I don't want to get too P&R about this, but there is a 'he is guilty until proven innocent' movement happening nowadays, in large part to the media and social media.

Personally I want to hear the accused side of story. For all we know she could be one of those bat-shit crazy kind of wives, and I know for a fact they can exist. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 11:55 AM)Beaker Wrote: There is no way to prove if his wife ever told him. She could have been told in confidence and kept the secret for all anyone knows.

Urbans Core values:

Honesty, treat women with respect, no drugs, no stealing and no weapons. 

I don't like how he expects young adults to follow these values, but not grown ass men? There was SIX police documented events that transpired during that 2015 incident. If he didn't know of those situations, then we've got some institutional control problems. 
Reply/Quote
This is a pretty ugly article. I don't see how Urbz survives this. I need to go drink lol

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/posts/2042037522486968
Reply/Quote
I just heard Matt Campbell is the #1 candidate to replace Urban. Head coach at Iowa State. Former head coach at Toledo. A young up and comer coach who’s succeed at every place he’s stopped. The last time tOSU stole a coach from the Cyclones, it worked out ok for them. Earl Bruce anyone?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
All I know is, this SUCKS!! There are so many conflicting stories, Urban knew, he didn't know.... Hell, my wife doesn't tell me everything.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 01:06 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is a pretty ugly article. I don't see how Urbz survives this. I need to go drink lol

Yeah, if those are the actual texts, stick a fork in 'em.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 01:06 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is a pretty ugly article. I don't see how Urbz survives this. I need to go drink lol

Truth from the comments

"Wait wait wait... The guy who recruited Aaron Hernandez, $cam Newton, Cardale "I don't play skool" Jones, and Racist Riley Cooper (not to mention 30+ player arrests from '05 to '10 at FL) and kept them around through multiple sketchy incidents in college may not be a good guy? Color me shocked."
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 12:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Personally I want to hear the accused side of story. For all we know she could be one of those bat-shit crazy kind of wives, and I know for a fact they can exist. 

At this point Urban's problems don't have anything to do with how truthful the wife's claims are.  His problem is that he lied about knowing about the allegations.

Meyers "life coach" is the one who convinced the wife to drop the original charges.  There are texts among the coaches wives talking about ow Meyer reacted to learning about the claims back when they happened.

He is finished as OSU coach.  Start looking for a replacement.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 08:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: At this point Urban's problems don't have anything to do with how truthful the wife's claims are.  His problem is that he lied about knowing about the allegations.

Meyers "life coach" is the one who convinced the wife to drop the original charges.  There are texts among the coaches wives talking about ow Meyer reacted to learning about the claims back when they happened.

He is finished as OSU coach.  Start looking for a replacement.

I've already came to this conclusion. He's done. Don't see any way him surviving this with him lying. 
Reply/Quote