Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use of Tight Ends after last nite.
(10-01-2021, 10:23 AM)Au165 Wrote: In empty they expect every player on the field to be able to line up at any spot. Uzomah ended up in a spot where they hadn't practiced that play with him in that spot before but they had practiced the play. 

As to the thread some of it was happenstance, the scramble drill was not necessarily planned for him and obviously the jail break was a check from a different play. I think his other touchdwon was a slide concept so that planned to go to a TE and we have ran that previously in other games this season just not for a TD. In reality, Uzomah was the benefactor of Higgins being out and needing a 3rd option. I don't think he will remain as involved going forward when Higgins returns but I think he provides a threat if we need to get to him we can and be successful. 

This.  Higgins being out caused a few more plays to be pushed to another receiver.  I liked the Tate slant and the Irvin back shoulder throw too.

Burrow threw some dimes in this game.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:22 AM)EatonFan Wrote: This.  Higgins being out caused a few more plays to be pushed to another receiver.  I liked the Tate slant and the Irvin back shoulder throw too.

Burrow threw some dimes in this game.

He's way down on the depth chart, but I'd love to see Irwin get some more looks. I think he can easily move into #4 or 5.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:13 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: This applies to TATE.

If you use him, he'll do great things. Tate is technically a TE-WR hybrid.

I like Tate a lot, but he is nowhere near the blocker of Sample or Uzo nor can he run guys over, but I do really like him as WR #4.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like Tate a lot, but he is nowhere near the blocker of Sample or Uzo nor can he run guys over, but I do really like him as WR #4.  

Notice when they went heavy on running plays Tate was always the single WR split out wide. Kind of an interesting thing to keep an eye later on in the year. Could see a PA shot off that since they have only ran out of that formation so far. 
Reply/Quote
Uzomah went off last night. Really respect the hard work and dedication he put in to come back from an Achilles rupture.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: Notice when they went heavy on running plays Tate was always the single WR split out wide. Kind of an interesting thing to keep an eye later on in the year. Could see a PA shot off that since they have only ran out of that formation so far. 

That has been my rallying cry since 2009.   They need a PA shot out of the unbalanced line formation with 3 OTs.  

Interestingly, there was a really good play by a Jags DB (not sure who it was but I will catch on rewatch) where he had Tate outside, and he came off Tate immediately and blew up a short pass to Boyd.  If Burrow pump-faked him at all, Tate is running free upfield absolutely alone.  

That DB left Tate IMMEDIATELY, when he spotted Boyd's route, before Burrow threw the ball, and he had no help over the top.  It was a great play, but they need to know that a pump fake would have been an easy TD.  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 08:24 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I wonder if Taylor will now incorporate the use of Bengals tight ends more after CJ Uzomah showed out a little bit last night?

Well with Higgins out again I think that happened a bit more.. with 3 very good WRs plus good catching RBs only so many balls to go around but good to know CJ is dependable with good hands
Reply/Quote
They haven’t been using the tight ends enough this season. After Uzo’s first catch I made a comment about how they needed to start spreading the ball out more to tight ends and backs to be more balanced. Was good to see Uzo get some action. He’s clearly our best tight end.
Reply/Quote