Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Meyer
(10-06-2021, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sending the team back home on a charter without the HC is unforgivable. If it was Urban's choice he should be fired. If a GM ok'd it he/she should be fired.

What he did at his club is of no relevance; that's between him and then wife.

If he stayed in Ohio to visit his grandkids like he said, then I would have no problem with it. Face it, most of the team sleeps on the way home anyway. Now he obviously wasn't visiting his grandkids here, so what time of the evening was it? Did he go out to his bar after having dinner with family? I really don't have a problem with it. As for the girl, that's between him and his wife, you will see that behavior in every bar in America, and if you notice, besides the butthole filming her who was obviously jealous, no one else even seemed to notice. This is being blown way out of proportion.
Reply/Quote
A HC isn't a player. You want your head coach breaking down film and finding answers after a loss. When teams win, players get Monday off and don't have to report until Wednesday. That isn't the same for HC's. During the bye week, they allow players to step away and recharge, but HC's still work. That is why him taking a mini vacation doesn't sit well. Coaches get paid big bucks. There's no vacation during the season. It is good to give the players the "break", but no HC ever takes these breaks during the season. Especially one on a 0-4 team.

For those who don't see a problem with this, I wonder if you'd feel the same if ZT did the same as we sat 0-4?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 09:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: For those who don't see a problem with this, I wonder if you'd feel the same if ZT did the same as we sat 0-4?

Well based on what ive been seeing if we left Zac at home and just let burrow run the offense...     We would be fine

But yeah Coaches should be first in last out.... especially if the team is struggling
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If he stayed in Ohio to visit his grandkids like he said, then I would have no problem with it. Face it, most of the team sleeps on the way home anyway. Now he obviously wasn't visiting his grandkids here, so what time of the evening was it? Did he go out to his bar after having dinner with family? I really don't have a problem with it. As for the girl, that's between him and his wife, you will see that behavior in every bar in America, and if you notice, besides the butthole filming her who was obviously jealous, no one else even seemed to notice. This is being blown way out of proportion.

The dude makes $12 Mil a year just in coaching salary; if he wants to visit his grandkids he can damn sure afford a flight back to Cincy. You, I, or anyone in the forum don't know what the team does on such flights. To abandon your team after a heartbreaking loss is complete and utter Bullshit. What he did at the club is irrelevant. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 09:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: A HC isn't a player. You want your head coach breaking down film and finding answers after a loss. When teams win, players get Monday off and don't have to report until Wednesday. That isn't the same for HC's. During the bye week, they allow players to step away and recharge, but HC's still work. That is why him taking a mini vacation doesn't sit well. Coaches get paid big bucks. There's no vacation during the season. It is good to give the players the "break", but no HC ever takes these breaks during the season. Especially one on a 0-4 team.

For those who don't see a problem with this, I wonder if you'd feel the same if ZT did the same as we sat 0-4?

Oh boo hoo. So he took a few hours to visit his family and his business. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 10:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The dude makes $12 Mil a year just in coaching salary; if he wants to visit his grandkids he can damn sure afford a flight back to Cincy. You, I, or anyone in the forum don't know what the team does on such flights. To abandon your team after a heartbreaking loss is complete and utter Bullshit. What he did at the club is irrelevant. 

Again, boo hoo.... it doesn't bother me he took a few hours. And yes, I do know what NFL teams do on flights because I know several ex players. They put their headphones on and crash.  This is just UM hate.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 01:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, boo hoo.... it doesn't bother me he took a few hours. And yes, I do know what NFL teams do on flights because I know several ex players. They put their headphones on and crash.  This is just UM hate.
First, you most likely know what you can do with you "boo hoo"

Secondly, why in the hell would I have any "UM hate"?

Finally, ask all your "ex-player" acquaintances how they would feel if the coach didn't ride back with the team after a loss so he could go clubbing..

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First, you most likely know what you can do with you "boo hoo"

Finally, ask all your "ex-player" acquaintances how they would feel if the coach didn't ride back with the team after a loss so he could go clubbing..

Again, did he just go clubbing, or did he go see his grandchildren, then later that night go to his restaurant. I don't know anyone that would hold going to see grandkids against somebody. And some lucky player got to sit in his 1st class seat instead of coach. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First, you most likely know what you can do with you "boo hoo"

While telling them to be careful what situations they get themselves into and that you are headed to see your grandbabies. 

This isn't what people want in their HC. He should have been on the plane even if they had headsets on, trying to find answers to their 0-4 start, or at least being with them after what he admitted was a "devastating loss". 

I think it's inexcusable and would never be accepted if it was a Bengals Coach with an 0-4 record coming off of a tough loss with a young impressionable team.

