Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value Of NFL Franchises- Bengals LAST
The total value of the NFL's franchises, which include team-related businesses and real estate held by owners, is $132 billion, according to Sportico.

The Cowboys, Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots have real estate developments and other businesses that made it the top three valued teams in the NFL. The Cowboys started a hospitality company, Legends, with the Yankees, and has partnerships with a number of NFL teams. This offseason it became the first NFL team to reach a sponsorship deal with a cryptocurrency company, Blockchain.com.

"Sports may not be for everybody, but for those who do love it, it is real fertile ground," executive vice president Stephen Jones told Sportico. "Whether it's a Legends platform, a real estate platform, a technology platform, we've seen that you can use The Star, the Cowboys and sports to really enhance business."

It is not just the value of the team.
Reply/Quote
How the **** is Detroit higher?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting to see that only about 5 MLB teams are worth more than the Bengals who are the least valuable NFL team. The Yankees are the outlier among MLB teams but the NFL teams are worth a lot more…
Reply/Quote
This shows a breakdown of the Bengals (as well as other teams if you click the arrows.) I believe this is from the previous season, but should still be relatively accurate.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/cincinnati-bengals/?sh=60a1fcf44551
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 01:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: ***** Rams. The rich just get richer.

Lot of that has to Do with Kronkes stadium he build... 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 11:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lot of that has to Do with Kronkes stadium he build... 

That Kroenke/Walton money…

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 11:09 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Interesting to see that only about 5 MLB teams are worth more than the Bengals who are the least valuable NFL team.  The Yankees are the outlier among MLB teams but the NFL teams are worth a lot more…

It's especially hard to believe when you consider that they play 162 games. I understand TV contracts are big, but damn.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 01:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: A lot of the value comes by way of market size. It is one of the reasons the Rams wanted out of St. Louis and into LA. If the Bengals were picked up and dropped in LA instead of the Rams they'd be worth an extra billion right off the top.

The Rams ARE Los Angeles.  We were there before we went to StL and then came home. 

Chargers were dropped into LA and are 19, a bit less than an extra billion above your Bengals. 

Eta: you are right on attention paid to markets. <3
Reply/Quote
Having a patch of grass with chalk on it instead of a nice practice facility keeps the value down below a couple other teams as well.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 07:01 PM)Alice Wrote: The Rams ARE Los Angeles.  We were there before we went to StL and then came home. 

Chargers were dropped into LA and are 19, a bit less than an extra billion above your Bengals. 

Eta: you are right on attention paid to markets. <3

Lol... Looked like a Niner home crowd during the NFC championship game...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 12:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's especially hard to believe when you consider that they play 162 games. I understand TV contracts are big, but damn.

It's not that hard to believe. The NFL is way more popular than MLB, and don't discount revenue sharing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 08:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Having a patch of grass with chalk on it instead of a nice practice facility keeps the value down below a couple other teams as well.

Actually that means little, revenue stream and TV market dominate

https://www.appraisaleconomics.com/factors-determine-much-nfl-franchise-worth/
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 11:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually that means little, revenue stream and TV market dominate

https://www.appraisaleconomics.com/factors-determine-much-nfl-franchise-worth/

That article doesn't do anything to dispel what i said: Better practice facilities adds value to the team. It's simple math. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Why should this surprise anyone. Before last year, this organization was ran like a mom and pop company. There was no concern about building a brand image that has value. Instead, this organization was a laughing stock. The lost decade, signing troubled players on the cheap and not participating in free agency along with a thirty year history not winning a playoff game didn’t do anything for brand equity. Also, the staleness of attending a game left a lot to be desired as a fan.

It wasn’t until Elizabeth Blackburn’s ideas were implemented where it does seem the franchise realized the old SOP ways were not helping the long term value of the team. I like where they are now going, but it wasn’t this way until Joe Burrow came on board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote