Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horse Flies
I hate these things...FREAKING HATE THEM!!!

Every year, I get bit by at least two times during the summer when cutting grass or when outside doing work and those SOB's hurt like a Mother.

I hate horse flies.

First bite happened today as I was pressure washing the deck and patio. I might burn the neighbors barn down and run off his horses and alpacas!

I hate those damn things.

I have a feeling I'm going to get eaten alive this year with how mild of a winter we had. And the bees are crazy along with the wasps but not as many ants.
Reply/Quote
So we got a case of horse flies leaving a barnyard full of animals to come to you and your yard? Try taking a shower and quit shitting off the side of your patio.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You know, a few years ago, when we had an outhouse, I was always getting biten or stung by one bug or another whenever I had to take a crap.  Then after the wife came along, she got stung one time, one time!  and we had to get indoor plumbing.  You know the moral of the story?  Grow a pair and take it like a champ! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I worked outside for weeks during the summer of 2013.
Mosquitoes and regular flies were bad, there was underbrush and tall vegetation on two sides of the building I demolished.
After an internet search, I found that spraying myself and clothing with blue listerine mouthwash kept those pests away.
Try this and let me know if it helps, good luck.

serious advice.....
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 05:49 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: I worked outside for weeks during the summer of 2013.
Mosquitoes and regular flies were bad, there was underbrush and tall vegetation on two sides of the building I demolished.
After an internet search, I found that spraying myself and clothing with blue listerine mouthwash kept those pests away.
Try this and let me know if it helps, good luck.

Or using Ben Gay on your ball sack...that keeps them away too. Try it and let us know how well it worked for you.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 07:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: Or using Ben Gay on your ball sack...that keeps them away too. Try it and let us know how well it worked for you.

Getting bitten all over not just ball sack . Take your own advice Smirk
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 08:26 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Getting bitten all over not just ball sack . Take your own advice Smirk

Kinda works like garlic around your neck to dissuade vampires. The ball sack is the key. It will keep them away from your entire body due to its centralized location. Slather a generous portion of that Ben Gay all over your jimmies and just watch those flies be deterred.
Reply/Quote
I've found Absorbine Jr. works great for gnats, but attracts mosquitos.  So you have to put Deep Woods Off on too.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 05:39 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I hate these things...FREAKING HATE THEM!!!

Every year, I get bit by at least two times during the summer when cutting grass or when outside doing work and those SOB's hurt like a Mother.

I hate horse flies.

First bite happened today as I was pressure washing the deck and patio. I might burn the neighbors barn down and run off his horses and alpacas!

I hate those damn things.

I have a feeling I'm going to get eaten alive this year with how mild of a winter we had. And the bees are crazy along with the wasps but not as many ants.
Apparently all of the ants have found their way to my yard here in Virginia...
Reply/Quote
Cold smoke those biitches!

[Image: bugasalt2-625x338.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 10:44 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: You know, a few years ago, when we had an outhouse, I was always getting biten or stung by one bug or another whenever I had to take a crap.  Then after the wife came along, she got stung one time, one time!  and we had to get indoor plumbing.  You know the moral of the story?  Grow a pair and take it like a champ! 

so you would prefer your wife with balls over indoor plumbling?  lol
Reply/Quote