Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vance Joseph confirmed as new Dolphins DC
(01-12-2016, 10:21 PM)McC Wrote: Coaching in Miami hasn't worked out for anyone since Shula retired.  I wish him well.

Kind of OT, but why the hell did Mike Sherman never get another shot as a head coach.  With the Packers he won 57 games in 6 seasons, made the playoffs four straight years (with 2 wins), and only had one losing season.  Yet when he came back to the NFL from Texas A&M he ended up as the Dolphins OC instead of as a head coach somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Our pass defense has been elite (top 3) both of the last two years.

Our pass D couldn't make a stop when we needed them the most.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
.....this is just shocking to me.....why is NO ONE after Billy Joel, Jr. and "Living off My Daddy's Name" Zampese? I thought these two were the pick of the position coaches litter? Ninja

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'd be very happy with Coyle returning, but I'm wondering why he wasn't brought back as a consultant already. I think we all new Joseph was leaving after he was denied opportunities last year... The Bengals have brought guys back with an understanding that positions would be coming available.

As for Burke: If he was still under contract with the Bengals, it's telling that they let him leave for a lateral move. It's possible they weren't impressed with his work on our weakest position group (in my opinion).

I wonder about a Kevin Greene or Mike Singletary as linebacker coach. Greene has certainly been around the team before, and I think I read Singletary was looking to get back into coaching. They could be good for Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:24 AM)jj22 Wrote: Our pass D couldn't make a stop when we needed them the most.

with 2 of the best Pass Defenders on the sideline
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:40 PM)gobobro Wrote: I'd be very happy with Coyle returning, but I'm wondering why he wasn't brought back as a consultant already. I think we all new Joseph was leaving after he was denied opportunities last year... The Bengals have brought guys back with an understanding that positions would be coming available.

As for Burke: If he was still under contract with the Bengals, it's telling that they let him leave for a lateral move. It's possible they weren't impressed with his work on our weakest position group (in my opinion).

I wonder about a Kevin Greene or Mike Singletary as linebacker coach. Greene has certainly been around the team before, and I think I read Singletary was looking to get back into coaching. They could be good for Burfict.

Yeah, would love this.  Ray Lewis talked about how much he helped him as linebackers coach on A Football Life segment about Mike. Vontaze could "mature" a lot under Mike's tutelage. And by "mature" I mean how to channel your aggression so that the other team feels all the fear and pain, while your team only stands to gain.

I wouldn't mind having Coyle back either.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: with 2 of the best Pass Defenders on the sideline

Not just one game.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
SOB..
Funny, you'd think no one would want anything to do with our Dirty team and coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....this is just shocking to me.....why is NO ONE after Billy Joel, Jr. and "Living off My Daddy's Name" Zampese?  I thought these two were the pick of the position coaches litter? Ninja

Enough dude, go ahead with your own life...leave him alone! Ninja
Reply/Quote