Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegas and ESPN AFC North Division Outlook
Both agree on one thing. The Bengals will end up in last place. Vegas is picking the Browns to win it. ESPN is picking the Steelers to win it. ESPN claims the Steelers have gotten rid of their cancers in Bell and Brown so they can focus on winning games. The Browns have the better talent though. The Ravens and Bengals are both at the bottom. I would love for the Bengals to win it and show them both wrong. We do have Green and Mixon as weapons so don't overlook them.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 07:48 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Both agree on one thing. The Bengals will end up in last place. Vegas is picking the Browns to win it. ESPN is picking the Steelers to win it. ESPN claims the Steelers have gotten rid of their cancers in Bell and Brown so they can focus on winning games. The Browns have the better talent though. The Ravens and Bengals are both at the bottom. I would love for the Bengals to win it and show them both wrong. We do have Green and Mixon as weapons so don't overlook them.

Post the odds?

Bengals at 15:1 to win the north

Steel and browns each like 1.5:1

Ravens 3.5:1

Vegas thinks we win 6 games as well
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 07:52 PM)BNSF Wrote: Post the odds?

Bengals at 15:1 to win the north

Steel and browns each like 1.5:1

Ravens 3.5:1

Vegas thinks we win 6 games as well

If I wasn't a God fearing man, I'd take the over on those 6 wins all ******' day.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm definitely trying to find someone that's going to Vegas to place some prop bets for me:

I want to do a parlay of a bunch of bets that seem like no brainers:

-Mixon's over/under rushing yards is 850 so take the over (I met also bet that big separately because he'll DESTROY that).

-Mixon's over/under rushing and receiving TDs at 7 (take the over because if he's healthy that's easy money

-Bengals over/under wins at 6 so take the over.

-AJ Green over/under 1150 receiving yards, take the over.

Might be a few more and might seem like a homer and sucker to take all the overs but those seem like sure things (said every better ever).
Reply/Quote
The Ravens look to me like one of the most disrespected teams in the league right now. Nobody seems to think the defending division champions are going to do anything... I get that people are already throwing in the towel on Jackson but it seems a little excessive to me.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 09:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: -Mixon's over/under rushing yards is 850 so take the over (I met also bet that big separately because he'll DESTROY that).

850? Lol. Outside of injury I don't see how he doesn't come close to that.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 10:42 PM)NKURyan Wrote: The Ravens look to me like one of the most disrespected teams in the league right now. Nobody seems to think the defending division champions are going to do anything... I get that people are already throwing in the towel on Jackson but it seems a little excessive to me.

3.5 to 1 odds are very respectful

They’re basically saying it’s a 3 team race for the north
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 10:48 PM)BNSF Wrote: 3.5 to 1 odds are very respectful

They’re  basically saying it’s a 3 team race for the north

The odds are fine, but nobody seems to actually be picking them to win the division. A division that seems to be pretty weak overall, too.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 10:52 PM)NKURyan Wrote: The odds are fine, but nobody seems to actually be picking them to win the division. A division that seems to be pretty weak overall, too.

I don't think you realize they lost a lot on defense. The team is worse this year on paper then last... and Lamar has impressed few.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 11:00 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I don't think you realize they lost a lot on defense. The team is worse this year on paper then last... and Lamar has impressed few.

I know exactly what their offseason losses were, thanks. Their LBs took a hit, but it's not like they're the only team in the division with issues at that position, and I'd say they improved at S, RB, and potentially even WR (because I don't think Brown or Crabtree are anything to write home about, might as well go young at the position). Jackson's a question mark, sure, but he did finish the regular season with a 6-1 record as a starter including a win over a playoff team (better than Mayfield's much ballyhooed 5-2 finish with none against playoff teams) so he must've been doing something ok back there.

Pittsburgh's also worse on paper than last year. Cleveland's still Cleveland until they go out and actually prove that they're not for the first time in 12 years.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 07:48 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Both agree on one thing. The Bengals will end up in last place. Vegas is picking the Browns to win it. ESPN is picking the Steelers to win it. ESPN claims the Steelers have gotten rid of their cancers in Bell and Brown so they can focus on winning games. The Browns have the better talent though. The Ravens and Bengals are both at the bottom. I would love for the Bengals to win it and show them both wrong. We do have Green and Mixon as weapons so don't overlook them.

In 1981 a very talented Bengals team was coming off a losing season and were beginning again with a disciplinarian at HC in Forrest Gregg.

Predictions for that year had the Bengals coming in last because the other teams in the division were just so much stronger, not really because the Bengals were weak. The Steelers were only two year removed from a SB win. The Browns were still decent. And Houston was still being led by Earl Campbell. And the Bengals had a history of never taking that next step.

Then it happened, and they went to a SB.

That year the team's 1st round pick was a WR bust in David Verser, but another WR stepped and played like a 1st rounder across from Isaac Curtis. Dan Ross was the team's excellent TE. FB Pete Johnson was a 1,000 rusher who also had 46 catches and was a 3 down beast.

The defense was talented and needed to come together and they did.

There are parallels with this year's team. 

Reply/Quote
Well I think its about time to plan a trip to Vegas and put a little bit of money on the Bengals lol. I can't help but get super hyped for this season. If I knew our OL was going to be decent I would think we would be able to do well in the post season too.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 09:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm definitely trying to find someone that's going to Vegas to place some prop bets for me:

I want to do a parlay of a bunch of bets that seem like no brainers:

-Mixon's over/under rushing yards is 850 so take the over (I met also bet that big separately because he'll DESTROY that).

-Mixon's over/under rushing and receiving TDs at 7 (take the over because if he's healthy that's easy money

-Bengals over/under wins at 6 so take the over.

-AJ Green over/under 1150 receiving yards, take the over.

Might be a few more and might seem like a homer and sucker to take all the overs but those seem like sure things (said every better ever).

Although the individual stats look enticing, I would only bet on team odds. Betting on specific players to achieve certain goals, is almost jinxing them to get hurt. Not that it would happen, but it’s sports and I know how my history of betting seems to turn out.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 08:41 PM)jason Wrote: If I wasn't a God fearing man, I'd take the over on those 6 wins all ******' day.

Me 2
Reply/Quote
Sports betting is legal in Indiana

So for all of you bengal fan super Betors, head 23 miles west and make your prop bets. There is no excuse. You don’t have to go to Vegas.

It’s Almost like our fans get men in black mind erases ever year.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 02:44 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well I think its about time to plan a trip to Vegas and put a little bit of money on the Bengals lol. I can't help but get super hyped for this season. If I knew our OL was going to be decent I would think we would be able to do well in the post season too.

I wish I shared your enthusiasm

Bad o line
Below avg qb
Aging wr 1
Worst defense in football w zero additions.

Ppl expecting magic this year are in for a long winter

I’ll take the under on wins
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 10:25 AM)BNSF Wrote: Sports betting is legal in Indiana

So for  all of you bengal fan super Betors, head 23 miles west and make your prop bets.   There is no excuse.  You don’t have to go to Vegas.

It’s Almost like our fans get men in black mind erases ever year.

Indiana is just as far away as what Vegas is for me.

Our team is better than you think. Dalton isnt below average, and Green is still a good receiver. Boyd has played well and IF (I know a big if) Eifert can stay healthy then we have good receiving options. Mixon lead the AFC in yards last year too. I don't think we will win the super bowl or anything like that, but for sure we will do a lot better than we did last year.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 11:48 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Indiana is just as far away as what Vegas is for me.

Our team is better than you think. Dalton isnt below average, and Green is still a good receiver. Boyd has played well and IF (I know a big if) Eifert can stay healthy then we have good receiving options. Mixon lead the AFC in yards last year too. I don't think we will win the super bowl or anything like that, but for sure we will do a lot better than we did last year.

Your location says  Cincy OH - but where do you live?

Indiana and Vegas are not the only states to allow sports betting.  And. Bookies exist- they take bets anywhere 

I guess you just dont want to bet  
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 10:28 AM)BNSF Wrote: I wish I shared your enthusiasm

Bad o line
Below avg qb
Aging wr 1
Worst defense in football w zero additions.

Ppl expecting magic this year are in for a long winter  

I’ll take the under on wins

Yeah a lot of fans tend to focus on the Mixons, Greens, and Atkins...but generally your worst starters are the ones that undermine you.

I would say average to slightly above average starting QB though.

People seem to think the new coaching staff is magic.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 11:48 AM)Brownshoe Wrote:  Dalton isnt below average

Yes he is. 

2018   26th out of 33 qualified Starters for Passer rating

2017   17th out of 32

2016  15th out of 30

2015  2nd out of 32 

2014  25th out of 33

2013  15th out of 37 

2012  13th out of 32

2011   20th out of 34

3 of his 8 seasons hes been a top 50% QB.   5 of his 8 he has been at 50% or lower

The definition of below avg - But I am sure hes the only qb to have injuries and coaching changes to deal w
Reply/Quote