Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Uzomah > Eifert?
(10-26-2021, 01:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Eifert at the top of his game was better, and as much as I like CJ, it's not really close

This.

Eifert was not faster than CJ, but he could get in and out of his cuts and run routes like a WE.

I like Uzomah a lot, but if the Ravens could tackle he would not have had TD.
Reply/Quote
2 TD's. Let's not knock CJ for breaking tackles tho..... Especially since Eifert may have gotten hurt breaking those tackles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Eifert was not faster than CJ, but he could get in and out of his cuts and run routes like a WE.

Don’t discredit CJ breaking those tackles. We’ve seen Mixon and others get tackled by a lot worse arm tackling than CJ had on those plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 01:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I freely admit I was not a CJ Uzomah fan when he was drafted. I remember at the combine watching him move it looked so robotic and stiff you could see he wasn't a good route runner.

...but you can tell that isnt the case anymore. Watch this route vs Humphrey.

CJ releases inside but starts working his way to the sideline leaning into Humphrey which is what creates the separation he needed when he broke back to the post route.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/video/cant-miss-play-c-j-182435924.html

Always was super-athletic, even if he didn't look it (poor agility); huge size, good speed, great with hands on blocking and catching (and stiff-arming), he had the tools.

Hell, here's his RAS:

https://ras.football/2019/12/15/c-j-uzomah-ras-11760/

8.6/10? Not bad at all, even with the poor agility drills.

EDIT* Here's Eifert: https://ras.football/2019/12/17/tyler-eifert-ras-10953/

Better overall and better in agility; Eifert isn't as explosive from a stopped start, but he picks up speed.

To compare: https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=10953&p2=11760&pos=TE (I don't know why the scores changed lol).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Let's debate.

I believe so and its time that we consider CJ the TE standard to surpass for the next TE we draft/sign to start.

He is the standard bearer for Bengals TE's in the modern age going forward.

If he can stay on the field more than he's injured then yes!

Greatness, talent, and potential don't mean squat if you're on the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 01:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've said in the past CJ looks like he's running in molasses, when he's really not slow for a guy his size, he just looked like he's lumbering down the field. I swear he looks faster to me after his Achilles repair.

He does look "lumbering" when he runs lol, but love the dude...Gronk looked like that at times, and Kyle Rudolph looked slow and was slow, despite his effectiveness back in the day.   Uzomah has certainly epitomized the team chemistry narrative, and its great seeing him give the production he's given from the TE position. While Eifert was a more naturally gifted receiver,  when considering the intangibles into the equation, I wouldn't change a thing.   
Reply/Quote
I love what Ceej is doing this year, but tbh he's benefitted a lot from the play calling and Burrow audibles...whereas Eifert at his peak was just out-talenting guys. CJ is a capable and reliable guy who is stepping up when placed in good situations. Eifert felt more like an x-factor that changed the offense.

So, Eifert for sure, but it's not a huge gap anymore and at least CJ stays healthy for the most part. That's more important, tbh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 04:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: . . .  at least CJ stays healthy for the most part. That's more important, tbh.

Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No.

But he's not far off.

Eifert was always a competent blocker, but a great route runner, superb hands and knew how to use his body.

Ceej is a good blocker, not as crisp a route runner and while the hands aren't bad at all, they aren't as good as Eifert's and he's not as good at contested catches and using his body.

If you add in the injury factor, then perhaps Ceej is the better TE, but in terms of pure on-field ability and skills, Eifert is the better TE, beyond the shadow of a doubt.

What Truck said. Love what Uzo is doing now, but it sure took awhile and Burrow for it to start happening.

Eifert was so good in 2015 he was helping Dalton be in the MVP discussion. Rare talent, too bad his career was ruined by injury.

Was the best route runner at TE I had seen up until Waller and now Pitts.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 12:14 PM)TheFan Wrote: I like CJ as a player but come on. He's not close to what Eifert was or what Eifert accomplished while with us. Eifert had more touchdowns in 2015 alone then CJ has in his entire career. 

IMO CJ is underutilized. I think he has more yards per catch than any TE and he's only been targeted 19 times. Caught 17 of those.

Absolute boss. Hate to say it as an LSU homer but when you have CJ you don't need Thad Moss. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

PFF ranked Marlon Humphrey as the number three cornerback in the league coming into 2021. If Uzomah can score a 55 yard touchdown against him he probably could have done it against anyone.
Reply/Quote
CJ is a big,tough,physical,TE that knows how to use the stiff-arm.Runs good routes,deceivably fast.And finally,underrated.Hope he has a big year.He’s worked really hard for it,coming off an injury and missing almost the entire season last year.He caught Joe Burrows first NFL touchdown.Just add him to the list of Joe Burrows other ELITE Receivers.Eifert was very talented,but couldn’t stay on the field for injuries.I’ll go with CJ,even though he was injured last year,he’s not injury prone for the most part.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 05:51 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: IMO CJ is underutilized. I think he has more yards per catch than any TE and he's only been targeted 19 times. Caught 17 of those.

Absolute boss. Hate to say it as an LSU homer but when you have CJ you don't need Thad Moss. 

I really hope they are working on Moss with the practice squad.

It sure would be nice to get him up to TE #2 status for this team eventually.

We can all dream...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No .... And cj is really good.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Nope, but that is something that can change and I really hope it does.
Reply/Quote