Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacation over.
Been on vacation this past week and haven’t worked in 9 days. Got a crap ton of work completed around the house (not all of it tho Mellow ). Spent some time with the wife (who was also off), tended to the dogs and did some routine maintenance on the Harley. Read a book and even started another. I drank 3 1/2 30 packs of Busch Light in the process (not bad had you known me from my younger years). Re-took the hazmat test for my license too (just waiting on feds to clear my fingerprints).

Ok, so why did I say all that stuff? Because it sucks that it’s over. All in all, a good week and a lot of stress relieved. Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You lost me at Busch Light. Sick
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2019, 09:10 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You lost me at Busch Light. Sick

I lost me a few times too. LOL

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2019, 09:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Been on vacation this past week and haven’t worked in 9 days. Got a crap ton of work completed around the house (not all of it tho Mellow ). Spent some time with the wife (who was also off), tended to the dogs and did some routine maintenance on the Harley. Read a book and even started another. I drank 3 1/2 30 packs of Busch Light in the process (not bad had you known me from my younger years). Re-took the hazmat test for my license too (just waiting on feds to clear my fingerprints).

Ok, so why did I say all that stuff? Because it sucks that it’s over. All in all, a good week and a lot of stress relieved. Cool

Glad you got to just relax!! Lol  Sometimes those are the best, a "stay-cation". I used to travel all the time, but the last couple of years I've only traveled to Ohio to see my aging parents. Anymore traveling is a pain in the ass. I always have to fly into Chicago for my connector to Toledo and without fail my flight is delayed by hours or overbooked..... I'm hoping to comeback later this summer, maybe I'll come visit for a beer or 2....
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 11:16 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Glad you got to just relax!! Lol  Sometimes those are the best, a "stay-cation". I used to travel all the time, but the last couple of years I've only traveled to Ohio to see my aging parents. Anymore traveling is a pain in the ass. I always have to fly into Chicago for my connector to Toledo and without fail my flight is delayed by hours or overbooked..... I'm hoping to comeback later this summer, maybe I'll come visit for a beer or 2....

Uh, I don't think Harley understands "a beer or 2".   Drunk
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Sometimes staycations are the best. Simply because you don't have to be on the clock, and can get to all of those things that you've been putting off. I know that when I do go away for vacation, I always schedule one extra day off, so that I can rest up to go back to work!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Action photo from Harley's vacation..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I dont have to go back to work until August 12. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 11:16 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm hoping to comeback later this summer, maybe I'll come visit for a beer or 2....

Sounds like a plan.

(06-03-2019, 02:10 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Uh, I don't think Harley understands "a beer or 2".   Drunk

Correct.

(06-03-2019, 06:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Action photo from Harley's vacation..

Lol, my cub cadet is my work horse. Before I cut a few trees down last year, I would drive up one and be close to that angle, just so I had just a little less weed eating to do around it. That was kinda fun now that I look back on it.

(06-03-2019, 07:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: I dont have to go back to work until August 12. Tongue

That’s awesome. My wife works part time at the schools and about to go full time. She’s going to have a similar schedule. This works well because she loves to work outside in the yard which means less yard work for me.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 06:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Action photo from Harley's vacation..

Nothing runs like a Deere!
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2019, 11:19 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Nothing runs like a Deere!

Nothing can stop a Trane.

Reply/Quote