Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urge to get outdoors
Managed to spend about 45 minutes on the shore of a local lake this afternoon.

[Image: Owg6hsMkyP7ANe3N8CBolszi6r1-oWs84Xhs9d7N...a00fd0516d]

Not much was biting, but caught this little fella about halfway through.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 07:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Managed to spend about 45 minutes on the shore of a local lake this afternoon.

Just the right fit. Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 07:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Managed to spend about 45 minutes on the shore of a local lake this afternoon.

Hey, you caught a largemouth minnow!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

Shame that you didn't have more time.  Caught a nice bait for a bass.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Took 7 people (4 adults 3 kids) fishing on our 17 ft boat after work. It was too crowded for me to fish, but Mom had a housefull of family visiting from out of town and they need me to put in the boat.

We are going again in the morning. Too hot when the sun is out. We are fishing in the backwaters of Norris lake betwen some mountains. In the evenings half the water is in shade by 6 but you have daylight til 9. But the fishing is still best in the mornings.

Some guys around here fish at night in the summer, but I can't stand the bugs.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 09:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Just the right fit. Ninja

(06-15-2018, 09:10 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Hey, you caught a largemouth minnow!

(06-15-2018, 09:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Shame that you didn't have more time.  Caught a nice bait for a bass.

To get anything bigger in that lake, you have to go to a different side or be out in a boat, and I didn't have time to hike to a more distant spot. I fish mostly inline spinners (Mepps) and caught this on a panfish/trout lure (plain Aglia #0), so I'll take it. LOL

Also, first fish caught in over ten years, gotta start somewhere!
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 01:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: To get anything bigger in that lake, you have to go to a different side or be out in a boat, and I didn't have time to hike to a more distant spot. I fish mostly inline spinners (Mepps) and caught this on a panfish/trout lure (plain Aglia #0), so I'll take it. LOL

Also, first fish caught in over ten years, gotta start somewhere!

I was just kidding with you.  Glad you finally got some outdoor time, and got a line in the water.   Cool
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 06:13 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I was just kidding with you.  Glad you finally got some outdoor time, and got a line in the water.   Cool

I know, just enjoying talking about this stuff. Nice break from politics. Cool

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 11:06 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: When I was younger, I spent a lot of time outdoors. Then I got a "real job" and a wife (who doesn't like the outdoors much) and then that dropped off. The past couple of years, though, I've just had this itch to get back out there. Over the weekend, I got a fishing license and now it's all I can think about. I know of a nearby lake where I can go sit with a cooler of beer and fish all damn day. It's all I can think about doing right now. Makes work difficult.

Anyone else had those times where they just couldn't think of anything else than fishing, or really any other outdoor activity, and it made work so difficult?
Well now I do !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My week long staycation began this morning.

[Image: liKlRFW.jpg]

Bright and early to watch the sunrise.

[Image: DmCV5eQ.jpg]

And catch a better fish than before. LOL

Reply/Quote
Good deal.... I love crappie fishing. Not many things I’d rather be doing.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 10:04 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: My week long staycation began this morning.

[Image: liKlRFW.jpg]

Bright and early to watch the sunrise.

[Image: DmCV5eQ.jpg]

And catch a better fish than before. LOL
Nice! I used to fish and swim like crazy, till I went off to college. Being outside away from people is what I find helps me the most. After a long deployment, I would take 2 weeks and fly to Ohio, my parents, and just basically romp thru the woods and creeks that I did growing up. My escape you could say.
Reply/Quote
I wanna go fishing now.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 06:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I wanna go fishing now.

I'm hitting the lake tomorrow morning, again. Got some frog lures to hit that vegetation with that you see in the sunrise picture. Then I picked up some more swimbaits to hit another area of the lake; they seemed to really dig those last time.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2018, 11:23 PM)Beaker Wrote: Going to be heading to Colorado next week. Taking my daughter and her best friend. Our agenda:

Riding ATVs
Sand boarding in Sand Dunes Natl Park
Swimming in the hot springs pool
Painting the mountains
real drive in movie
Hunting Prairie Dogs
Grilling out with grass fed beef from my aunts cattle

We are all looking forward to it.

Sand Dunes Natl Park is amazing.  Once a year we throw paddle tires on the MX's and have a blast down there.  
Reply/Quote
Y'all giving me shit about my dinks, well, here was my fish from yesterday.
[Image: tuutga009ep11.jpg?width=576&s=165463129e...cfd2d806a2]

5.04 pounds, 22.25 inches long. Actually qualifies as a Virginia trophy fish because of the length.

[Image: 9dsjxelmydp11.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Went to Zion NP in Utah with the boys. Snapped this photo. Absolutely awesome place.

[Image: _wgSfwkjsCE0mH5_uUEqTCiGFXbEl6qQGfXEYb0O...50-k-rw-no]
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote