Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vendors
This thread is for those who went to todays game or will in the future.

Beer Vendors are now not walking the isles. The wait to get food/beer was the worst I've seen in over 20 years of going to games

I literally missed 80% of the 3rd quarter in line...the poor guy behind me wanted to buy my beers because the vendor was cutting people off at the end of the 3rd quarter.

The freaking beer vendors were hanging out in the tunnels 10+ people deep.

This is clearly a problem that I hope the Brown family addresses...

Who Dey - game atmosphere was the best I've seen in quite a while.. glad we got the W all things considered :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Weird. The lines actually move faster now at GABP since going cashless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Weird. The lines actually move faster now at GABP since going cashless.

Lot more people going to PBS than the Reds.  

Typically I could go take a piss... & get a beer/nachos in less than 10 minutes. 

Not allowing vendors to walk up and down the aisle obviously is pushing people & their kids outside increasing traffic
Reply/Quote
In my section it would have taken the better part of a quarter to get through a line at just about any point in the game. I didn't buy anything but lemonade for myself and a snow cone for my kid because that stand had the shortest line.

If things don't improve, I wouldn't go to any game planning on drinking much unless you're willing to miss a lot of football to buy overpriced beer.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Weird. The lines actually move faster now at GABP since going cashless.

GABP is also half the capacity and most games don't come close to filling that

All stadiums are experiencing staffing issues

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:15 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Lot more people going to PBS than the Reds.

Typically I could go take a piss... & get a beer/nachos in less than 10 minutes. 

Not allowing vendors to walk up and down the aisle obviously is pushing people & their kids outside increasing traffic

(09-12-2021, 10:05 PM)pally Wrote: GABP is also half the capacity and most games don't come close to filling that

True.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:15 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Lot more people going to PBS than the Reds.  

(09-12-2021, 10:05 PM)pally Wrote: GABP is also half the capacity and most games don't come close to filling that

Which is weird because it also feels like there is more options and locations for food and drink at GABP. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:54 PM)QueenCity Wrote: This thread is for those who went to todays game or will in the future.

Beer Vendors are now not walking the isles. The wait to get food/beer was the worst I've seen in over 20 years of going to games

I literally missed 80% of the 3rd quarter in line...the poor guy behind me wanted to buy my beers because the vendor was cutting people off at the end of the 3rd quarter.

The freaking beer vendors were hanging out in the tunnels 10+ people deep.

This is clearly a problem that I hope the Brown family addresses...

Who Dey - game atmosphere was the best I've seen in quite a while.. glad we got the W all things considered :)

I didn't have an issue getting food and something to drink before the game started.  Pro Shop had a big line, but it moved quickly.  I hit the bathroom and got something to drink after the Chase TD to try beat the lines.  I was surprised at there not being a line for the bathroom.  The line for food/drink was kinda long and moved slowly, but some of that seemed to be people arguing about the "no cash" policy or just being generally difficult (I waited behind a woman that was complaining about the sauce on the buffalo tenders being too hot).  
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 10:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: I didn't have an issue getting food and something to drink before the game started.  Pro Shop had a big line, but it moved quickly.  I hit the bathroom and got something to drink after the Chase TD to try beat the lines.  I was surprised at there not being a line for the bathroom.  The line for food/drink was kinda long and moved slowly, but some of that seemed to be people arguing about the "no cash" policy or just being generally difficult (I waited behind a woman that was complaining about the sauce on the buffalo tenders being too hot).  

I will give the Bengals credit for the Jungle Zone they created outside the stadium.  They had corn hole set up, Naked Karate Girls played and they had couple food trucks near by.

Didn't have any issues with the restrooms.

Looks like the key is to eat/drink before the game... maybe gotta sneak a flask in lol
Reply/Quote
This is why I sneak in some glue to sniff.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is why I sneak in some glue to sniff.

[Image: sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is why I sneak in some glue to sniff.

I stick to freebasing in the bathroom stall.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:54 PM)samhain Wrote: In my section it would have taken the better part of a quarter to get through a line at just about any point in the game. I didn't buy anything but lemonade for myself and a snow cone for my kid because that stand had the shortest line.

If things don't improve, I wouldn't go to any game planning on drinking much unless you're willing to miss a lot of football to buy overpriced beer.

Agreed. Sent my son on a beer run. He missed the entire second quarter. Hell, I thought he walked to Covington for it. They played great while he was gone so I might send him every game in the future.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote