Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Validation and Confidence
(12-05-2022, 03:30 PM)pally Wrote: Yahoo's rankings are already out...prepare to be shocked

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-054607995.html

1. Philadelphia

2. CINCINNATI

3. Buffalo

4. Dallas

5. Kansas City

Not bad for a team who's season was over 4 weeks ago.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 03:30 PM)pally Wrote: Yahoo's rankings are already out...prepare to be shocked

1. Philadelphia

2. CINCINNATI

3. Buffalo

4. Dallas

5. Kansas City

Wow….
Reply/Quote
Watching ESPN+ PrimeTime they answered it. This win was the validation even the SB didn’t render.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The SB should have been enough validation. Yet even though the Bengals had beaten the Chiefs twice in recent history still some Bengals fans were picking the Chiefs even though they had lost their top WR and the Bengals really lost nobody and got better on the O-line. Some were predicting a Chiefs blowout even.

Others were chiming in that the Bengals had not beaten any team this year that was even remotely good lol. So would say that game was more validation than the SB which is strange. But we all know the Chiefs were coming in ready to exact revenge and the Bengals never even flinched.

Big win but the race is not over, yet respect was earned in a big way
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I've seen respect from some pundits, but I still see more skepticism than one might expect about a team that has beat an NFL darling three times in a row. "The Browns have beat them five times in a row," says one talking head.

That's the next step. Stop losing games that we should win. Starting Sunday.
Reply/Quote
If you check the NFL.com article (5 up and 5 down I think), where they've had the Bills and Eagles as their Super Bowl picks just changed it to the Bengals over the Cowboys as their choice this week.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 10:48 AM)Nepa Wrote: Agree on all points presented. As for the validation, I do believe for the general fan, yesterday was a bigger validation. So many fans, including KC fans until yesterday, looked at last year as a fluke and as lucky. There were even some Bengals posters here who claimed the Bengals were lucky in their wins. But three wins against KC is a big wake up call that last year was not a fluke or based on luck. This team is really, really good.

Those posters just can't swallow their pride and admit they were wrong. Speaking from experience, eating crow now and again ain't that bad.....but you'll never get some of these people to sample it.

I've noticed that some posters are conspicuously absent since the team has gone on this run. Especially that LSU fan that only posts after losses. Hmm

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought the wins against CAR and PIT weren't that impressive given how bad those teams are.
So I was skeptical of the Bengals beating the likes of TEN, KC, and BUF.

And then when the Bengals beat TEN, I thought perhaps TEN just wasn't as good I thought (or they don't match up well to the Bengals).
So I was more optimistic but still skeptical of truly beating teams like KC and BUF given their ability to pass the ball.

This win against KC has now convinced me the Bengals are back to their late-season 2021 form of actually being a contender again.
I now think they could beat any team remaining on their schedule, but I still won't be upset if they drop a couple games the rest of the way.
They've pulled a couple great wins to make it less worrisome of getting back into the playoffs.

IDK if you remember or not, but a week or so ago, you and I were discussing our playoff chances and how beating KC would almost put us in the driver's seat with a really good shot at 10 wins. Welp, it happened!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 03:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not bad for a team who's season was over 4 weeks ago.... Hilarious

.....with a shitty coach. Hilarious

Reply/Quote

1. Philadelphia

2. CINCINNATI

3. Buffalo

4. Dallas

5. Kansas City

We are ESPN’s rankings we’ve moved exactly 0 spots.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: IDK if you remember or not, but a week or so ago, you and I were discussing our playoff chances and how beating KC would almost put us in the driver's seat with a really good shot at 10 wins. Welp, it happened!

Yep I remember.
I do think the Bengals need 2 more wins to get a spot.
I think they can beat any of the remaining teams now.
Hopefully it starts with beating the Browns this coming weekend.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote