Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Illegal Immigrants invade the border in Texas
(03-23-2024, 01:37 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not really, if it was flipped you'd be calling it "Genius"

Oh wow!  We have another board member who know what *I* would say or do better than me!  I'd be flattered but....the company that you keep and all that jazz.

Maybe focus more on how the gop is saying the quiet part out loud and less on me. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 01:37 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not really, if it was flipped you'd be calling it "Genius"

I'm sorry, I thought you were against using border security as a political tool. If you approve of this strategy then it just shows that you don't care about border security and only care about it as an issue to run on. Point blank.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Seeing how the situations in a lot of those countries south of the border won't be getting any better (if not worse), including the one directly south, we need a giant sized Game of Thrones wall for the coming decades.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 04:34 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Seeing how the situations in a lot of those countries south of the border won't be getting any better (if not worse), including the one directly south, we need a giant sized Game of Thrones wall for the coming decades.

I disagree. Given that we indirectly, or in some cases directly, are responsible for some of the problems they are escaping I think it is very irresponsible to take that approach.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 05:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I disagree. Given that we indirectly, or in some cases directly, are responsible for some of the problems they are escaping I think it is very irresponsible to take that approach.

Well we could just invade and take over those countries, including Mexico. Wipe out the gangs and cartels in the process. Work our way to Panama, and then just have to watch the Canal which is far shorter in distance to secure.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 09:38 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm sorry, I thought you were against using border security as a political tool. If you approve of this strategy then it just shows that you don't care about border security and only care about it as an issue to run on. Point blank.

LOL.
I am against using it, but if Biden wins, how much worse will it get? Also we don't know what else was offered. 

It's easy to let the headliners pinch a section and make it appear like the greatest thing in the world, that is until you view the fine print.

And Biden brought this upon himself. WE knew it was out of control in year 1, year 2 was record breaking. And what did he do?
He's had ample time to have done something but really hasn't done nada, and sadly i don't trust anything that he says about it now.
He's the one that has allowed it to be a political crisis at this point. And if there is anything he does now, he will likely undo it if he wins. So yea i have no faith in him that he genuinely wants to fix it with out putting Immigrants first over USC's
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 06:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LOL.
I am against using it, but if Biden wins, how much worse will it get? Also we don't know what else was offered. 

It's easy to let the headliners pinch a section and make it appear like the greatest thing in the world, that is until you view the fine print.

So, the bipartisan bill the Senate came up with that the GOP tanked at Trump's direction for purely political reasons gave the GOP much of what they were asking for on immigration. So yeah, justify the hypocritical stance all you like.

(03-23-2024, 06:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And Biden brought this upon himself. WE knew it was out of control in year 1, year 2 was record breaking. And what did he do?
He's had ample time to have done something but really hasn't done nada, and sadly i don't trust anything that he says about it now.
He's the one that has allowed it to be a political crisis at this point. And if there is anything he does now, he will likely undo it if he wins. So yea i have no faith in him that he genuinely wants to fix it with out putting Immigrants first over USC's

Actually, he has done a lot of things within his authority, but his authority only stretches so far when Congress won't appropriate the resources needed to do more. The cry that Biden has all this power to do these things unilaterally is just flat out wrong.

ICE and Border Patrol are working their asses off to enforce the law and doing it without the resources they need because Congress is too busy showing Hunter's wang to the world to pass a budget.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 07:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, the bipartisan bill the Senate came up with that the GOP tanked at Trump's direction for purely political reasons gave the GOP much of what they were asking for on immigration. So yeah, justify the hypocritical stance all you like.

Actually, he has done a lot of things within his authority, but his authority only stretches so far when Congress won't appropriate the resources needed to do more. The cry that Biden has all this power to do these things unilaterally is just flat out wrong.

ICE and Border Patrol are working their asses off to enforce the law and doing it without the resources they need because Congress is too busy showing Hunter's wang to the world to pass a budget.

Did you read the bill? It was a terrible bill, it would have ended up costing more money to defend that it would have done anything for helping. 
ACLU would have been all over it for not allowing immigrants their due process. Even Dems were shooting it down.

Biden hasn't done an EO in regards to Immigration since May of 21. 
Ones prior to that were reversing Trumps work, and fast tracking Citizenship for immigrants. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 07:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Did you read the bill? It was a terrible bill, it would have ended up costing more money to defend that it would have done anything for helping. 
ACLU would have been all over it for not allowing immigrants their due process. Even Dems were shooting it down.

I did, and it wouldn't surprise me that the ACLU would have been all over it because, well, most of the policies the GOP wants to pass for immigration would be opposed by the ACLU.

(03-23-2024, 07:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Biden hasn't done an EO in regards to Immigration since May of 21. 
Ones prior to that were reversing Trumps work, and fast tracking Citizenship for immigrants. 

You know that EOs are a small percentage of the policies enacted by the executive branch, right? Like, less than 1% small.

Reply/Quote