Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals...where LB's go to ruin their careers:
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Uhm,
Doesn't health factor into that?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 01:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Uhm,
Doesn't health factor into that?
Yes - It does. It's his last 16 games played.
Reply/Quote
I truly don't think Preston is a bad player. I don't think he is some star studded linebacker but with him playing in a 2 LB system this year, he was being tasked with more side-to-side duty and he simply isn't the player to do that. If he gets into the right system, he will do fine but that's about as far as I would take it.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 01:11 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I truly don't think Preston is a bad player. I don't think he is some star studded linebacker but with him playing in a 2 LB system this year, he was being tasked with more side-to-side duty and he simply isn't the player to do that. If he gets into the right system, he will do fine but that's about as far as I would take it.

I've grown to hate this 2 LBer system we use. If you had 2 total top shelf studs ? perhaps it would work ?

With are group of average at bests = total failure
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 01:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've grown to hate this 2 LBer system we use. If you had 2 total top shelf studs ? perhaps it would work ?

With are group of average at bests = total failure

You need speed too and guys who can cover. That's what you see in Nickle for teams.

Why the coaches thought they could run it with Brown, Vigil, and Pratt...I don't know.

They should have adjusted and played all 3 together.

Instead, they sacrificed Brown.
Reply/Quote
We have been using a 2 LB line up abut two-thirds of the snaps for years.

This is not a huge new development.
Reply/Quote
Just watching it look s like we have some of the slowest LB in football. They come late to every play and more often than not I just watch the numbers on their back as they're trying to chase plays downfield.
Reply/Quote
Preston lost a step, therefore he wasn't making quite as many tackles 6-7 yards down the field as he used to lol.
Reply/Quote
I take shots at the FO all the time, but they were right on to cut ties.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 03:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have been using a 2 LB line up abut two-thirds of the snaps for years.

This is not a huge new development.

Yep... I seem to recall a lot of Burfict and Vinny Rey as the only two backers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
For some reason we only look at 240-250lb backers. In this day and age you have to be looking at those tweener guys from the past. Almost in the box safety type backers.
Reply/Quote