Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Meyer
And they're reporting he is out.

Still not as bad as Petrino....but it's debateable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This idiot clearly still thinks he’s coaching college kids…

That's not acceptable behavior in Peewee Football much less the NFL. Guy is a Dbag and has been for a while. Im not even sure he can get Coaching job or a media Job anymore. Dude has screwed himself over. Glad he was fired.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 03:50 AM)J24 Wrote: That's not acceptable behavior in Peewee Football much less the NFL. Guy is a Dbag and has been for a while. Im not even sure he can get Coaching job or a media Job anymore. Dude has screwed himself over. Glad he was fired.

When a guy as nice as Marvin Jones doesn’t even like you, you have some serious issues.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:42 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: And they're reporting he is out.

Still not as bad as Petrino....but it's debateable.

Might save Lawrence's career, Meyer and that environment was not good for any players development. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 06:12 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Might save Lawrence's career, Meyer and that environment was not good for any players development. 

Lawrence publically said yesterday, before the kicking incident news broke, that the “drama had to stop”. When you essentially lost your future franchise QB, it is time to end the experiment. The kick news just ended it 4 games early.

The Bengals have 5 platers who played for Urban at OSU. Everything we are hearing now makes you wonder how bad things were there or if the pressure, which he always struggled with, finally took him over the edge. Winning does cover up and forgives a lot of coaching sins. Losing with the Jags put a huge magnifying glass on him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
under the new rules the jaguars can now start interviewing HC canidates the last 2 weeks of the season giving them a big headstart over everyone thats not the raiders (who can do the same)
Reply/Quote
[Image: FGuwFrwXoAg_ra7?format=jpg&name=medium]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Urban fired as HC of Jags.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/16/urban-meyer-fired-as-jaguars-head-coach/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Urban, from what the media shares, does not seem like a good human being.

Does he get all of his money now that's been fired? Didn't he sign a $60 million deal?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 11:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Urban, from what the media shares, does not seem like a good human being.

Does he get all of his money now that's been fired? Didn't he sign a $60 million deal?

most coaching contracts are fully guaranteed i believe.  unless they quit or were fired with Cause if that's in the contract language (so likely will go to court)
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 11:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Urban, from what the media shares, does not seem like a good human being.

Generally coaching contracts are 100% guaranteed.  I wonder if there is a "Fired with cause" clause in his contract.  If so, he might not get his money, and if everything that's being said about him is true then I doubt he challenges the "with cause" because everything he did will then become public, and I doubt he wants that.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the info fellows. Crazy to think Urban might get millions upon millions of dollars for one year of poor coaching and acting like a piss poor human being toward others.

I wonder if any universities will want him to coach or is this the last we see of Urban?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 11:17 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Thanks for the info fellows. Crazy to think Urban might get millions upon millions of dollars for one year of poor coaching and acting like a piss poor human being toward others.

I wonder if any universities will want him to coach or is this the last we see of Urban?

Which is why I don't think it will go to court.  If all of this is true and the details come out, he'll never get another job.....maybe not even in media.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 11:13 AM)Stewy Wrote: Generally coaching contracts are 100% guaranteed.  I wonder if there is a "Fired with cause" clause in his contract.  If so, he might not get his money, and if everything that's being said about him is true then I doubt he challenges the "with cause" because everything he did will then become public, and I doubt he wants that.

if he thinks he might never get another coaching job he might try to get all the money he can.

But urbans whole story has been weird since he left florida
Reply/Quote
I don't think I've seen one comment from a Jaguars player showing support for Urban or flat out denying the stories. Even Marvin Jones, essentially said the story concerning him was true.

Whatever we can complain about Zac, in his 2-14 1st season, his coaches and players weren't out there sharing toxic stories about him. Even Carlos going public was a just typical disgruntled player talking not the shear ugliness coming out of Jacksonville

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote