Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Versatility is the hallmark of the 2022 Bengals
(05-27-2022, 06:45 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hurst and CJ both ran a 4.6 but the athleticism isnt close.  CJ was always stiff.  

Hayden Hurst Was Faster Than Any Raven

(05-27-2022, 06:51 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Hayden Hurst 40 Yard dash at combine 4.67
C J Uzomah 40 yard dash at Auburn’s Pro Day 4.63

After C J’s injuries I doubt he’s faster

Hurst is much quicker on the field too just watching both of them. Much quicker, crisper routes and more fluid in the way he runs.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 06:45 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hurst and CJ both ran a 4.6 but the athleticism isnt close.  CJ was always stiff.  

Hayden Hurst Was Faster Than Any Raven

(05-27-2022, 07:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hurst is much quicker on the field too just watching both of them. Much quicker, crisper routes and more fluid in the way he runs.

Hurst might be a better route runner.  But I was just commenting on the claim about him being more of a vertical threat.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hurst might be a better route runner.  But I was just commenting on the claim about him being more of a vertical threat.

Probably related to off the ball quickness, avoidance of the line check and a better feel for the seam.  AKA - quicker and better route runner as has been said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hurst might be a better route runner.  But I was just commenting on the claim about him being more of a vertical threat.

Fred loves being on those islands with his thoughts:

NBC Sports: If you had Hayden Hurst registering the fastest speed of any Ravens player on a touchdown entering the season, come collect your prize.I

The second-year tight end reached 20.5 miles-per-hour on his 61-yard touchdown against the Bills, the fastest any Baltimore player has been tracked this season. (On a team with Hollywood Brown and Lamar Jackson)

Dirk Koetter Atl OC: What caught my eyes is how well he caught the ball in his hand,” Koetter said. “And Hayden is fast. Hayden is a [6-foot-4] 265-pound man who can run. I just watched all of his targets, and I watched how he ran his routes, how he caught the ball in his hands, and how he caught the ball in traffic. Obviously the 61-yarder was nice, and we like to use our tight ends going vertical.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 12:53 PM)Stewy Wrote: Probably related to off the ball quickness, avoidance of the line check and a better feel for the seam.  AKA - quicker and better route runner as has been said.

ThumbsUp

(05-28-2022, 01:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Fred loves being on those islands with his thoughts:

NBC Sports: If you had Hayden Hurst registering the fastest speed of any Ravens player on a touchdown entering the season, come collect your prize.I

The second-year tight end reached 20.5 miles-per-hour on his 61-yard touchdown against the Bills, the fastest any Baltimore player has been tracked this season. (On a team with Hollywood Brown and Lamar Jackson)

Dirk Koetter Atl OC: What caught my eyes is how well he caught the ball in his hand,” Koetter said. “And Hayden is fast. Hayden is a [6-foot-4] 265-pound man who can run. I just watched all of his targets, and I watched how he ran his routes, how he caught the ball in his hands, and how he caught the ball in traffic. Obviously the 61-yarder was nice, and we like to use our tight ends going vertical.

Nice find. Blew my mind. Thought he looked faster than Uzo on the field. Sometimes forty times can be misleading.
Reply/Quote
Fred and his thoughts

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Fred and his thoughts
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 12:53 PM)Stewy Wrote: Probably related to off the ball quickness, avoidance of the line check and a better feel for the seam.  AKA - quicker and better route runner as has been said.

I don't know but it certainly isn't based on production.

Hurst has been in the league 4 years and has 13 receptions longer than 20 yards in 57 games. Over the same 4 years Uzomah has played 7 fewer games (50) but has more receptions of 20+ yards (16).
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 07:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know but it certainly isn't based on production.

Hurst has been in the league 4 years and has 13 receptions longer than 20 yards in 57 games. Over the same 4 years Uzomah has played 7 fewer games (50) but has more receptions of 20+ yards (16).

You might want to mention 2018 was Hurst's rookie season and Uzomah's 4th. And Atlanta was a train wreck in 2020 and only so-so in 21, plus Hurst was behind Kyle Pitts in 21.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 08:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You might want to mention 2018 was Hurst's rookie season and Uzomah's 4th. And Atlanta was a train wreck in 2020 and only so-so in 21, plus Hurst was behind Kyle Pitts in 21.

And the sun got in his eyes.  Cry 

And it rained and made the field wet.  Cry 

And his shoe came untied.  Cry

And his father never said he loved him. Cry
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 08:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You might want to mention 2018 was Hurst's rookie season and Uzomah's 4th. And Atlanta was a train wreck in 2020 and only so-so in 21, plus Hurst was behind Kyle Pitts in 21.

He don't want to mention those things. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 01:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He don't want to mention those things. Mellow

I was trying not to embarrass bengalfan74, but since you keep pushing it

(05-28-2022, 08:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Atlanta was a train wreck in 2020 and only so-so in 21,

Uzo team record last 4 seasons...... 22-42-1
Hurst team record last 4 seasons.... 35-30-0

And how exactly does Hurst getting benched for a rookie show what a great vertical threat he is?
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was trying not to embarrass bengalfan74, but since you keep pushing it

And how exactly does Hurst getting benched for a rookie show what a great vertical threat he is?

Embarrass me  Hilarious Fred you're a piece of work. Of all the NFL TE's there's a whole lot that would be 2nd fiddle to Pitts.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was trying not to embarrass myself like I always do, but since you keep pushing it

(05-30-2022, 06:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Embarrass me  Hilarious Fred you're a piece of work. Of all the NFL TE's there's a whole lot that would be 2nd fiddle to Pitts.

FIFY Fred.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was trying not to embarrass bengalfan74, but since you keep pushing it

Hurst first 2 seasons were with the Ravens.  They went 24-8 over those 2 years.  He fell behind a TE that is on track for a Hall of Fame career if his production continues.  Atlanta was indeed a mess during his time there.  Over the last two years they went 11-22 (4-12 in 2020 and 7-10 in 2021).   So I'm not sure what your team record is supposed to present in relation to the comment that Hurst was on a bad team in Atlanta.  But the records show he was on a bad team the last two years.

To be fair Uzomah was on a bad team most of his career as a Bengal as well.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Versatility is nice to have in a couple guys so they can fill in gaps as backups, but honestly I would prefer guys who are the absolute best they can be at 1 spot.

Isn't that kind of the whole Jack of All Trades/Master of None deal?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 08:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Versatility is nice to have in a couple guys so they can fill in gaps as backups, but honestly I would prefer guys who are the absolute best they can be at 1 spot.

There’s definitely merit to your statement. But our versatility is centered around the line and versatility there isn’t unusual. Most that we drafted all have a solid position but have played other positions. I think you need to look at it as they are so talented… that’s what allows their versatility. JMO but with a few players taking so much of the salary cap more and more reserves aren’t very good. Having options will help some of that. But as far as this thread goes as the OP I like the options a lot on defense.
Reply/Quote

Hilarious. Really embarrassed BF74 there... Sarcasm

(05-30-2022, 06:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Embarrass me  Hilarious Fred you're a piece of work. Of all the NFL TE's there's a whole lot that would be 2nd fiddle to Pitts.

No doubt. Pitts might be the most talented TE to ever be.

Hurst isn't getting a fair shake from Fred here at all.

(05-30-2022, 06:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: FIFY Fred.
ThumbsUp

(05-30-2022, 08:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Hurst first 2 seasons were with the Ravens.  They went 24-8 over those 2 years.  He fell behind a TE that is on track for a Hall of Fame career if his production continues.  Atlanta was indeed a mess during his time there.  Over the last two years they went 11-22 (4-12 in 2020 and 7-10 in 2021).   So I'm not sure what your team record is supposed to present in relation to the comment that Hurst was on a bad team in Atlanta.  But the records show he was on a bad team the last two years.

To be fair Uzomah was on a bad team most of his career as a Bengal as well.

Damn rights. Spot on with everything George. Major reps. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 08:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Versatility is nice to have in a couple guys so they can fill in gaps as backups, but honestly I would prefer guys who are the absolute best they can be at 1 spot.

Good point. Still cannot have All Pros at every position. Nice to have versatile players that can do lots of different things
especially in the trenches where games are won.

(05-30-2022, 09:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There’s definitely merit to your statement. But our versatility is centered around the line and versatility there isn’t unusual. Most that we drafted all have a solid position but have played other positions. I think you need to look at it as they are so talented… that’s what allows their versatility. JMO but with a few players taking so much of the salary cap more and more reserves aren’t very good. Having options will help some of that. But as far as this thread goes as the OP I like the options a lot on defense.

Yes, should be fun to watch Lou's Defense this year in particular. All the talk is about the Offense from the analysts out 
there but I could very well see the Defense making the biggest jump especially in the Secondary where we need to get 
more turnovers and start to blow teams out. Get more turnovers on D and score TD's in the RZ on Offense are 2 things 
in particular we really need to improve at.
Reply/Quote

I get what you are saying.  You can't have all of your LBs light enough to play safety or all of your RBs small and quick enough to line up at WR.  Nothing wrong with "one trich ponies" when you just have to have that one trick.

Good thing is that no NFL team currently runs a no huddle offense.  So except at the ends of the half there is not a big concern with not being able to sub players freely.
Reply/Quote