Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jalen Carter facing charges
I don't know. Certainly a dumb mistake and probably deserves the reckless driving. But I don't know how he could be held responsible for the other driver racing and wrecking. It seems as though that would be they're own choice to race in my opinion. He will probably fall a bit but this doesn't seem as bad as I originally thought.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 07:48 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I don't know. Certainly a dumb mistake and probably deserves the reckless driving. But I don't know how he could be held responsible for the other driver racing and wrecking. It seems as though that would be they're own choice to race in my opinion. He will probably fall a bit but this doesn't seem as bad as I originally thought.

The problem is... he had flags before this incident.  I think people were able to overlook some of those issues due to his talent, but now he's added another layer to it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know fans are gonna hammer the kid for this but I sure as hell couldn't. Fast and Furious came out between my sophomore and junior years in high school. Street racing became a big thing that summer.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 08:38 PM)Synric Wrote: I know fans are gonna hammer the kid for this but I sure as hell couldn't. Fast and Furious came out between my sophomore and junior years in high school. Street racing became a big thing that summer.

There's a big double standard because of the tragic outcome.  What he did was stupid.  At the same time, I've been guilty of it when I was that age.  A lot of people have.  It's just that nobody crashed or died when I did it.  Same with DUI's.  A lot of people that will demand the book be thrown at someone who causes a serious accident have been out on the roads over the limit before, but determined themselves to be ok to drive.
Reply/Quote
Makes you really question the decision making skills. And when it comes time to cut multi million dollar checks to an early 20s male to do a job... Bad "life" decision making skills is a big red flag.

Reckless driving and racing. Only misdemeanors it says. Wouldn't want to see the kid get ruined because of it, sounds like some major traffic tickets. Wouldn't be surprised if they have video. If guilty he should probably own up and take his license suspension and fines I'd imagine, learn from it and move on. The deaths, public shame, and presumed loss of money is punishment enough so I wouldn't want to see him get railroaded.
Reply/Quote
It's too bad. He's suppose to be better than Jordan Davis and Devonte Wyatt. I remember many on this board wanted Wyatt last year even with all of his red flags.
Reply/Quote
Latest he goes is 10 to the Eagles, but I'd still be shocked if he slipped out of the top 5.

And, yes, I would draft him without batting an eye at 28.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 09:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Latest he goes is 10 to the Eagles, but I'd still be shocked if he slipped out of the top 5.

And, yes, I would draft him without batting an eye at 28.

If Jalen Carter fell into the late teens he would be a definite trade up candidate from 28.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The kid wouldn't be on my draft board and hopefully not the Bengals. This is his 4th speeding violation during this school year alone. The one prior was for 89 in a 45. I heard a UGA homer on the radio trying to defend him yesterday by saying he didn't think the prior offenses were so bad because "Kirby Smart didn't even suspend him". I had to pull the car over.

This is not a one-time mistake; he continued to make the same mistak untill people were killed. If he would have done the same thing (participating in streeet racing and leaving the scene of a collision with resulted in deadth) one state further south he'd be facing a Felony One Charge. If he's doing this in school SUVs, what do folks think he's going to do when he's a millionaire and can afford a high-performance vehicle
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2023, 12:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The kid wouldn't be on my draft board and hopefully not the Bengals. This is his 4th speeding violation during this school year alone. The one prior was for 89 in a 45. I heard a UGA homer on the radio trying to defend him yesterday by saying he didn't think the prior offenses were so bad because "Kirby Smart didn't even suspend him". I had to pull the car over.

This is not a one-time mistake; he continued to make the same mistak untill people were killed. If he would have done the same thing (participating in streeet racing and leaving the scene of a collision with resulted in deadth) one state further south he'd be facing a Felony One Charge. If he's doing this in school SUVs, what do folks think he's going to do when he's a millionaire and can afford a high-performance vehicle

I’d rather avoid the headache and get Kancey instead
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 07:48 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I don't know. Certainly a dumb mistake and probably deserves the reckless driving. But I don't know how he could be held responsible for the other driver racing and wrecking. It seems as though that would be they're own choice to race in my opinion. He will probably fall a bit but this doesn't seem as bad as I originally thought.

If they were racing against each other & he got in front of her/ran her off the road, he very much could be. IDK if that is what happened or not, but ynder those circumstances, it could get worse. Way worse. He fled the scene (though later returned) and lied about his involvement. That dies not help. 

He did nada vs Wypler in the SF game.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 09:50 PM)Synric Wrote: If Jalen Carter fell into the late teens he would be a definite trade up candidate from 28.

Good, I disagree with you on something. Multiple times to me is a no for many reasons, if he fell to 28 and our coaches and FO talked
to him and were assured? Maybe, but trading up for this guy? Hell no, I like Bresee better anyways and maybe Kansey the closer we get
to the Draft.
Reply/Quote
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35865573/georgia-dt-jalen-carter-9-lbs-heavier-struggles-pro-day

This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

The guy did nothing but positional drills at his pro day and was so out of shape he was cramping up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35865573/georgia-dt-jalen-carter-9-lbs-heavier-struggles-pro-day

The guy did nothing but positional drills at his pro day and was so out of shape he was cramping up.

That was probably the most painful pro day/combine performance I have seen. I say this in context of having watched the shit show that OBjr's combine performance. This wasn't Andre Smith moobs, it was complete physical unreadiness. I fully expect a team to take him in the 1st based on his tape but the landslide of red flags here is stunning.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35865573/georgia-dt-jalen-carter-9-lbs-heavier-struggles-pro-day

If the guy let himself go that badly since the NC game, just imagine how he might look left completely to his own devices for an entire offseason with a pocket full of money?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Is it possible he falls out of the first round?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 02:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Prison. Likely 18 months at least if he was intoxicated. 

He's charged with 2 misdemeanors, racing and reckless driving. You do not go to prison on misdemeanor charges and they have a maximum time of 1 year. Now the Judge could say he has to serve those sentences consecutively, but he won't. Unless they upgrade the charges, he'll likely get a few months at most, a fine and a crap ton of community service. 
Reply/Quote