Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Uzomah > Eifert?
Let's debate.

I believe so and its time that we consider CJ the TE standard to surpass for the next TE we draft/sign to start.

He is the standard bearer for Bengals TE's in the modern age going forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Let's debate.

I believe so and its time that we consider CJ the TE standard to surpass for the next TE we draft/sign to start.

I like CJ as a player but come on. He's not close to what Eifert was or what Eifert accomplished while with us. Eifert had more touchdowns in 2015 alone then CJ has in his entire career. 

Eifert had 5 years of 349+ yards. CJ has 1. 

They're both injury prone. I think CJ could be close to Eifert with the right play calling but that hasn't happened and to say he's better and the standard bearer seems extreme. 
Reply/Quote
No.

But he's not far off.

Eifert was always a competent blocker, but a great route runner, superb hands and knew how to use his body.

Ceej is a good blocker, not as crisp a route runner and while the hands aren't bad at all, they aren't as good as Eifert's and he's not as good at contested catches and using his body.

If you add in the injury factor, then perhaps Ceej is the better TE, but in terms of pure on-field ability and skills, Eifert is the better TE, beyond the shadow of a doubt.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I absolutely loved Tyler especially that 2015 season when he was top 5 in the league no doubt.

He would have been considered one of the best TE to ever play for the Bengals if he wasn't as injury prone as he was; I firmly believe that. CJ has been solid enough and has obviously has talent;just hope he can stay fit himself for the long run.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
No.

I like Uzomah, but he’s not even close to what Eifert was when healthy. Eifert was a 1st round Pro Bowler that scored 13 TD’s one year. Uzomah doesn’t have that many in all his 7 seasons combined.

Reply/Quote
Are we discrediting CJ for not getting the opportunities Eifert did in 2015? And if he did get the opportunity every game (as a receiver), could he match that production?

Was Eifert a "complete" TE? Or does he get the glory based off of him being a superior receiving TE? Should the standard be a complete TE?

Reply/Quote
7 years 1200 yards nothing to write home about Uzo is nothing special.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he's being hurt by the lack of usage. Not a difference in ability. Eifert had Hue who knew how to use talent. CJ only was with Hue 1 year and that was Hue's last year (when he had Eifert). If Hue was around in 2016 and Eifert was on the shelf (or not with the team). Are we saying CJ couldn't step in the role Eifert had? Couldn't score 13 td's in a full season?

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like he's being hurt by the lack of usage. Not a difference in ability. Eifert had Hue who knew how to use talent. CJ only was with Hue 1 year and that was Hue's last year (when he had Eifert).

He’s most likely not being used as much because of his lesser ability. Love CJ and I think he is great, but I’d rather him be out 2nd best TE and not our best.
Reply/Quote
Peak Eifert > Peak Uzomah

I don’t think that’s close.

If we view their careers holistically, I can vaguely see an argument. Uzomah *could* ascend to an Eifert level as Burrow continues to grow. I don’t think he’s there yet. I wouldn’t call the comparison entirely absurd.
Reply/Quote
Eifert was a beast down the seam, but we rarely try that throw that route with Uzomah whose yards after catch when given the opportunity points to his big play potential down the seam. That play left with Hue tho.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like he's being hurt by the lack of usage. Not a difference in ability. Eifert had Hue who knew how to use talent. CJ only was with Hue 1 year and that was Hue's last year (when he had Eifert). If Hue was around in 2016 and Eifert was on the shelf (or not with the team). Are we saying CJ couldn't step in the role Eifert had? Couldn't score 13 td's in a full season?

As I said in my post I think CJ has talent and I do think he can do a job for us. But just in sheer talent and football know how if you will, no comparison Eifert>Uzomah.

Reply/Quote
Are we overrating Eifert based off of 1 good year?

Reply/Quote
I like CJ a lot and I'm not quite sure why we haven't seen more of him but his ceiling is well below what eifers was and I don't think it's close.

The obvious problem with Eifter was he couldn't stay on the field and that's a big problem so we'll never really know what he could have been but I feel le in another situation and healthy he could have been one of the greats.

CJ is what he is. A good reliable guy and you need those guys on your team but not a guy that's going to put other teams on notice.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Are we discrediting CJ for not getting the opportunities Eifert did in 2015? And if he did get the opportunity every game (as a receiver), could he match that production?

Was Eifert a "complete" TE? Or does he get the glory based off of him being a superior receiving TE? Should the standard be a complete TE?

One could make the argument that in today's NFL, a pass catching TE is more valuable than a complete/blocking TE.

People consider Kelce, Waller, and Kittle to be the best TEs in the league right now, and it's primarily because of their pass catching contributions.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Are we overrating Eifert based off of 1 good year?

I don't think so.  It was pretty clear in other season he was the real deal.  He just didn't put up big numbers those seasons due to injury.  He was good Everytime he took the field.  He just couldn't stay on it.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Let's debate.

Tiger

What has he really done besides his job?
There isn't a team in this league that will game plan to stop CJ. Therefore its a position of weakness. At his pinnacle teams game planned to stop Eifert. Although all of ten minutes he was the best in stripes at the position since Rodney Hollman. imo
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:45 PM)motoarch Wrote: I don't think so.  It was pretty clear in other season he was the real deal.  He just didn't put up big numbers those seasons due to injury.  He was good Everytime he took the field.  He just couldn't stay on it.

Exactly. When Tyler could stay on the field he was exceptional. Unfortunately some players are just injury prone and he was that for us. As I said earlier in the thread I really do think if stayed healthy for a long period of time he could have been one of our best TE's ever alongside greats like Trumpy and Ross.

Reply/Quote
Eifert it's not even close.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Are we overrating Eifert based off of 1 good year?

Are you actually reading people's posts before throwing out these random sentences?

You keep asking questions, when literally a post or two above, are the answers to/opinions of said question (like how I mentioned their respective blocking abilities and then you ask if one is more complete than the other, 2 posts below).

Eifert is better than Ceej, period. Fact. Not debatable. The only real knock against Eifert, in comparison, is the injury factor.

Otherwise, I will take a C blocker, but B+ or higher in every other category, over the B blocker, but C to B in everything else player, every day of the week.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote