Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moral Courage
(01-20-2022, 02:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My change would be at the executive level, and then depending on the current global situation.  Since LBJ the Dems haven't really impressed at the foreign policy level.  I think they're perceived as weak by the more dictatorial countries.  Ukraine will be a litmus test on how much those countries can get away with under Biden.  Say what you will about Trump, but I think his unpredictability, and volatility, put the breaks on the more aggressive actions we saw from Putin while Obama was in office and may very well be about to see again.  Speaking generally, I'd say Dems are better with our allies and the GOP handles our opposition better.

Here's what I will say about Trump. 

He blew up the TPP and the Iran deal and Afghanistan, gave cover for MBS' murder of a journalist, and brought Kim out of his box, while siding with Putin over our CIA and FBI.

His unpredictability and volatility were much appreciated by foreign dictators who see democracy as threat, and whom to a man value "strength" over "weakness." These qualities were not appreciated by our allies or even our foreign policy establishment, or even Trump's own advisors. His cabinet and NSC were in constant turmoil from surprises and dismissals. Four years of chaos.

You consider BushII worse on foreign policy, than even Trump. But Dems "haven't impressed"?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:18 PM)Dill Wrote: Here's what I will say about Trump. 

He blew up the TPP and the Iran deal and Afghanistan, gave cover for MBS' murder of a journalist, and brought Kim out of his box, while siding with Putin over our CIA and FBI.

His unpredictability and volatility were much appreciated by foreign dictators who see democracy as threat, and whom to a man value "strength" over "weakness." These qualities were not appreciated by our allies or even our foreign policy establishment, or even Trump's own advisors. His cabinet and NSC were in constant turmoil from surprises and dismissals. Four years of chaos.

You consider BushII worse on foreign policy, than even Trump. But Dems "haven't impressed"?

"But other than that how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?"  Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 08:18 PM)Dill Wrote: But Dems "haven't impressed"?

Yup.
Reply/Quote