Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacation ideas
Has anyone ever visited Ireland before? Scotland? I've been batting this idea around in my head for a while now. It'd be a dream, once in a lifetime kind of trip. But it'd be pretty neat to see where my ancestors came from. Just wondering if anyone has ever gone over there before.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:39 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Has anyone ever visited Ireland before? Scotland? I've been batting this idea around in my head for a while now. It'd be a dream, once in a lifetime kind of trip. But it'd be pretty neat to see where my ancestors came from. Just wondering if anyone has ever gone over there before.

That's on my bucket list. I've visited a ton of places in the U.S., but I have done much international travel. This is actually one of the few places outside the U.S. that I'd really like to go at the moment.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I've only landed in Ireland for refueling. I will say the cliffs are amazing. Would definitely love to spend a while longer.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I've not been myself, but my folks have been to Ireland and Scotland... They raved about Ireland.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:39 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Has anyone ever visited Ireland before?  Scotland?  I've been batting this idea around in my head for a while now. It'd be a dream, once in a lifetime kind of trip. But it'd be pretty neat to see where my ancestors came from.  Just wondering if anyone has ever gone over there before.

wouldn't mind a trip to Ireland...

But would love a Germany/Amsterdam trip
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 11:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: wouldn't mind a trip to Ireland...

But would love a Germany/Amsterdam trip

Amsterdam would be fun too. Heard they've really cut back on their amenities though. Germany would also be amazing! Especially during Oktoberfest.

Have no desire to see Paris, Spain or anything in Italy unless its Rome and Pompeii.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 11:48 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Amsterdam would be fun too. Heard they've really cut back on their amenities though. Germany would also be amazing! Especially during Oktoberfest.

Have no desire to see Paris, Spain or anything in Italy unless its Rome and Pompeii.

Paris is cooler than you think... A lot of dog shit there though. I don't know why that stood out to me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I recommend just doing it. Save your money and go! I have been to all 7 continents. Life is all about the experiences. Travelling is an amazing way to experience life.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:39 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Has anyone ever visited Ireland before?  Scotland?  I've been batting this idea around in my head for a while now. It'd be a dream, once in a lifetime kind of trip. But it'd be pretty neat to see where my ancestors came from.  Just wondering if anyone has ever gone over there before.

Don't know Ireland, but Scotland is worth a trip. If you like the whole lonely Highlands flair, which I guess is not for everyone. And Edinburgh is a pearl of a city.

Only bothersome thing are the bagpipes, a device used in Cuba on diplomats as far as I can guess. Sounds like stepping on a cat. Awful. But apart from that, Scotland is A+
Reply/Quote
I went to Edinburgh, Scotland for 1-2 weeks. I brought my drone with me. IIRC it's only a 5 hour flight from NYC. Go during the festival and you will be drunk daily, they drink all day and all night.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZV31fEVSEU

[Image: 11807262_10207360850966448_5599107999078...e=5A8676C5]

[Image: 11816211_10207362802455234_3228439324325...e=5A6C8B32]

[Image: 11845112_10207361018050625_2568688417751...e=5A3B6E6C]

[Image: 11855706_10207369892272475_2154198104238...e=5A3C4357]

[Image: 11807555_10207370190759937_4886358368851...e=5A6EC642]

[Image: 11864962_10207421184154740_5775424461814...e=5A83ADBF]
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've been to Spain, Germany, Canada, Mexico and Italy. I kinda like it right here. Although, I did have a pretty good drunken time in all of them and got away with more shit than I would here. I still love my good old USA!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Here in the last few minutes, seeing Iceland has shot to the top of my bucket list. Looks to be about the mist beautifull damn place on Earth.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I accidentally hitch hiked into Mexico years ago before all the screaming about border security.  That was fun before the cartels took over everything. I had no idea I was in Mexico at the time until all the signs were in Spanish. If it weren't for those darn bilingual Mexicans I would have probably never made it back..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'd bring my golf clubs there. That's for sure.
Reply/Quote
Been to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Stirling for a rugby tour in high school and, until last year, Edinburgh was my third favourite place in the world (after Toronto and Bassano del Grappa, Italy). Tokyo has now surpassed it as well, but its still a wonderful city.

I love the weather, the people are awesome and the food is significantly better IMO, than in England (though similar, obviously); Haggis is just divine, though I realise sheep offals stuffed in a sheep stomach is not everyone's cup of tea lol.

(10-15-2017, 10:55 PM)jason Wrote: Here in the last few minutes, seeing Iceland has shot to the top of my bucket list. Looks to be about the mist beautifull damn place on Earth.

I've wanted to go to Iceland since I was 12 and it looks like my fiancée and I will head there in late 2019/early 2020 (we have other places to go first lol).

Its a wonderful, safe and friendly country and naturally, it is indeed one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

EDIT*: and its cheap!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 10:55 PM)jason Wrote: Here in the last few minutes, seeing Iceland has shot to the top of my bucket list. Looks to be about the mist beautifull damn place on Earth.

(10-16-2017, 10:07 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Been to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Stirling for a rugby tour in high school and, until last year, Edinburgh was my third favourite place in the world (after Toronto and Bassano del Grappa, Italy). Tokyo has now surpassed it as well, but its still a wonderful city.

I love the weather, the people are awesome and the food is significantly better IMO, than in England (though similar, obviously); Haggis is just divine, though I realise sheep offals stuffed in a sheep stomach is not everyone's cup of tea lol.

I've wanted to go to Iceland since I was 12 and it looks like my fiancée and I will head there in late 2019/early 2020 (we have other places to go first lol).

Its a wonderful, safe and friendly country and naturally, it is indeed one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

EDIT*: and its cheap!

Iceland huh?  I would never have thought of going there before. 

What was Japan like?  I've thought about a vacation there too. 

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Iceland huh?  I would never have thought of going there before. 

Everything is better.

And I mean EVERYTHING; food, drink, people, urban planning, urban systems (trains, traffic, etc.), convenience of everyday items, convenience of tourist/holiday items, ease of access (for a country that has very little English posted, you'd be surprised), the list goes on.

Convenience store clerks have to stock the shelves themselves. The second a customer comes in the store, they drop what they're doing, go to the cash, greet the customer (even a foreigner) and wait until you leave the store, to continue their work, for example.

The service there is unparalleled, compared to anywhere else in the world.

Okinawa was phenomenal too, is you want a more American flavour (I believe they have something like 25 military bases or something, so there is a lot that caters to Americans).

Oh, and its cheaper than Western Europe too, especially with your guys' dollar.

The only real negative con, is that the people, while incredibly polite, helpful and nice, barely speak Engish and those who do, are VERY few and far between.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I've been to Tokyo also. If you want to travel approximately 2 years into the future, visit there. Probably my favorite place.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Iceland huh?  I would never have thought of going there before. 

My experience in Japan was awesome. A couple things that stuck with me:

The public toilets are better than most high-end private toilets in the states. Heated seats, bidet, air dry, and this is at McDonalds.

Restaurants you have pictures on the outside of the place with prices, then just take the ticket in and hand it to them. they give you a number.

I also got invited to a local house by a member of the Japanese Army.

[Image: 10398395_1181273139141_5237461_n.jpg?oh=...e=5A7F0144]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Check out Wow Air from CVG to Rejavik...$99 each way starting next year (May I think).
Reply/Quote