But hey, before their bye when he tells them to mind the situations they get themselves in while off, hopefully they don't bust out in laughter again. 

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 01:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, did he just go clubbing, or did he go see his grandchildren, then later that night go to his restaurant. I don't know anyone that would hold going to see grandkids against somebody. And some lucky player got to sit in his 1st class seat instead of coach. 

You fell for the grandkids lie! You are gullible Sled. Maybe his grandkids is what his thumb was searching for. That'll be what you tell us next. 

When you sign up to be a HC, you can barely spend time with your wife and kids. We've heard the stories. We may not think that's great, but that is how it is. So his wife as she said was home babysitting the kids, didn't even get a visit, yet it's the grandkids he went to "see" but couldn't spend much time with them before going clubbing. If I was his grandkid, why even bother (and use me as an excuse to go thumbing).

But like Bfine said, the issue wasn't going thumbing, it was not being with your young heartbroken team. That's not good leadership if you know anything about leadership.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 01:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, boo hoo.... it doesn't bother me he took a few hours. And yes, I do know what NFL teams do on flights because I know several ex players. They put their headphones on and crash.  This is just UM hate.

I don't think Joe Burrow is sleeping on plane trips home after a game. He is looking a plays on his tablet and looking ahead to the next opponent and how he can make this team better. Coach that has lost four straight should be doing the same.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 04:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: You fell for the grandkids lie! You are gullible Sled. Maybe his grandkids is what his thumb was searching for. That'll be what you tell us next. 

When you sign up to be a HC, you can barely spend time with your wife and kids. We've heard the stories. We may not think that's great, but that is how it is. So his wife as she said was home babysitting the kids, didn't even get a visit, yet it's the grandkids he went to "see" but couldn't spend much time with them before going clubbing. If I was his grandkid, why even bother (and use me as an excuse to go thumbing).

But like Bfine said, the issue wasn't going thumbing, it was not being with your young heartbroken team. That's not good leadership if you know anything about leadership.

You need to read better. I didn's say he went to see his grandkids, I said "did he go clubbing, or did he go see his grandkids then go to his business later" I don't know what he did, nor does anyone on this board. If he stayed in town to party, I don't support that. If he stayed in town to see his family, then went out later after they were in bed, I have no problem with it. That's my opinion, Your's differs, but they are both just opinions. Frankly, I don't give a crap what Jacksonville's coach does.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 05:57 PM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: I don't think Joe Burrow is sleeping on plane trips home after a game. He is looking a plays on his tablet and looking ahead to the next opponent and how he can make this team better. Coach that has lost four straight should be doing the same.

Yeah, and he's most likely doing that with his QB coach and Offensive Co-ordinator, not the HC.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 10:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, and he's most likely doing that with his QB coach and Offensive Co-ordinator, not the HC.

Is that what you player friends told you. The QB doesn't speak with the HC on the flights home? 

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 05:57 PM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: I don't think Joe Burrow is sleeping on plane trips home after a game. He is looking a plays on his tablet and looking ahead to the next opponent and how he can make this team better. Coach that has lost four straight should be doing the same.

not sure you want meyer on the plane next to you after you see that video of what he does with his hands lol
Reply/Quote
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-jaguars-players-coaches-fed-up-with-urban-meyer-on-and-off-field-173919802.html

You may hate Zac, but I'll take him all day over this tool

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-jaguars-players-coaches-fed-up-with-urban-meyer-on-and-off-field-173919802.html

You may hate Zac, but I'll take him all day over this tool

Urban is a flat out joke in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 02:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: More importantly, who is the blonde?

I can assure everyone it wasn't me. I'm not blonde and I have no ass to speak of and I no longer live in the area.. And if some guy stuck his fingers up my ass he better be a surgeon treating me for colon cancer or something while I'm out cold.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
IMO Urban was second only to Saban in his ability to recruit, develop, and coach a dominant D1 powerhouse. He just so happens to be a fairly poor judge of character and lacks any sense of personal accountability. I wonder of he's going to lose credibility even on the college level after this year's abortion of a debut as a NFL HC.

There were a ton of major college jobs open this year, and props to him for not bailing like Petrino when he likely had the chance. That said, would any AD with a reasonably equivalent option take Urban to be the face of his program at this point? He's a garbage example of integrity and he's highly likely to get your program some media scrutiny at the very least at some point in his tenure. If the situation get too hot, he's going to fold like a Big Lots lawn chair and say that his wife made him do it or that he wants to hang out with his grandkids or some such shit.

His act is so predictable and played out at this point that you almost have to expect it to end poorly.
Reply/Quote
This idiot clearly still thinks he’s coaching college kids…

Reply/Quote