Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vatican dismisses gay priest who came out...
(10-04-2015, 10:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  "I support freedom of choice. My choice is to not support abortion, except in cases of a clear-cut choice between the lives of the mother and child. A child conceived through incest or rape is innocent and deserves the right to be born. I consider myself Catholic, lock, stock and barrel, with this technical loophole: I cannot believe in God. I refuse to call myself an atheist however, because that indicates too great a certainty about the unknowable." --Same Person

So? 
(10-04-2015, 10:24 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: So? 

Hey, I was just following your lead. I assumed you had a point when you quoted him out of the blue. Seems I was mistaken. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-04-2015, 06:14 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Maybe he can use this period of unemployment to actually investigate the Christian faith and accept that his chosen profession was based on a nonexistent entity, and that his time would be better spent doing literally anything other than "theology".

[Image: 10ggw2x.gif]
(10-04-2015, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, I was just following your lead. I assumed you had a point when you quoted him out of the blue. Seems I was mistaken. 

Well somebody joked that he would become an Episcopalian or Anglican, and adding to the levity of it, I provided a quote I always found funny. Not sure how that's out of the blue unless you aren't very good at rea... oh wait. Nvm.

And now I've just explained the very same post you just deemed yourself fit to respond to, just like every other day. 
(10-04-2015, 05:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Which is what I said:
He doesn't meet the requirements to hold the job...but he's completely capable of performing all the job duties.

But as a priest wouldn't his job duties include teaching, and above all following Catholic doctrine? Seems like a conflict of interest.
Wait, he had a partner too? Why are we surprised that he was dismissed? I'm pretty sure a priest who came out as having a secret wife would be dismissed too.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

He violated his vows, and then decided to make a big media deal out of it. Sorry bro.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I had an Ethics Teacher who was an ex Jesuit Priest who left the priesthood to marry a Nun who also left her order. They didn't leave the church though as they are still both Catholics. They left their orders because they no longer could meet the requirements to fulfill their duties.

No different than this guy.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.