Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Van Pelt
Bengal fans get no respect. The time Marvin was kidnapped, the kidnappers sent the fans a note that said, “We want five thousand dollars or you’ll see your coach again.”

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 11:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who is that?

Nerdy bald guy on ESPN.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 02:44 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Good lord, anyone else remember her on attack of the show?  I thought she looked good but tried way too hard. I guess she got rewarded though. G4TV was awesome until they started showing reruns of COPS All day.

Yup, I do. People back then were saying already how she seemed fake and not that great a person, but many chocked up her aloofness to being her first time on TV and not being a true techie girl, etc.

Fast forward 10 years or so, shes ruined relationships, can't stay in a relationship, has gotten extensive work done on her face (which continues) and she buries everyone she can.

Looks like those people were spot on, back then. But I loved the network at that time; AOTS and X-Play were awesome and the two female hosts (Munn and Morgan Webb) were great eyecandy.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 09:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nerdy bald guy on ESPN.

He is the best person left on ESPN by a long shot though. That station has went to hell!!
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 05:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: How the Hell can he be happy... Freaking clay Mathews keeps breaking all his shit.

Idk man...he looked pretty happy riding about with Danica:

[Image: EmotionalHospitableHoverfly-max-1mb.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 05:01 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Van Pelt also coached Josh Freeman in Tampa Bay when he was actually good. Think he had 28 TDs to just 6 INTs. We got really lucky with this hire. Packers offered him an extension but he declined. Must of felt he had better chance to become a head coach being in Cincinnati.

Agree. Matter of fact, I think that’s how the Bengals got most of the new hires. Mike/Marvin must have menthioned that Marvin is here a short time. And, all the new hires would get a shot at being elevated once that happens.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 11:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: A VERY shitty human being and the reason why Rodgers didn't speak to his dad.

Wow, didn't know Munn was the reason for that, thanks Truck. Does sound very shitty.

(02-02-2018, 02:44 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Good lord, anyone else remember her on attack of the show?  I thought she looked good but tried way too hard. I guess she got rewarded though. G4TV was awesome until they started showing reruns of COPS All day.

She looks really good. Too bad as Truck said, she be shitty biatch it seems...

(02-02-2018, 07:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: When Mike was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to Paul, “I’m very sorry. We did everything we could but he pulled through.”

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 02:14 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Agree.  Matter of fact, I think that’s how the Bengals got most of the new hires.  Mike/Marvin must have menthioned that Marvin is here a short time.  And, all the new hires would get a shot at being elevated once that happens.

Hey, got some nice candidates. Might not be as bad as some of us thought...

Love the Pollack and Van Pelt grabs and Austin has been knocking on a HC job for awhile now.

Who knows how good Lazor is, he was handcuffed big time last year and on the Phins IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, got some nice candidates. Might not be as bad as some of us thought...

Love the Pollack and Van Pelt grabs and Austin has been knocking on a HC job for awhile now.

Who knows how good Lazor is, he was handcuffed big time last year and on the Phins IMHO.

Yeah, I am actually excited again this year. Last time we had decent line play we went 12-4, so hopefully that gets fixed. If , heaven forbid, we make a SMART FA singing or two and have a nice draft we might just be able to do this thing.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 02:48 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah, I am actually excited again this year. Last time we had decent line play we went 12-4, so hopefully that gets fixed. If , heaven forbid, we make a SMART FA singing or two and have a nice draft we might just be able to do this thing.

We will see come FA but the coaching moves besides Marv were all pretty good.

If we can actually run the ball in the 2nd halves of games Marv's conservative approach might not be a bad thing even.

Seeing what Van Pelt did with the likes of Freeman and Rodgers and what Pollack did in Dallas this might not be terribly far fetched.

Moving on from PA alone makes me excited, but adding Pollack adds that much more. He was the best OLC out there by far.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 05:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: How the Hell can he be happy... Freaking clay Mathews keeps breaking all his shit.

Hilarious good one
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 04:26 AM)grampahol Wrote: We should all do the unthinkable and pretend that we don't get no respect with our best Rodney Dangerfield imitations.. 

(02-02-2018, 07:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: When Mike was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to Paul, “I’m very sorry. We did everything we could but he pulled through.”

(02-02-2018, 08:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bengal fans get no respect. The time Marvin was kidnapped, the kidnappers sent the fans a note that said, “We want five thousand dollars or you’ll see your coach again.”

Paul and Katie Brown moved a lot when Mike was young, but Mike kept finding them.
Reply/Quote
I tell ya, Mike Brown's not that smart. Marvin told him his players were spoiled. Mike said, "all players smell that way".

No respect I tell ya!
Reply/Quote
PB carried around the picture of the kid who came with his wallet.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We will see come FA but the coaching moves besides Marv were all pretty good.

If we can actually run the ball in the 2nd halves of games Marv's conservative approach might not be a bad thing even.

Seeing what Van Pelt did with the likes of Freeman and Rodgers and what Pollack did in Dallas this might not be terribly far fetched.

Moving on from PA alone makes me excited, but adding Pollack adds that much more. He was the best OLC out there by far.

You mean you dont like 3 rushes for -3 like the last 2 years. lol  

That shit drives me insane.  My beer intake skyrockets in the second half!!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 01:10 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: You mean you dont like 3 rushes for -3 like the last 2 years. lol  

That shit drives me insane.  My beer intake skyrockets in the second half!!

Yep. That’s what I blame my alcoholism on. The Friggin Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 10:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep. That’s what I blame my alcoholism on. The Friggin Bengals.

Alcoholism, broken glasses, remotes.... and the list goes on!! lol  

My wife hates me and its all Mike Brown's fault!!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 10:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep. That’s what I blame my alcoholism on. The Friggin Bengals.

Try that approach if you ever get arrested and have to attend court sanctioned sessions with the court appointed ninnies of alcoholism treatment . The only approach that works with them is along the lines of 'Yes, I'm a horrible human being unworthy of your time and effort  and you are always right and I couldn't possibly be right about anything ever.' and if you're really lucky she'll be a man hating type utterly void of any kind of compassion...

I speak from a voice of experience . LOL
It's just one of the many reasons I gave up on alcoholism .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 01:06 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Alcoholism, broken glasses, remotes.... and the list goes on!! lol  

My wife hates me and its all Mike Brown's fault!!

Remember the TV Brick debut? I thought it was a good idea, but seemingly didn’t take off like intended.

(02-03-2018, 04:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: Try that approach if you ever get arrested and have to attend court sanctioned sessions with the court appointed ninnies of alcoholism treatment . The only approach that works with them is along the lines of 'Yes, I'm a horrible human being unworthy of your time and effort  and you are always right and I couldn't possibly be right about anything ever.' and if you're really lucky she'll be a man hating type utterly void of any kind of compassion...

I speak from a voice of experience . LOL
It's just one of the many reasons I gave up on alcoholism .

Umm yeah! I’ve heard all about them by others. They degrade people to the point of mental abuse.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 03:18 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aaron-rodgers-not-happy-losing-170054033.html

According to this article, Aaron Rodgers is not happy with them not keeping Van Pelt. He displayed it publicly and its obvious that he learned from him and is upset with the move.

Maybe he can turn Dalton into Aaron Rodgers!!  JK but hopefully he can help though

I like it when players are upset when their coaches leave, makes me feel like we made a good decision. Did anyone outcry like this for Alexander?

I was intrigued about this hiring when I thought he might have been there when the incredibly average Matt Flynn had a ridiculous 470+ yard game against Detroit the last week of the season (his only start) and parlayed it in to a contract at Seattle, but Van Pelt didn't start there until 2014.

Hard to judge the man's talent as a coach when he had the best QB and a lot of the stuff Rogers does seems to be off-script.  I am hopeful that he can work with Lazor on "scramble drills" as when you watch piggy or Rogers, you see WRs continue to specified spots when a play breaks down and those often end up as huge plays.  I believe the catch-phrase now is "chunk plays"  Hilarious.  The Bengals receivers just stop running and watch Dalton look for help only to end up throwing it away or getting sacked.  

Van Pelt strikes me as a guy that was racing Civics with a Ferrari.  That won't be the case in Cincy.  I gave Zampese a shot and it backfired.  As QB coach, I hope more than anything he can help Dalton with one of his biggest weaknesses:  zeroing in on his primary target.  I hope he can help him learn to look off safeties and start working with his secondary and tertiary options. 
Reply/Quote