Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Utah parents complained a HS athlete might be transgender after she beat daughter
I'm old enough to remember when conservatives bitched and moaned about "participation" trophies and if you lost just suck it up.

Or when they called anyone who complained "snowflakes" who weren't "tough enough" to survive in the world.

Now they all complain when they lose and they want to see a HS girl's private parts because there is NO WAY their daughters lost by that much.

Fear and hate is all they have to offer.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2022/08/18/utah-parents-complained-high/

[/url]
Quote:By Courtney Tanner
[url=https://www.sltrib.com/author/ctanner]

| Aug. 18, 2022, 12:45 p.m.
| Updated: 3:12 p.m.

A Utah school investigated a high school athlete — digging into her records back to kindergarten — after she defeated two other girls and their parents then questioned whether she was transgender.

School officials never told the winning student and her family about the review of her student file “to keep the matter private,” said David Spatafore, the spokesperson for the Utah High School Activities Association.

But it came after the parents of the second and third place finishers filed a complaint with UHSAA, which oversees high school sports in the state. The girl won first place in a competition last year “by a wide margin,” Spatafore said during a legislative hearing Wednesday on transgender athletes.

The association often gets complaints, including “when an athlete doesn’t look feminine enough,” he said, adding that it looks into each one. In this case, the school did an initial review of the winning student’s high school record and saw she was registered as a female student.

Spatafore said the UHSAA then instructed the school to dig further “to double check.” School officials called her middle school and elementary school to look at her file, he noted.

“The school went back to kindergarten,” Spatafore said, “and she’d always been a female.”

“If someone has been a female since kindergarten,” he added, it’s likely they didn’t transition genders.

Spatafore said he would not reveal the winning student’s grade, school or sport to protect her identity. But he used the example to show lawmakers that the association has responded to and investigated complaints regarding transgender athletes and that it intends to follow the new law now banning them from playing on girls sports teams in Utah high schools.

It raised questions, though, about how far the association will go in looking at private student records — and not involving the family when a concern is raised.

Spatafore said the student and her family weren’t told because it might be offensive or embarrassing that someone thought the girl was transgender; he said she wasn’t told to protect her. The parents would’ve been involved “if needed,” Spatafore said. But he felt the school was able to clear up concerns by looking at her records instead.

“If all of the questions about eligibility were answered by the school or the feeder system schools, there was no reason to make it a personal situation with a family or that athlete,” he added.
Lawmakers didn’t question the process.

But Sue Robbins, a member of the Transgender Advisory Council of Equality Utah, says there should be questions about it. UHSAA doesn’t currently have a written policy on when and how it investigates students’ records and who is told. It should, she said.

“Where does the UHSAA get their authority to go investigate? Where is it in their policy? If they’re just going to do it when they’re yelled at,” Robbins said, parents will start accusing everyone. “If they’re going to examine a level of records without telling the athlete, they should have a policy behind it. Otherwise, what constrains their behavior?”

Robbins acknowledged some of the social implications of letting an athlete know about an investigation, causing concern and possible isolation. “It can be harmful from that perspective,” she said.

But it’s also a concern for invasion of privacy without telling them, she believes.
Robbins wants UHSAA to think about the issue further and draft a process.

“We warned about this being a possibility, that everyone would accuse everyone who is successful of being transgender,” she said. “It becomes about judging women’s bodies. And no body is safe.”

Utah Gov. Spencer Cox also addressed a question from reporters on the issue during his monthly news conference Thursday. He said the complaint from the parents causes him concern.

“My goodness, we’re living in this world where we’ve become sore losers, and we’re looking for any reason why our kid lost,” he said. “I have a real problem with that story. ... I just wish we could be a little more thoughtful in life and a little less critical of other people.”

Cox originally vetoed the ban on transgender girls playing on girls teams earlier this year. And though he said Thursday that he appreciates fairness in sports, “making up allegations like that are pretty disturbing to me.”
He said parents, including himself, often get overly involved when their kids are competing. He said he’s yelled at referees before. But the complaint, the governor added, crossed a line.

The complaint came last year, when the UHSAA had a process for transgender athletes that required them to register as transgender and be on a year of hormone blockers before they could compete on a team that was not their sex assigned at birth.

Many parents raised complaints, Spatafore said, accusing other students of being transgender and having an advantage. None turned out to be verified.

The state had one registered transgender female athlete competing last year on a girls team, he said.

This year, after a law passed by the Legislature took effect in July — overriding Cox’s veto — transgender girls are banned from playing on girls teams in high school.

That’s currently being challenged in court by three transgender girls who want to play with girls. If a judge grants an injunction, then a commission will go into effect and will make decisions on which transgender girls can compete. The members are set to evaluate a transgender player’s wingspan, weight and height — and whether a girl is taking hormone blockers — to determine if she might have an unfair advantage, according to the Legislature’s plan.

Kera Birkeland, R-Morgan, who sponsored the legislation banning transgender girls from competing on girls teams, said she wants UHSAA to enforce the law. She said she worked for two years writing the bill and is frustrated by any effort not to comply.

“Despite the fact that a judge might be ruling or someone is suing, this is the law,” she said. Not following it, “undermines our process of trying to create process and laws.”
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure this whole "all participants in female student athletics must have their genitals inspected" notion is being tossed out there so it's most ardent supporters can be duped into sitting across from Chris Hansen at some point.

You think high school sports parents are bad now? Wait 'til the loud dad in the crowd has a daughter who crosses the finish line 7th and demands to see 6 teenage girls vaginas RIGHT NOWWWWWW!!!!!!!! That's it...I'm calling Matt Gatez!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure this whole "all participants in female student athletics must have their genitals inspected" notion is being tossed out there so it's most ardent supporters can be duped into sitting across from Chris Hansen at some point.

You think high school sports parents are bad now? Wait 'til the loud dad in the crowd has a daughter who crosses the finish line 7th and demands to see 6 teenage girls vaginas RIGHT NOWWWWWW!!!!!!!! That's it...I'm calling Matt Gatez!!!!

I read the parent’s demand in Randy Marsh’s voice.
Reply/Quote
Where does it say they are conservatives? (Admittedly I skimmed the article)Also I’m pretty sure plenty of liberals laugh at participation trophies.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 09:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm old enough to remember when conservatives bitched and moaned about "participation" trophies and if you lost just suck it up.

Or when they called anyone who complained "snowflakes" who weren't "tough enough" to survive in the world.

Now they all complain when they lose and they want to see a HS girl's private parts because there is NO WAY their daughters lost by that much.

Fear and hate is all they have to offer.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2022/08/18/utah-parents-complained-high/

Wonder how far back we can go with these investigations.

When I was a freshmen in track, I was aced out of a 5th place ribbon in the 440 at a meet in Baker, MT, by a decidedly feminine looking guy. 
That was in spring of 1966. The government needs to start reviewing his records going back at lest that far. Social justice. 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 08:29 PM)Dill Wrote: Wonder how far back we can go with these investigations.

When I was a freshmen in track, I was aced out of a 5th place ribbon in the 440 at a meet in Baker, MT, by a decidedly feminine looking guy. 
That was in spring of 1966. The government needs to start reviewing his records going back at lest that far. Social justice. 

I played co ed soccer back in the day, apparently I should have spent most of my time on the pitch declaring that every female who knew a soccer ball from a hole in the ground had a penis until proven otherwise.  Thank god we've come to our senses these days. I must have looked like an idiot out there not screaming about possible penises.

We just need godly volunteers now who would rather make a thousand biological girls drop their drawers than to let a single trans kid get away with winning in a school sport. 
Reply/Quote
Having a daughter.

I’d hate for her to lose her spot on a team, chance at varsity, or to start/get a college scholarship etc, because a man who now identifies as a woman took her spot.

What can they do to make sure that dosent happen? Doesn’t seem fair
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 01:46 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Having a daughter.

I’d hate for her to lose her spot on a team, chance at varsity, or to start/get a college scholarship etc, because a man who now identifies as a woman took her spot.

What can they do to make sure that dosent happen?  Doesn’t seem fair

How would you feel if she won something and people who don't even know you or her demanded to see her nether regions to confirm that she doesn't have a penis?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 01:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How would you feel if she won something and people who don't even know you or her demanded to see her nether regions to confirm that she doesn't have a penis?

Well, she has a birth certificate, which you have to provide for school.  So they can check that.  Or I can give them a copy. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 01:58 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Well, she has a birth certificate, which you have to provide for school.  So they can check that.  Or I can give them a copy. 

The internet is for roleplaying, or so I've been told so let's pretend I have a daughter and your daughter beats my daughter in a race because my daughter is a beta loser like her ol' man.

OK...so your daughter won and I'm just saying in the interest of integrity we should simply confirm that she isn't a male competing in a female sport.  We want things to be fair and honest right?

Also, birth certificates can be forged and you are her father and have financial motivation to lie in order to get her a scholarship so I don't buy your current form of proof.  Now what?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The internet is for roleplaying, or so I've been told so let's pretend I have a daughter and your daughter beats my daughter in a race because my daughter is a beta loser like her ol' man.

OK...so your daughter won and I'm just saying in the interest of integrity we should simply confirm that she isn't a male competing in a female sport.  We want things to be fair and honest right?

Also, birth certificates can be forged and you are her father and have financial motivation to lie in order to get her a scholarship so I don't buy your current form of proof.  Now what?

You have to provide a valid birth certificate to enroll in school or play sports. 

That is what I would show them, and it would be over.  It would actually already have been vetted before the season started.

My kids need a birth certificate to play 6 year old baseball, lol.  Not very hard. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:04 PM)ATOTR Wrote: You have to provide a valid birth certificate to enroll in school or play sports. 

That is what I would show them, and it would be over. 

My kids need a ***** certificate to play 6 year old baseball, lol.  Not very hard. 

I'm not convinced the birth certificate is real.  A lot of people say you can get some pretty convincing faked documents, and I don't really trust a public schools administration to know what they are looking at if they are even still ALLOWED to question a child's biological sex. Your daughter, like many other surface level female athletes COULD be a male and be masquerading as a female in order to win at sports.  You don't need to get defensive, I'm just saying in the interest of fairness you should be willing to provide some evidence beyond a piece of paper that could easily be faked.

I'm not saying her birth certificate is fake, but that is something that can be forged, you agree to that, right?  
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The internet is for roleplaying, or so I've been told so let's pretend I have a daughter and your daughter beats my daughter in a race because my daughter is a beta loser like her ol' man.

Hang on - You are now making up that you have a daughter, and saying that birth certificates can be forged, and making up imaginary races to try and prove a point?  Why check anyones ID or Passport or Info - It can always all be forged.  Better  cancel drivers licenses and airplane boarding. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not convinced the birth certificate is real.  A lot of people say you can get some pretty convincing faked documents, and I don't really trust a public schools administration to know what they are looking at if they are even still ALLOWED to question a child's biological sex. Your daughter, like many other surface level female athletes COULD be a male and be masquerading as a female in order to win at sports.  You don't need to get defensive, I'm just saying in the interest of fairness you should be willing to provide some evidence beyond a piece of paper that could easily be faked.

I'm not saying her birth certificate is fake, but that is something that can be forged, you agree to that, right?  

They can check with the hospital if need be.  Not up to me to provide anything more.  This is such a dumb argument. you didnt even answer my original question.   You just replied with spam, making up fake situations and children you dont have, and saying documents can be forged.  LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:08 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Hang on - You are now making up that you have a daughter, and saying that birth certificates can be forged, and making up imaginary races to try and prove a point?  Why check anyones ID or Passport or Info - It can always all be forged.  Better  cancel drivers licenses and airplane boarding. 

Well, there is an easier way to determine the biological sex of a person...

(09-06-2022, 02:11 PM)ATOTR Wrote: They can check with the hospital if need be.  Not up to me to provide anything more.  This is such a dumb argument. you didnt even answer my original question.   You just replied with spam, making up fake situations and children you dont have, and saying documents can be forged.  LOL

Hospitals?  Pretty sure the whole covid thing showed how much people trust and believe what doctors and hospitals say.

ANyways, my lack of a daughter doesn't matter.  I can say it's one of my nieces or just that I'm a concerned citizen who wants to make sure that the competitive playing field is even for biological females everywhere.  What's wrong with that?  You seem to be really defensive about this for someone with nothing to hide...I'm just saying. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, there is an easier way to determine the biological sex of a person...

Hospitals?  Pretty sure the whole covid thing showed how much people trust and believe what doctors and hospitals say.

So according to you, now we cant trust birth certificates (Or any form of ID/Documentation) , or the birth records at the hospitals (Because of covid). LOL

Try and focus on my question:  Why would it be fair for a girl to lose her spot/scholarship on a team, because a man who now IDs as female took it from her. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:19 PM)ATOTR Wrote: So according to you, now we cant trust birth certificates (Or any form of ID/Documentation) , or the birth records at the hospitals (Because of covid). LOL

A lot of people are questioning birth certificates and the motives and possible bias and wokeness of "medical professionals."

(09-06-2022, 02:19 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Try and focus on my question:  Why would it be fair for a girl to lose her spot/scholarship on a team, because a man who now IDs as female took it from her. 

No, which is why any girl who wins needs to immediate prove she doesn't have a penis. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, which is why any girl who wins needs to immediate prove she doesn't have a penis. 

This is your thought.  And it is insane 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:22 PM)ATOTR Wrote: This is your thought.  And it is insane 

You think it's insane to demand that girls who excel at sports be required to display their genitals in order to assure the parents of competing girls who lost that their daughters didn't lose to biological males?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 02:29 PM)ATOTR Wrote: They had to provide their birth certificate to play.

Talking to you is like conversing with a mentally handicapped person.

No need to insult me, I just find it interesting that you place so much trust in a piece of paper when it comes to determining the biological sex of a person.  All it takes to convince you someone is a female is the letter "F" on a piece of paper.

That's fine, I'm just saying a lot of people aren't as satisfied with that level of evidence as you are.
Reply/Quote