Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vance Joseph likely out in Denver
It's being reported that Vance Joseph is likely not to be retained next season from Denver. I liked Joseph during his tenure here and he made a big impact on our secondary. I'm not sure where he stands with the bengals FO, but its probably a name to keep in mind when interviews start.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21924512/vance-joseph-head-coach-denver-broncos-long-odds-return-next-season
Reply/Quote
Taking a step back and realizing how large the Bengals coaching tree is over the past decade, chances are there will be at least one old face in the new regime.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Edit: Wrong thread.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Lap has mentioned VJ coming back as DC if Pauly gets a Head job here or elsewhere. If it’s elsewhere Lap said Matvin could stay.
Reply/Quote
Much rather have Del Rio. I have a feeling the raiders are going to regret this
Reply/Quote
Why do people want Vance Joseph? He just flopped HARD in Denver, a place that's been winning for years. He's pretty much a shitty internal candidate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 02:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why do people want Vance Joseph? He just flopped HARD in Denver, a place that's been winning for years. He's pretty much a shitty internal candidate.

I believe that I read throughout the season that John Elway was pretty much micro-managing the team and with a dream team of QB's in Osweiler, Siemian, and Paxton Lynch he really didn't have an offense to work with. Again, I couldn't pull up the article or even say for sure it existed. I am just pretty sure I remember hearing that John Elway was not making VJ's job any easier.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:11 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I believe that I read throughout the season that John Elway was pretty much micro-managing the team and with a dream team of QB's in Osweiler, Siemian, and Paxton Lynch he really didn't have an offense to work with. Again, I couldn't pull up the article or even say for sure it existed. I am just pretty sure I remember hearing that John Elway was not making VJ's job any easier.

Much like the Bengals, the Denver offensive line was in great disarray this season.  As for Vance Joseph, I really liked him as the Secondary Coach, when he was with the Bengals.  Not sure that one year in Denver, with a GM that may be a little to "hands on" is a fair measure of Joseph's coaching and communication abilities.  Now, if he is indeed canned by the Broncos, I wouldn't mind seeing Joseph at least get an interview with the team.  And, with rumors speculating that Jon Gruden would want Guenther as his DC of the Raiders, I would think Joseph to be an excellent candidate for DC of the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
According to NFL daily, Vance Joseph will return to Denver
Reply/Quote
I don’t want anything to do with Joseph. The Broncos underachieved this year, and he looked like a deer in headlights on the sidelines.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:11 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I believe that I read throughout the season that John Elway was pretty much micro-managing the team and with a dream team of QB's in Osweiler, Siemian, and Paxton Lynch he really didn't have an offense to work with. Again, I couldn't pull up the article or even say for sure it existed. I am just pretty sure I remember hearing that John Elway was not making VJ's job any easier.

John Elway has been around since 2011. During that time, they've made 2 super bowls and numerous playoff appearances. With 2-3 different coaches.

So I can't buy the Elway meddling excuse. They've made the playoffs with Tebow, Osweiler and the empty husk of Peyton Manning at QB.

The defense regressed this year. That's the real story. They dropped from 4th in points allowed, to 22nd. 

Elway's tenure:

2011: 8-8 (won division and a playoff game with Tim Tebow)
2012: 13-3
2013: 13-3
2014: 12-4
2015: 12-4
2016: 9-7
2017: 5-11 with Vance Joseph
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote